New Install.. Couple questions.. - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
New Install.. Couple questions..
Monday, April 23, 2007 10:06 PM
I am a little concerned after I installed my nitrous kit yesterday, I had it all done except for the Nitrous in the botlle, I tapped my intake here the shark should be spraying into the TB, ran both soleniods, they both clicked when I hit WOT, and when the bottle was filled and I tighted it up and turned the bottle on and you could hear it open, so it seems like everything should be great. Well when I got the kit It has the 35 hp jets and I thought I would start with that, but after take off I arm the system in at about 3k RPM going along the road at like 50, and then when I mash down the pedal to engage, its feels a little different, and my buddy can tell, but I cant really tell it being any faster.

So basically, im hoping tomorrow ill install my Autolite 103s and fill up with some premie gas, and but bigger jets on, and maybe feel the difference then, I know its not gonna be like the movies where its all blurry, but i thought it would be quicker than what it was.

Also my other question is when do you on an average engage the system, or do you engage it when you are parked before you plan on using it, or when you are driving already, or when ? I have been reading N20 stuff all day for 3 days and I know when to use it between 2500-rev. limit. and not to let the car top out and not to do it before 2500 RPM so at the track I dont launch at WOT ? Or is there a way around it ?

Basically I just wanna know if your cars seem much faster with the a bigger shot than when you tried 35, and when you arm and when you engage that way I dont blow anything up.

I hope to hear from everyone soon, and so I can have some fun tomorrow

Re: New Install.. Couple questions..
Monday, April 23, 2007 11:58 PM
What was your bottle pressure siting at if it was low then then you won't get a good hit but if you had it 900-1000 u would of felt it kick in, Arm the kit when you get into second gear that way ur not spraying in first. And i wouldn't spray at 2500 wait at least till you are at 3k or above it.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:08 AM
the other part of this is that I have the A/F and Nitrous Guages, but im waiting on a Fuel Pressure and Triple Guage Pillar, so im not sure, It was just after I had it filled I tightened it up tight with my wrench, turned the bottle on, and then drove about a mile and then when I got on a long straight road, I tried to test it out and it was pulling harder a little bit, but I wasnt sure if I was in the right RPM Range or if my pressure was up, or what was going on, and I was told it had the 50 jets in it, so I was disappointed, but later on I was looking in the bag and found 41 and 24 in there so I know it was the 35. Does it buld pressure the longer that I have the bottle open ?

That gives me a good idea though, thank you.. I hope I get this figured out I wanna enjoy it like I know everyone else does, and if anyone is curious or if it matters its an NX EFI Stage 1 kit.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 4:25 AM
35 shot isn't gonna do much at all. You will feel it a lil bit but its not the flame throwing F&F shot. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Get some NGK TR6's (stage colder than stock) and put in at least a 50 shot. You have a wet kit so it shouldn't be a problem. ALWAYS run with premium gas if you think you are going to spray! Also make sure your bottle pressure is in the optimal running range 900-1200psi. A bottle warmer should help maintain this. It won't last long and the larger the shot, the shorter the life of the bottle.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:29 AM
What's up Jeff?Yes you def. need a bottle warmer,I have two heating pads that don't shutoff ran to an inverter that you can buy at Wal-Mart for $10,the pads surround the entire bottle instead of just part of it as a regular bottle heater would and heats up faster.Also NX has a nitrous mapping section for you to figure out your jet size for what shot you want.Autolite 103's are fine but NGKS' are better,and def. run prem. fuel when spraying.Also get that n2o pressure gauge hooked up asap,as said above you should be at 900 psi min. to really feel the effects.Post up some pics of the install.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 9:54 AM
Like BIGGSZ24 said u can spend few bucks and biuld your own bottle warmer or go with a name brand that will cost lill over 100. You can get NGK TR6's at napa or at any auto store, Run 89 octane and youll be fine, The way I heated my bottle first time i ran my car was we filled a tub with hot water and let the bottle sit in it for few minutes that should get the bottle pressure up for u to test it. Let us know how it turns out.

Good Luck
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:05 AM
so that may be why im not feeling it as much, the bottle is cold ? I guess that makes sense, I did new the plugs today and the 41/24 jets just to try 75, also before I did anything I filled up with 93 and tried at 75 to see if im really gonna notice a diffence, and it would plant you in the seat better, but didnt really seem like it just hits. so maybe it does just need warmed..

When I am wanting to use it can I be at WOT and then arm it and have it kick on, or should I arm it and then go WOT ?

As far as when I get my gauge pod I will have questions for hook up, I dont really know how it goes in, but just like the nitrous i will read up and figure it out, and check pressure. Also need to hook up my purge kit, but im not to sure on it yet either for instal, its attached the the solenoid, with two black wires and then I have the male hookup as on the bottle, so ill have to tee it off somewhere and install, so when I get bottle warmer, guages in, and purge set up I should be doing fine and ready for the track.

