n2o problems!!!! - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
n2o problems!!!!
Sunday, January 07, 2007 7:24 PM
i fixed the car as far as running,changed plugs from old stock delcos to cheap copper Autolite 605s seeing they dont have 103s for the 98 cav 2.4 ,i also put a new o2 sensor in (before cat.) car was running really rich for some reason,and fouling the plugs out,anyways i put a new nitrous line in and had no leaks,i sprayed once tonight from a dead stop to test it out , everything went as expected with a wet 50 shot( Edelbrock EFI kit) until i let off at 50mph ,the car wanted to choke and die out and now runs like crap again when im in park and idling.its like im dumping to much fuel and i know the jet setup is correct for a 50 shot,im lost???also their were previous codes thrown such as cyl.misfire but that went away then i had a code for "idle rpm's"This is kind of a maint. issue and also a nitrous one.Any help?

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"

Re: n2o problems!!!!
Monday, January 08, 2007 6:52 AM
check your fuel solenoid sounds like may be sticking open and sprayinf fuel even when its off . just pull the line off the fogger and start the car briefly and see if any gas comes out the line .

13's or blowning it. wayhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/slowfire99/100_0463.jpg
Monday, January 08, 2007 8:39 AM
ill give that a try thanks

Monday, January 08, 2007 10:47 AM
Shawn Biggers (BIGGS) wrote:i fixed the car as far as running,changed plugs from old stock delcos to cheap copper Autolite 605s seeing they dont have 103s for the 98 cav 2.4 ,i also put a new o2 sensor in (before cat.) car was running really rich for some reason,and fouling the plugs out,anyways i put a new nitrous line in and had no leaks,
Quote:

i sprayed once tonight from a dead stop to test it out
, everything went as expected with a wet 50 shot( Edelbrock EFI kit) until i let off at 50mph ,the car wanted to choke and die out and now runs like crap again when im in park and idling.its like im dumping to much fuel and i know the jet setup is correct for a 50 shot,im lost???also their were previous codes thrown such as cyl.misfire but that went away then i had a code for "idle rpm's"This is kind of a maint. issue and also a nitrous one.Any help?

ok autolite 103's aren't meant for cavaliers but they work so buy them. now fix problems before you decide to be cool and blow your motor because it wasn't maintained

Quote:

your a smart one...... please do it again

Monday, January 08, 2007 12:59 PM
for one thanks jamesn29 thats what it was,for two mr.cake how do you purge without a purge kit?i wasnt street racing and i know that normally its better to engage the nitrous around 20mph or so, ive sprayed this car one time before so as far as trying to be COOL ,yeah that wasnt the goal , smarta**,im not a f***in' mechanic nor have i ever claimed to be one but i guess only smart ,cool ,guys like you know what their doin on this site right?i was lookin for help or advice not your f***in 2 cents.

Monday, January 08, 2007 1:55 PM
actaully what cheese said is right... you sprayed from a dead stop... thats just asking for problems.

if you ask me you dont know enough about nitrous to be using and should uninstall your system and read more. not doing so will just cause you problems.

Monday, January 08, 2007 2:01 PM
hey something small to look at before you replace the solenoid these solenoids are directional there is a in and out if you put it in the wrong way it willlet fuel go right through. just a little info that may save you money ???

13's or blowning it. wayhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/slowfire99/100_0463.jpg
Monday, January 08, 2007 2:09 PM
hey lighten up on this guy no matter what you say sometimes you write something down that dosent sound right im sure he didnt spray from a dead stop . just some info as for auto's like mine you can power torque them up to almost 3000 rpms then dump the brake and hit it from almost a dead stop ! ive done it a ton of times on manuals you cant ! this guy has a auto so maybe thats what he did ???? think and read before you slam somebody yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, January 08, 2007 3:16 PM
what i wrote and what i meant was wrong,next time ill be more specific and youre partially right i dont know alot about nitrous,hence what the whole purpose of this site is about,to learn,i can take smart comments and harsh critizism that doesn't bother me but i know enough about using nitrous and what it does to your engine,i wouldn't spend the money that i did on a n2o system without researching first,im just not a mechanic,and i dont know the correct way to describe the problems i was having to nitrous experts.You can drink alot of beer but that doesnt mean you know everything about beer does it?
i sprayed one time at the track but didnt do it from a dead dead stop that i know better than to do!thanks to anyone with Positive help or comments,to the rest of ya ill be down at Milan Dragway in Centerline,Mi. or the other myland track in Ypsilanti,Mi!!!! in the spring.,

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 4:19 AM

Quote:

how do you confuse that????????

Quote:

You can drink alot of beer but that doesnt mean you know everything about beer does it?

that is a terrible analogy

Quote:

think and read before you slam somebody yourself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i did read.... he didn't say i sprayed once tonight from a sorta dead stop........and i think thats why i came up with what i posted....

