nitrous and alcohol? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
nitrous and alcohol?
Monday, February 21, 2005 2:08 PM
I was wondering if i can use a 35 shot of nitrous along with alcohol instead of fuel. I want to use it in a direct port setup with the Gm charger. I was hoping that the alcohol would substitute for the fuel and prevent a lean condition. the use of the alcohol would save me from buyiung a new fuel pump and injectors. Just wondering if anyone had done this or had any suggestions.

Re: nitrous and alcohol?
Monday, February 21, 2005 3:21 PM
I can already smell the flames!

With a 35 shot dry you don’t need new: fuel pump, injectors, direct port, or alcohol.

1. Your car won’t run on alcohol.
2. Your stock fuel system can handle 35 shot dry or wet.
3. If you have the GM charger you should already have upgraded injectors.

I suggest reading a few of the other posts in this forum. A number of people are running the GM charger with nitrous, they should be able to give you an idea of where to start.

Good luck

Jeff

If its worth doing its worth over doing.
Monday, February 21, 2005 3:33 PM
yeah but i want to run the nitrous and the alcohol and figured why not do the direct port into the supercharger manifold. You can buy the mixer nozzles for the wet kits so why not just run the alcohol in one side and the nitrous in the other. It was just a thought no meant to sound dumb. Also i have a 2.7 inch pulley and plan to run the 2.6 so i may need fuel upgrades.
Monday, February 21, 2005 6:15 PM
you need to have your car set up for alcohol. you cant just put alcohol in there. that would be bad

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, February 21, 2005 9:32 PM
Alcohol injection (along with normal gas) is a great way to lower temps and reduce knock. I would use an alcohol injection system though. If you use a wet nitrous kit and you have the GM S/C, then yes, you'd want to do a DP setup, but otherwise if you use a dry setup, for such a small shot, injecting it into the intake is more than alright.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, February 22, 2005 2:11 PM
what kind of a setup do you need to run alcohol. I have read about the kits before and it never mentioned anything about running a special setup. As far as the nitrous i can understand not going through the trouble of runnign direct port. Please elaborate on the alcohol setup though.
Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:06 PM
Are you talking about running pure alcohol (no gas)?

I'm talking about an alcohol misting system.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Wednesday, February 23, 2005 1:57 PM
yeah just alcohol misting too cool the egts a little and then nitrous to cool the charge and add a little power.
Sunday, February 18, 2007 3:19 PM
I know this thread is prehistoric, but I was wondering if anybody actually tried this yet. I really want to try running alky with n20, but nobody else seems to have any interest in it.

Monday, February 19, 2007 6:00 PM
im working on it currently

ASE Master Certified Automotive Technician

Monday, February 19, 2007 6:12 PM
If you wouldn't mind doing me a HUGE favor.....pretty pretty please let me know how it works. I wouldn't be able to try it until the end of the summer probably so you'll pry have it done long b4 that.

Saturday, February 24, 2007 4:12 PM
3 gal fuel cell in trunk for just the wet shot, I'm running 99.9 race alchole with 3 table spoons of marvel mistery oil added to mix.
NX express electric fuel pump pumbed to the fuel valve, with a toggle switch to turn iton only when I need it, regualted to 35psi.
Seprate 10lb nitrous tank (i'm runing 2 shots one wet one dry) regualted to 900psi, with a .050 Nitrous jet, and .033 fuel jet.

According to the scanner I'm running slightly on the rich side with both systems activated, which is right where I want it........and having 100 or so hp at the flick of a switch and the push of a button is really nice to have in close races : )

Having fun with the grocery getter.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search