what are you breaking???? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
what are you breaking????
Friday, April 20, 2007 3:52 PM
whats most commonly being broken with the bigger shots?

what supporting mods did you have with your larger shot. What fuel pressure was your car at with your shot?

Re: what are you breaking????
Sunday, April 22, 2007 2:02 PM
necks Its hilarious seeing the reactions of people at the track whenever my little econobox pulls up and wastes a beamer or something of the same. Right now I still only have my 75, waiting on an MSD & such before I push to the 100-125 range.... above that.... rings pistons & rods plus lots of fuel stuff

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Sunday, April 22, 2007 6:06 PM
i bured a hole in my one piston. then that set off a chain reaction of blowing the head gasket.
that was with over 200 passes down the 1/4 mile track. on a 75 shot

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, April 22, 2007 8:51 PM
CavyFreak442 wrote:necks Its hilarious seeing the reactions of people at the track whenever my little econobox pulls up and wastes a beamer or something of the same. /quote] yeah it is great nobody expects us. i love being about to run mustangs and afterwards they ask me what it has in it : D.......... im curently running an 80 shot. my friend (mostly a honda guy) want to know what was breaking once you turned the n20 up... what was the cause of the burnt piston? running too lean????

Sunday, April 22, 2007 9:22 PM
i think the motor just gave out finally. motor was high mileage. i was using nitrous just about every week at the local track. so something had to give sooner or later

Sunday, April 22, 2007 9:42 PM
what kinda fuel upgrades were you running??

Monday, April 23, 2007 6:10 AM
how big are you goin for? There could be a few reasons, one if you are running a dry shot is going lean. I would say get a nitrous window and a fuel pressure cut off. Those would be a good start, also try NGK tr6 plugs (stage colder than stock) and there was something else that just slipped my mind....... AH! Timing retard!

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Tuesday, May 01, 2007 2:13 PM
im running a wet shot. i have a wideband a/f to keep an eye on things as far as a/f....... i just got an msd dis to im going to be installing sunday. im prob going to run 110 or somewhere around there. they say at 125 you need rods,pistons etc. why is this? what is failing inside the motor?

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 6:05 PM
BlackCav04 wrote:what kinda fuel upgrades were you running??

i ran premium feul and up the feul jet for the shot. thats it
and also had NGK tr6 plugs

Tuesday, May 01, 2007 6:40 PM
i broke a upper motor mount on a 75 shot

Wednesday, May 02, 2007 10:15 PM
Its not that things are starting to fail, its that more N2O you run the more chance you have of detonating and theres way more cylinder pressures.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2090440

Thursday, May 03, 2007 8:49 PM
ok with more cylinder pressure your probably blowing head gaskets??? why not use a cometic head gasket and some arp head studs??????

Friday, May 04, 2007 9:04 PM
acording to gm book 75 with stock rods and pistons
with forged pistons and rods you can use a bigger shot
Friday, May 04, 2007 9:19 PM
Ringlands

And

Friday, May 04, 2007 10:39 PM
JUCNBST. was that a wet shot or dry?

Friday, May 04, 2007 10:43 PM
75 shot wet with not igntion timing pulled.....if you search for some of my other posts you will find more details.. But I never used the nitorus in moderation...burnouts, merging on the highway, messing with random cars you name it I was stupid enough to do it...so I had it coming eventually.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007 10:41 PM
JUCNBST wrote:Ringlands

And

+1 thats what gave out in mine

"dude, thats a girls car"
PSHHHTTT NOT ANY MORE!!!!!!!
Wednesday, May 09, 2007 11:44 AM
prolly wouldnt have happened if you were pulling the timing, ill never go over 50 without timing.

Thursday, May 10, 2007 10:51 AM
Yea I know Drake but....I wanted to go faster so I put timing back in and it worked for a few bottles...........
then came the expensive noises. Not only did I learn from it but I had fun, and I can pull an ohv motor pretty quick since I've done it a few times now..lol

Tuesday, May 29, 2007 7:02 PM
Transmissions

It's oh so cheesey!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search