help nitrous problems!! - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help nitrous problems!!
Saturday, October 07, 2006 5:39 PM
i went to the track today and was a little disappointed.i ran the first run with a 50 shot and ran a17.1@80.63mph somethins wrong for sure.the best run i had was a 16.715@81.74mph without n20 and goin through the gears1st through 3rd . any ideas as to what is wrong?

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"

Re: help nitrous problems!!
Saturday, October 07, 2006 5:46 PM
did you spin any gears....cause more n2o sometimes gives you more slip at the beginning.....some engage it after the 60 mark

5 speed i assume? did you change the way you shift to compensate for the extra power?

I may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
Saturday, October 07, 2006 6:06 PM
its a 98 automatic convert., i ran it from first to third and when i was staged at the line i had the rpms at about 2000 to launch better. im runnin a edelbrock wet efi system with custom intake to the t.b. the psi was at 900 and i checked everything but i dont know if i have a bad soleinoid or what

Saturday, October 07, 2006 10:01 PM
post your time slips. like the whole slip so we can help you more

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, October 08, 2006 1:53 AM
Did you even hear it engage? Turn the bottle off and engine off and turn your N2o engage switch on, once that's on hit your WOT switch or button switch to spray the nitrous (WITH THE N2o bottle closed). Listen for a simulteanous click....If you can't tell it's more than one solenoid clicking get a friend to do it while you put an ear by each solenoid. Make sure you do that a limited number of times (2-3 times should be enough) to see if both solenoids are working.

If both solenoids are working you might have a leak like mine (had a nice 1/4" hole in my nitrous line). You should hear it spray pretty loud as if you were purging or shooting air out of a compressor sorta. The normal hiss sounds like if you were taking air outta your tires.

If that's not that case, make sure your jets in the nozzles aren't clogged.....

If nothing there, make sure the nozzle is turned the correct way....

If not that then, I have no clue? It'd be something electrical from that point but you'll know it's something electrical or mechanical by doing the solenoid click test. To positively make sure your solenoids work, you place one wire to the + battery terminal and quickly graze the - battery terminal with the other wire. It should click open, but if not, bad solenoid!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Sunday, October 08, 2006 12:16 PM
I would def check the solenoids, because it sounds like the fuel one is adding more fuel and the nitrous one isn't adding anything.

Sunday, October 08, 2006 4:34 PM
thanks ill definetely check that out

Monday, October 09, 2006 6:33 PM
well i found out the problem it was a big piece of teflon tape stuck in the n2o fitting, runs awesome now ,smokes the hell outta the tires with a 50 shot

Monday, October 09, 2006 8:16 PM
ya that would do it, lol. Glad you got er figured out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search