Also, pics should be up later today I have to find a cam to use first.. and sorry for the Nitrous Newb questions.. but i am one

Edited 2 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:29 AM

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:50 AM
As far as u running a 75 thats pushing it with 2.4 unless you have fuel upgrades and different plugs. Your stock clutch won't hold for long on the 75 shot. With your purge you should have gotten a manifold where u can run you main nitrous line and purge line, with this manifold should be hooked up to you nitrous selenoid.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:55 AM
What kind of manifold, I can get a 2.3 for really cheap, or are you talking about something else ? and I have an Auto, idk if that helps or not, i know in the NX book it says its recommended, but I can go put in 50 for more of a occasionl use and then like every month or so if I go to the dragstrip I can drop in the 75 ?

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 10:59 AM
Oh you have an auto ok well in that case u don't have to worry about burning up the clutch lol, This manifold comes with a purge kit Ill take a pic of it in my car.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 11:05 AM
There was a guy on here that had been doing a 100 shot for a couple years. Had quite a few bottles under his belt. I believe he had a stock motor.

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 11:35 AM
Yeah I remember that guy running a 100 shot he ran 13.3 on 1/4 with with exhaust, intake, and 100 shot.

Here are the pics of the manifold for the purge.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2609413/2

Pic number 7 from the top.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 11:43 AM
well I def. dont wanna go that big, but yeah, I think with the wet shot it would be ok, but is that using nitrous like, once or twice every couple days just having fun when my friends want to check it out, or is it something that I shouldnt use more than every once in a while, im looking to do fuel upgrades also, I want it to be safe with just a lil boost every once in a while since im practically in the country there are a lot of straight roads that are fun to drive on, I do plan on taking it to the track, but im afraid that if I use it too much ill blow something up no matter how safe the setup.

As far as pics go, I took them with my cell, and then went lower rez on PB.. lol so its not great, but here is my setup.

Guages

Trunk Setup and Bottle

Hook up

Switch

If anyone sees an issue that I need to take care, or that could be a hazard let me know, i think it turned out well. I know the Nozzle isnt on a flat surface, but the way we siliconed it in, and used the nut on it and attached it, it is VERY snug and not going anywhere. then the solenoids went on the Fire wall, along with relay, and I still need another guage so I can get a full Pillar Pod. I would like a Window Switch and Bottle Warmer soon prolly before I spray anything over 50.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:03 PM
Nice I like the setup, but there is one problem your nozzle is mounted way to close to the TB. You have to be 6-18 inches away from the tb so that nitrou has time to mix with air and fuel before it enters the engine.
Tuesday, April 24, 2007 12:14 PM
Thanks, well I must have misunderstood, I thought it said no farther than 6 inches from it, so thats whay I did it so close

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:03 PM
Almir is right mine is about 6 in. away now from the t.b.,mine is also on an angle after changing over to the 2.3 mani&t.b. It's a crappy pic

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Tuesday, April 24, 2007 2:04 PM

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 6:08 PM
try to pick yourself up a wideband air/fuel guage.. much better for tuning, despite the price

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 11:58 PM
Widebands are nice to have and yes they are spendy but they will save your ass from blowing your engine.
Wednesday, April 25, 2007 4:42 PM
IF YOU DONT HAVE ANYTHING IN MIND FOR A THIRD GAUGE I WOULD SAY VOLTAGE GAUGE NEVER HURTS. ESPECIALLY RUNNING AFTERMARKET AUDIO.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 9:15 AM
So did u get everything figured out.
Thursday, April 26, 2007 8:23 PM
yeah, everything was going good still someone I got a hole in my nitous line up by my strut bar, maybe I should have used toom so it didnt rub on anything ? Anyways, im gonna pick up a botte warmer, hook up purge kit, get a Volt or Fuel Pressure Guage, and a pod, and get this stuff done here in about a week, and then when I get it running ill let everone know how it turns out. I guess the lever on the WOT was broke off, so when I said it didnt seem like it was doing much, is becuase it waslt lol, im gonna run a 50 for now with my Autolite 103s and 93 octane, id prolly be safe with 75, but would rather get fuel upgrades first.

I appriciate all the help in this thread, and I will let everyone know how it turnes out, I just have to wait till next friday to order a new 16 foot Nitrous line and the other goodies.

Thursday, April 26, 2007 10:19 PM
Good luck bro and let us know how it works out

Thursday, April 26, 2007 11:44 PM
Good luck man if u have any more ? just ask.
Monday, April 30, 2007 11:11 AM
youll be good on a 75 shot stock on a 2.4, you wont need fuel upgrades the stock fuel pump can handle up to a 75 shot. you need to retard timing if you go for a 75 shot.

Monday, April 30, 2007 12:29 PM
I know the IAT relocation mod in the library is somewhat of a joke to some but I did this but still have it in my WAI location.Anyways I was wondering if the info on that mod is true as far as when you run the sensor down by your bumper that it retards timing three degrees,I'm going to run an 80 shot at the track.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search