bottle mounting question - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
bottle mounting question
Friday, August 25, 2006 11:11 AM
ok ive read and read and i know how the bottle is suppose to be mounted but is there anything wrong with mounting it sideways? like behind the drivers seat... thats where i want to mount mine so that i can open/close the bottle while driving. i read somewhere that youll either run lean/ or rich mounting it sideways but that doesnt make much sense to me..

so come on Drake, Nate, and BBall clear things up for me....

Re: bottle mounting question
Friday, August 25, 2006 11:43 AM
umm nope from what i know it doesnt matter at all which way you mount it. ive seen trunks custom installs in glove boxes..it doesnt matter to the point youll notice anything diff..but i wouldnt go installing it in a engine bay thats looking for trouble. in the back seat isnt smart to easy for a smash and grab then your out a bottle, and then you have to explain to the insurance why you had it in your car in a walmart parking lot lol
Friday, August 25, 2006 4:16 PM
if you install it in the cabin make sure you use a blow down tube

Friday, August 25, 2006 9:15 PM
i think you have to mount the bottle a certain way

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Friday, August 25, 2006 10:21 PM
the front of the bottle has to be higher then the rear, so the siphon tube works correctly. Also, you want to face the bottle valve towards the motor, so I would assume mounting it sideways would be notta so good.

Monday, August 28, 2006 1:34 PM
as long as the syphon is pointing down, ur good to go

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Monday, September 04, 2006 4:00 PM
you have to mount it with the top of the bottle facing the front of the car and where you put on the nitrous line that has to be pointed down.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 8:42 PM
Nitrous Nate wrote:you have to mount it with the top of the bottle facing the front of the car and where you put on the nitrous line that has to be pointed down.
Exactly.

Technicallly you can mount it any way you want really, but it wont work as well and you wont get all the nitrous possible if its not mounted like stated above

Wednesday, September 06, 2006 9:39 AM
ecotecpower wrote:
Nitrous Nate wrote:you have to mount it with the top of the bottle facing the front of the car and where you put on the nitrous line that has to be pointed down.
Exactly.

Technicallly you can mount it any way you want really, but it wont work as well and you wont get all the nitrous possible if its not mounted like stated above

you shouldnt be spraying at low psi anyway.

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Wednesday, September 06, 2006 1:30 PM
^^Exactly

Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:42 AM
so really im guessing the bottle position doesnt matter as long as the siphon tube it the correct way....

***Need A Power Lock Switch?***

Friday, September 08, 2006 4:12 AM
you want something like this, top where the nozzle is is higher than the back.

Friday, September 08, 2006 5:18 AM
Okay not to thread jack but i have a beam thats on the underside of the trunk that is directly in the way. how did you guys get around this? I'm thinking of moving the bottle

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search