How much nitrous can stock automatic handle? - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: How much nitrous can stock automatic handle?
Saturday, January 06, 2007 3:55 AM
he ran 100 and 125's for over 100 passes. I'm not sure on his times, but i think somebody said he broke 12's. Maybe it was just 13's but either way, it was faster then most then.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 7:57 AM
Rick King was a drunken old man who had no clue what he was talking about. I've talked with him many times, seemed like every time we talked he'd make up a new lie to tell me. His car was 100% stock in ever aspect except for a nitrous kit with a progressive controller and a chopped up hood with a big hood scoop rivited onto it.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile
Member of J-Body Of Michigan.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 8:09 AM
Skilz10179 wrote:Rick King was a drunken old man who had no clue what he was talking about. I've talked with him many times, seemed like every time we talked he'd make up a new lie to tell me. His car was 100% stock in ever aspect except for a nitrous kit with a progressive controller and a chopped up hood with a big hood scoop rivited onto it.

lol. well it sounds like you would know better then I. I was just going off of what has been said in the past. That is a little harsh tho.

Saturday, January 06, 2007 6:04 PM
ScrufDog FTMFW....auto or not

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Saturday, January 06, 2007 10:27 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:Rick King was a drunken old man who had no clue what he was talking about. I've talked with him many times, seemed like every time we talked he'd make up a new lie to tell me. His car was 100% stock in ever aspect except for a nitrous kit with a progressive controller and a chopped up hood with a big hood scoop rivited onto it.

gotcha. lol

|Forged 8.9:1 Wiseco Pistons|Forged Eagle Rods|HPTuners|60trim|Tial Wastegate|
|Precision Intercooler|2.5" Exhaust|2.5" Charge Pipes|630CC Mototron Injectors|
|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Sunday, January 07, 2007 2:34 PM
The fastest time I know of rick king on the 100 shot is 13.6. I've heard a bunch of different things from different people, but I've seen the timeslip that said 13.6, so that's what I'll stand behind. He torched his car when he installed the progressive controller on the 125 shot. He was running too large of a fuel jet and experienced extreme fuel puddling and the resulting boom and fire that destroyed the car. If I'm not mistaked, John Higgin's ended up buying that car for parts.
Monday, January 08, 2007 3:58 AM
Tranny will hold alot, its the engine you have to worry about. First time i went to the track with the nitrous my car had 28,000 miles and NO jets. I was a newbie to the nitrous and thought the fogger was the jet. So i was runnin a good 250ish shot. Just kept flooding and coudnt figure out why. Car would shut off have way down the 1/4 track and i was runnin 15.2-15.4 @60 lol. I had a 99 cavy 4spd with 2200OHV. So i went to the local tuning shop the next day looked it over and asked where are the jets, i said I DUNNO thought the fogger was the size of the jet. Techs couldnt believe the engine didnt pop. Plugs were shot though

99 cavy 2200 AUTO 14.884 @ 93.88 mph w/ a 1.920 60ft.

Civics are like tampons every pussy has one!

98 Neon R/T 15.2 @ 91mph W/a 2.4 60ft I HAVE i,h,e
see what next yr brings...
Wednesday, January 10, 2007 7:43 PM
Machzel08 wrote:I would PAY to see some idiot spray n2o into their tranny lol

x3245345345

deleted
Monday, January 29, 2007 1:55 PM
i cant believe people are still trying to have a fast automatic! let me guess your "friend" prolly tries to shift through the gears like a wanna be vin diesel too............sorry i just think that if you wanna drive an auto get a @!#$in buick if you wanna be like vin diesel with NAWS at least start out with a five speed................................sorry im drunk and just really hate people that try to act like a tuner with an auto
Monday, January 29, 2007 2:09 PM
Freak04 wrote:i cant believe people are still trying to have a fast automatic! let me guess your "friend" prolly tries to shift through the gears like a wanna be vin diesel too............sorry i just think that if you wanna drive an auto get a @!#$in buick if you wanna be like vin diesel with NAWS at least start out with a five speed................................sorry im drunk and just really hate people that try to act like a tuner with an auto

hahaha dont be an asshat autos can be fast

Monday, January 29, 2007 2:45 PM
what's wrong with an auto?and do you honestly think there are NO FAST AUTO guy's out there,your drunken state has obviously clouded your vision along with your thinking

