almost finished with the d/p - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
almost finished with the d/p
Friday, April 20, 2007 7:58 PM




hers some pics of my set up with the direct port i finally found some time to possibly finish it . sorry about the white stuff it needs a good cleaning lol!


13's or blowning it. wayhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/slowfire99/100_0463.jpg

Re: almost finished with the d/p
Friday, April 20, 2007 8:25 PM
looking good!



15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Re: almost finished with the d/p
Monday, April 23, 2007 9:07 AM
good setup... but why neon green?? doesnt look good at all in there man i could see maybe if your car was a green, or black even... but tan and green???





Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Monday, April 23, 2007 9:07 AM



Re: almost finished with the d/p
Monday, April 23, 2007 12:57 PM
well the car is actually gold but still i know the green i was at the store and i saw it and said why not its definitally different but trust it grows on you . a little more clean up and it should look good and finally be finished .


13's or blowning it. wayhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/slowfire99/100_0463.jpg
Re: almost finished with the d/p
Monday, April 23, 2007 3:07 PM
Are your nozzles 90-degrees to the runners? That's not good is it?



fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Re: almost finished with the d/p
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 1:47 PM
are those pics?

how can you tell theres miny




Re: almost finished with the d/p
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 5:34 PM
[quote=Drk]are those pics?

how can you tell theres miny

Click on each one to start with?
Re: almost finished with the d/p
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 6:01 AM
looks like fun, what are you planning on running?



Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Re: almost finished with the d/p
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 5:59 PM
imhopeing to start with a 100 shot and build up to a 150 . its just the little things that are causing problems i put the new eng in and it has a lifter ticking it sounds like so i need to take it back for that and i put a 2.3 t/b on and now its bogging so i dont know ??? lol! as far as the pics being miny just click on them and they should come up to full size .


13's or blowning it. wayhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/slowfire99/100_0463.jpg
Re: almost finished with the d/p
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 7:21 PM
looking awesome dude. can't wait to see your new numbers.



Re: almost finished with the d/p
Thursday, May 03, 2007 6:27 PM
i dont maen to get too of topic but thats the first time ive ever seen header wrap on an intake. whats up with that?
the nos setup looks good.

Re: almost finished with the d/p
Friday, May 04, 2007 5:35 AM
one i had some extra wrap and 2 the engine will heat up the intake in turn heating up the air . so the header wrap is keeping the air a little bit cooler i think . lol! but thanks for the comments .


13's or blowning it. wayhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/slowfire99/100_0463.jpg
Re: almost finished with the d/p
Sunday, June 10, 2007 7:50 PM
i remember another topic, somone stated that header wrap would actually hold in the hot air...


I donno, it looks good to me though.

just waitin' to see those times.


Thrice . wrote:

i think you should go back and try to actually order some cam valves. see if he has any in stock. then ask him to give you an actual price and show you the website or anything legit about where he orders from...for all you know he is this dumb, and orders things that don't exist....he's probably got 10 of those ebay transistors that gave him eleventy hundred pony power....what a douche.

Re: almost finished with the d/p
Sunday, June 10, 2007 11:36 PM
wont see times....hes selling the car I think







Re: almost finished with the d/p
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 8:00 AM
AJ wrote:

i remember another topic, somone stated that header wrap would actually hold in the hot air...
I donno, it looks good to me though.
just waitin' to see those times.
"Cooling" occurs across a temperature difference, and the second law of thermodynamics says that it always occurs from hot to cold (aka colder gets hotter, and hotter gets colder, never the other way around). So, the only way the header wrap would hold "hot " air in the intake is if the ambient air (which the intake drew) is hotter than the air around the pipe (which is ambient air that has been affected by engine operation). So the engine expelling heat can only make the surrounding air hotter...and adding thermal wrap can only help keep that heat out (keeping colder air cold).

Now, air which has just been expelled from a compressor is a different story, as it is hotter than ambient air, as well as the air affected by engine heat. That is the case in which thermal wrap would be a negative and would keep hot air in.



fortune cookie say:
better a delay than a disaster.
Re: almost finished with the d/p
Tuesday, June 12, 2007 7:56 PM
OHV notec wrote:

AJ wrote:

i remember another topic, somone stated that header wrap would actually hold in the hot air...
I donno, it looks good to me though.
just waitin' to see those times.
"Cooling" occurs across a temperature difference, and the second law of thermodynamics says that it always occurs from hot to cold (aka colder gets hotter, and hotter gets colder, never the other way around). So, the only way the header wrap would hold "hot " air in the intake is if the ambient air (which the intake drew) is hotter than the air around the pipe (which is ambient air that has been affected by engine operation). So the engine expelling heat can only make the surrounding air hotter...and adding thermal wrap can only help keep that heat out (keeping colder air cold).

Now, air which has just been expelled from a compressor is a different story, as it is hotter than ambient air, as well as the air affected by engine heat. That is the case in which thermal wrap would be a negative and would keep hot air in.


well, i learned somthing new today, thank you.

also, the farthest i got in college, was to the orientation... lol

i went straight into welding at a fab shop inburlington.... havent regretted it yet!


(wow, that was off topic)


Thrice . wrote:

i think you should go back and try to actually order some cam valves. see if he has any in stock. then ask him to give you an actual price and show you the website or anything legit about where he orders from...for all you know he is this dumb, and orders things that don't exist....he's probably got 10 of those ebay transistors that gave him eleventy hundred pony power....what a douche.

Re: almost finished with the d/p
Wednesday, June 13, 2007 6:43 PM
well the car is for sale i ran into a problem with the ex she wants more $$$$$$$$ , but we will see how things turn out . i finally did a compression test on the car . im suprised at how high it was .
cyl 195
cyl 198
cyl 195
cyl 196

now i put 9:1 comp pistons in it but with all the shaving and the thinner head gasket came to about 40 ths difference i was exspecting it to be in the 160 range not 190's

if it doesnt sell im going to maybe run it on the 1/8 track in a week or so and a friend said there is a performance shop with a dyno that just opened that giving 3 runs with a/f for 30.

the car is still only set up for a 100 shoot



im selling a few of the nitrous things ive got a nos remote bottle opener for sale for 50 ??? if anybody interested ???


13's or blowning it. wayhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/slowfire99/100_0463.jpg
Re: almost finished with the d/p
Thursday, June 14, 2007 6:07 AM
well I would probably be interesting in something but I would insist on seeing track sheets and a dyno run before I would even think about buying anything. Basically, I would rather you beat it and see how much fun it is to run before you get rid of everything.

Jesus man, even if its just one day, go balls out with it!

@!#$ the ex, you only live once!



Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Re: almost finished with the d/p
Friday, June 15, 2007 8:39 AM
could you pm me some kind of ballpark firgure your looking for?



Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search