Differences in dry shot kits? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Differences in dry shot kits?
Monday, September 04, 2006 6:25 PM
K.
I know Boosted is running a small shot thru is s/c. But im totally new to nitrous and have no idea which company would be ideal for a small 35-50 shot for my s/cd cavalier. What doesn't come with basic kits?

Any info, tips would be great.
Nate

Evolution of Cavyboy-->C22t--> C24na--->c24s/c
1995 Cavalier W/2k1 Engine
GM S/C 13.940@99.78pmh w/2.068 60ft

Re: Differences in dry shot kits?
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:38 AM
i would go with a NOS brand nitrous kit if i was to use nitrous. or nitrous express . guess you cant spray fuel into the s/c. i seen ford lightening guys do it.

good luck

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 5:58 PM
I don't have a whole lot of experience with my zex kit yet, but so far...so good.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:24 PM
Zex is pretty decent (I love the NMU), Nitrous Express is excellent (lifetime warrant solenoids), NOS is decent but have had a few solenoids go out but none the less good.
Tuesday, September 05, 2006 6:26 PM
edit: but my experience is with wet kits, no first hand experience on the dry ones so not sure how they'l work out for ya, good luck either way
Friday, September 08, 2006 9:00 PM
read your profile, any internal work done? sounds good on the outside....

basic kits come with bottle, fogger plate with solenoid or piece that goes in your intake somehow and soleniod, line and some misc. stuff

i've used all NOS brand foggers in school they were good never broke sooo..... if that helps you... they were all on small block 350's though.

Sunday, September 10, 2006 7:19 AM
I personally like NX gear, seems like they actually do innovate and do cool things.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006 8:04 PM
Hey Nate wanna find out.

isnt a dry shot from any company the same. a soleniod that works fine just opens and closes. the only thing that would change that is voltage and current and, that would be the users fault.

14.728 @ 92.14 (65 shot)
Saturday, September 16, 2006 3:47 AM
Nate check your email buddy I just ran a 50 shot through my gm s/c he other night at the track, picked up about a half second in the 1/4 and about 6mph. Pulled a log with hptuners and it lowered my IAT's to about 115 degrees fahrenheit. Zero to very little knock and the jetting was on the rich side. Let me know if you have any questions man, always willing to help.

"Horsepower is the Ultimate Accessory"
Sunday, September 17, 2006 8:02 PM
jimmyc99z24 wrote:Nate check your email buddy I just ran a 50 shot through my gm s/c he other night at the track, picked up about a half second in the 1/4 and about 6mph. Pulled a log with hptuners and it lowered my IAT's to about 115 degrees fahrenheit. Zero to very little knock and the jetting was on the rich side. Let me know if you have any questions man, always willing to help.

nice james, so im guessing 12's was in the books? im still waiting for venom to call me with the news on if somethings fried in my module or not then i can install my pump and head to the track and spray.

Monday, September 18, 2006 6:21 AM
Jim, boosted and Nate, what shots are you guys running? I need to step the car up and find a decent priced ZEX kit, hopefully dry to inject to the SC. I am only hitting 15.3 at the track although weather sucked.

What kits do you guys run and all dry shots right?

Also Jim my car needs a re tune bad, 15.3 is terrible, any chance we can meet up at NYIRP? You can drive the car too, I will pay your admission.

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible

Monday, September 18, 2006 9:51 AM
well im running a 50 shot currently. i havent gotten a chance to hit it yet because i need to install my upgraded fuel pump. Im running a venom dry kit right now that i bought with 2 bottles for a deal locally a year or so ago. works fine but the module box is at venom's shop getting tested for anything being fried because ever since i got it the car stumbles when nitrous is hooked up even with the kit hooked up right. with the rebuild and a 35 shot on the stock pulley i ran a 13.90@103 mph, i havent been back since the meth, 2.6 pulley, 50 shot and the 607 motorsports tune so times to come in the next few weeks. James tuned the car for a 50 shot and if the 50 shot goes well id like to bump it up to a 65 shot in the future. Id recommend a NOS or a NX kit because i looked at how James's kit was installed and it looks super clean and easy compared to my venom kit. I actually have a spare bottle sitting here id sell to you chris if you need it, its black and says venom on it.

I have no idea why your times are showing so slow man, i did alittle searching and looks like your car being a vert is only like 221 lbs more than a coupe. Its gotta be the engine man, sounds like your have super low compression or something like 8:8 or something. Im running 9:0 CR and luckily i didnt kill the car that much since im running nitrous with it. what is your trap speed on the 15.3?

Tuesday, September 19, 2006 6:08 PM
My specific car is 150 lbs more than a coupe due to the options I have so say an extra 2 tenths which can be expected, however the car is still running extremely slow so I am thinking I am loosing boost through the bypass valve. How to find out, I dont know. Jim and I were speaking today trying to find the problem and thats what he came up with.

As for the compression I know it is 9.0.1 since we did a compression check and Jim did the calculation and thats what it worked out to. Also FYI the compression test showed perfect compression nice and smooth throughout all cylenders. So it has to be the bypass valve, only thing I can think of, know where or part number for it?

http://members.cardomain.com/vertz24 1998 Z24 Convertible
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search