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"

Monday, January 29, 2007 4:07 PM
Freak04 wrote:i cant believe people are still trying to have a fast automatic! let me guess your "friend" prolly tries to shift through the gears like a wanna be vin diesel too............sorry i just think that if you wanna drive an auto get a @!#$in buick if you wanna be like vin diesel with NAWS at least start out with a five speed................................sorry im drunk and just really hate people that try to act like a tuner with an auto

Werd, autos suck! I'm with you stupid drunken 20 year old kid! @!#$ Buicks, @!#$ vin diesel and @!#$ automatics!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, January 29, 2007 4:08 PM

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Monday, January 29, 2007 4:28 PM
Skilz10179 wrote:

Werd, autos suck! I'm with you stupid drunken 20 year old kid! @!#$ Buicks, @!#$ vin diesel and @!#$ automatics!

d4mn freak! y0ur $0 f4$7!

|Stock: Fuel Pump, Transmission, Manifold, TB, Head, Head Gasket, Ignition, Suspension...|
Sunday, February 04, 2007 12:55 AM
sorry i was an a s s h o l e
Sunday, February 04, 2007 9:12 AM
we all have our moments

Sunday, February 04, 2007 9:26 AM

its funny alot of people make the same arguement about 5-speeds, that anythign with a 5-speed is POS.... a real car has a 6-speed manual

different stroke for different folks

Sunday, February 04, 2007 9:44 AM
Acer wrote:we all have our moments

True, except all his posts are stupid.

- 93 mph in the 1/8 mile

Friday, February 09, 2007 9:28 PM
autos are great, they give you consistant times at the track and once you get serious hp prob ge you down there faster cause a computer will always shift faster then a human can... sorry buddy

but with a slower car manual is def alot funner
Sunday, February 11, 2007 8:53 PM
Alero not Grey wrote:autos are great, they give you consistant times at the track and once you get serious hp prob ge you down there faster cause a computer will always shift faster then a human can... sorry buddy

I actually disagree, i can shift just as fast as an auto cav can. if not faster when REALLY trying, im sure many people can.

Sunday, February 11, 2007 9:34 PM
right ,but are we talking a stock auto or one w/shiftplus,trans upgrades,etc.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Monday, February 12, 2007 10:00 PM
Darkstars wrote:

umm, y exactly does the kind of transmission u have justify whether u can know how to tune a car or not. That seems like kind of a dumb statement, my Z24 has an A/T in it and ive beaten many Z's with manuals, in order to have a fast manual you gotta have a fast shifter. And yes, given a person who knows how to shift good consistently, manuals do have theyre little "perks", but to say u cant have a fast auto is kind of closed minded dont ya think?

http://registry.gmenthusiast.com/images/bruski/thumbnail_personal_pic.jpg

Thursday, March 01, 2007 4:41 PM
hey dont dis on auto's some people have them and can't afford to swap or buy another car and autos are used a lot in bracket racing I seen them a lot when I used to work at my local 1/4 mile I saw way more auto's than manuals yes a 5spd is fun but I'm sure theres been or will be a day when your crusin around thing damn I don't feel like shifting!!!! even if only for a second!!! it will happen!! but don't dis on people for having autos after this summer I'll have a 2200 on either N20 or Boost and its a 3spd !! here is a cobalt that puts down a 1000hp out of a 2.2 eco with an auto trans!!!! and to top is off has numerous 9 second passes Cobalt

'99 2.2 OHV w/3spd auto (work in progress)

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2322134
Monday, March 05, 2007 6:35 AM
Vincent Morris wrote:
Alero not Grey wrote:autos are great, they give you consistant times at the track and once you get serious hp prob ge you down there faster cause a computer will always shift faster then a human can... sorry buddy

I actually disagree, i can shift just as fast as an auto cav can. if not faster when REALLY trying, im sure many people can.

So you can never miss a shift. Your good. Also an auto with a shift kit and a high stall converter, can shift pretty quick.

PRND321 Till I DIE
Old Motor: 160whp & 152ft/lbs, 1/4 Mile 15.4 @88.2
M45 + LD9 + 4T40-E, GO GO GO
Monday, March 05, 2007 2:34 PM
Vincent Morris wrote:

Yea, sure, but you can only do that so many times before the syncros go BOOOOOMMM!!!!!!

It's oh so cheesey!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search