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 8:32 AM
yeah ok professor end of argument you win cheese,im not going to bicker with you like two old ladies ,i dont know where you live but this summer id love to race ya at a track,if thats your supercharger in the sig,,bring it and ill bring a turbo,fair?

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 10:25 AM
chesse cake you sure talk alot of trash for someone who has nothing ??? do you just hop from forum to forum and pick at people or do you actually help by answering anything ???? seems maybe you need to keep your mouth shutt unless you got something worth while to say . this forum i thought was to be used for helping people with questions . now if someone talks b/s by all means give them b/s back .

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 12:25 PM
i did help him i told him to use his @!#$ head......when he comes back saying his fuel puddled and the motor blew or he cracked the intake manifold im going to say i told you so................... what other forum do you see me hop from to talk @!#$... if there is a reason for help i will help but stupidity doesn't constitute a reason for help..

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 1:16 PM
short and simple,watch who the F*&@ your callin stupid,bring your a@@ and your 97 z or the 04 and come spring ill come to Wisconsin or whatever track you wanna run at or wherever you wanna meet,its an open challenge,instead of an analogy how about a simple statement Put up,or shutup! Im 31 yrs old, it figures that a 22 yr. old punk kid wouldnt know what respect is so i guess come spring well see whats up,bring it!

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 1:37 PM
oh my gawd he's got enough nos in there to blow himself up(or your motor)

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 2:12 PM
ill just run a 70 shot with the turbo atlow boost for ya

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 10:36 PM
Shawn Biggers (BIGGS) wrote:yeah ok professor end of argument you win cheese,im not going to bicker with you like two old ladies ,i dont know where you live but this summer id love to race ya at a track,if thats your supercharger in the sig,,bring it and ill bring a turbo,fair?

Okay....ignorant. The sig is advertising ECOTECFORUM. No way does that imply he's boosted.

Biggs wrote:chesse cake you sure talk alot of trash for someone who has nothing ??? do you just hop from forum to forum and pick at people or do you actually help by answering anything ???? seems maybe you need to keep your mouth shutt unless you got something worth while to say . this forum i thought was to be used for helping people with questions . now if someone talks b/s by all means give them b/s back .

First off: He's not talking trash.
Second: He has something.
Third: Freedom of speech.
Fourth: He did help you.
Fifth: Your sig sucks, at least he has one.

Biggs wrote:short and simple,watch who the F*&@ your callin stupid,bring your a@@ and your 97 z or the 04 and come spring ill come to Wisconsin or whatever track you wanna run at or wherever you wanna meet,its an open challenge,instead of an analogy how about a simple statement Put up,or shutup! Im 31 yrs old, it figures that a 22 yr. old punk kid wouldnt know what respect is so i guess come spring well see whats up,bring it!

Six: if you're gonna freaking swear.
Seven: You shut up.
Eight: Act thirty-one.
Nine: Use punctuation.
Ten: You sound like a 16yr old ricer.
Eleven: I'm faster than both of you.

Tuesday, January 09, 2007 10:38 PM
*edit Six: If you're gonna freaking swear, then freaking swear.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 1:19 AM
but your halo skills suck ?
Wednesday, January 10, 2007 1:50 AM
Oh captain my Captain?

Seriously, Admiral's right here, and so is cheesecake, I mean honestly what was in biggs' statement that allowed for any leway in what he said "sprayed from a dead stop" Well christ, a dead stop is a dead stop. I don't see why you're giving cheesecake @!#$ here, you're the one being more childish. Just the fact that you even call him on just his age shows how mature you are. Stop being a Bro.

I may not know as much about nitrous as some people should, but be reasonable. Cheesecake wasn't talking trash.. in fact, I'm not even gonna continue this post. Admiral said it all for me.

and I'm probably an equally @!#$ty halo player...

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 9:22 AM
for one ,Jamesn29 wrote the statement about Cheese talking trash, get your facts straight,two, there are many here that are faster than you and I both,three "use punctuation",sorry teacher,four, i don't care about sig's,five,Cheese helped as far as plugs,then proceeded to be a jagoff,six,age has nothing to do with being an arsehole,seven,why would i swear?,so i can get banned? Seven ,no YOU shutup,who's childish?Lastly im sure you started off as a ricer when you watched Fast and the Furious,im done with this forum.

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 11:39 AM
I'm expecting a lock. here pretty soon.

Problem solved I suppose?

Wednesday, January 10, 2007 1:35 PM
please lock this thread,im bored with it,im movin on,

Thursday, January 11, 2007 12:57 PM
lol this got good after i left... bring it on back...

Saturday, January 13, 2007 12:45 PM
what did Cake say that was soooo wrong? I agree with the guy and he said it a lot nicer than I would have. Everything he said was completely true. Seriously, any moron that has done any research on nitrous kits knows that they shouldn't spray from a dead stop. Hell, its not even recommended to spray under 3000 RPMs!!! That is a well known fact thats all over these forums. I agree, don't use the system again until you do some more research.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search