ECOTEC Nitrous - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ECOTEC Nitrous
Sunday, March 25, 2007 2:46 PM
What is the maximum shot the ecotec stock bottom end can handle? My friends Z24 runs the track every weekend pass after pass on an 80 shot, and he hasn't blown his engine yet. I was wondering if an ecotec can do that.

Re: ECOTEC Nitrous
Sunday, March 25, 2007 8:48 PM
i've been runnin 75 for a good bit now and no problems yet... I've seen eco's up to I think 125 shots (correct me if i'm wrong) Darkstars had his pretty high up there at one point... at least 100.. I think 125 is cutoff before u need to get new pistons & rods... I know 100 is possible without huge mods

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Monday, March 26, 2007 2:47 AM
100 is possible but only for on off use, I personally wouldn't use it regularly until you build up the engine an bit. I think most of us use a 75 shot and it gets the job done quite well

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Monday, March 26, 2007 12:17 PM
so how long would the engine last if you ran a 50 or 75 shot....or how bad will it f*ck up you engine?

Monday, March 26, 2007 12:25 PM
Pierce Maclean wrote:so how long would the engine last if you ran a 50 or 75 shot....or how bad will it f*ck up you engine?

depends on how much you use it. i got over 200 track passes until i burned a whole in the one piston

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, March 26, 2007 1:32 PM
I've only gone through 2 bottles but no problems yet

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Monday, March 26, 2007 4:32 PM
Thanks guys. What kind of 1/4 mile times am I looking at with a 75 shot? So far the only mods i have yet are a cold air intake, and im having a custom header and exhaust fabbed right now. My next mods are my fuel cell and external fuel system, and then my Haltech EMS. its good having a friend that will give me 20% off parts. If anybody needs anything let me know and ill see if he can get them for a good rate.
Monday, March 26, 2007 8:21 PM
Street tires & an open differential my best is a 14.2

I have:

Warm air intake
short throw shifter
lower engine mount
75 shot NX wet kit

Full interior... even the spare.. and still spinnin a little off the line. Once I get my Drag radials... 13's are comin

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Tuesday, May 08, 2007 5:22 PM
I ran a lot of nitrous, it was a 75 wet NX, when I say a lot, I mean A LOT. This was my end result.

So the advice I have to give, spray carefully and learn as much as you can. I didn't and it cost me a motor.

---------------------------------------------------
4 Cams...32 Valves...5 Liters...This Could Get Fun!

Monday, May 14, 2007 1:44 PM
Blue 04 TRD (XLS2K4) wrote:I ran a lot of nitrous, it was a 75 wet NX, when I say a lot, I mean A LOT. This was my end result.

So the advice I have to give, spray carefully and learn as much as you can. I didn't and it cost me a motor.

hahahahaha i remember you ive met you before and so far every thread ive looked at with nitrous and the ecotec has had that picture

Monday, May 14, 2007 3:58 PM
im curently running an 85 shot porbably about 10 bottles now. now problem. best time is 14.2 @97mph AUTOMATIC(14.2 WAS ON 75 SHOT)

Monday, May 14, 2007 9:43 PM
Quote:

hahahahaha i remember you ive met you before and so far every thread ive looked at with nitrous and the ecotec has had that picture

It wasn't funny at the time, and I don't think it'd be funny for someone else if they did it. But looking back I was way to overconfident about something I didn't know that much about. Still don't know too much about nitrous, but it's worth giving what little knowledge I've got to those who don't know. It's kind of a warning as to what can happen if you don't know what you're doing.

Thursday, May 17, 2007 4:31 AM
Blue 04 TRD (XLS2K4) wrote:
Quote:

It wasn't funny at the time, and I don't think it'd be funny for someone else if they did it. But looking back I was way to overconfident about something I didn't know that much about. Still don't know too much about nitrous, but it's worth giving what little knowledge I've got to those who don't know. It's kind of a warning as to what can happen if you don't know what you're doing.

im not laughing at thet im laughing at the fact that i have met you before and its good to share your knowledge and help people out

Friday, May 18, 2007 3:27 PM
Quote:

i have met you before

When, can't say that I remember you. I'm sorry.

Saturday, May 19, 2007 9:53 AM
I've ran 3 or 4 bottles on a 75 shot with no trouble. No times.. only on the street.

------------------------------------------------------------

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search