What C/R should I run w/ LN2 an spray - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
What C/R should I run w/ LN2 an spray
Tuesday, April 17, 2007 10:09 AM
What compression ratio should I run on a LN2 (2200) with a 100 shot of spray? I will be using upgraded pistons and rods, p&p head, etc. Just wanted to know if it was safe to run a 10:1 C/R and then spray 100 shot.

Re: What C/R should I run w/ LN2 an spray
Tuesday, April 17, 2007 11:42 AM
10 should be fine. if you decide to go boost later you may have some issues tuning tho. n20 works very well with high compression na motors. your probably going to need something to tune your car after those mods tho.

Tuesday, April 17, 2007 1:21 PM
Going HPT, later

Friday, April 20, 2007 3:48 PM
Make sure you take out a bunch of timing with the high compression and N2O. Motors with a lot of N2O actually prefer lower compression (in the same aspects as boost at least).

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Monday, April 23, 2007 12:50 PM
OHV notec wrote:Make sure you take out a bunch of timing with the high compression and N2O. Motors with a lot of N2O actually prefer lower compression (in the same aspects as boost at least).

Wrong. Nitrous motors love compression, just increase the octane.

Built, bottled, ready for 11s. 14.446@93.74mph, 1.848 60' N/A.
Monday, April 23, 2007 3:03 PM
John Erb, KB Pistons wrote:The maximum performance engine with a heavy nitrous load must achieve peak cylinder pressure progressively further after TDC. The heavy load engine will have the fuel and oxygen mix to make high cylinder pressures, with the combustion chamber size being drastically increased due to the piston being on its way toward bottom dead center. The strongest engines have less compression ratio, less spark advance, and more nitrous.

John Erb, KB Pistons wrote:High compression ratios can be used with nitrous but shifting the maximum pressure after top dead center becomes more and more difficult. I prefer to use street compression ratios and then just work with adding more nitrous to get desired Hp levels.

quoted from Keith Black pistons tech article

With the right cams, yes, higher SCR (but nobody on this site is competant enough to process the required variables lol).

fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search