can my 2.2ecotec 2005 sunfire handle nos? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
can my 2.2ecotec 2005 sunfire handle nos?
Friday, March 21, 2008 11:53 AM
i have a 2.2ecotec engine with everything stock but with a AEM intake so can i get nos?

Re: can my 2.2ecotec 2005 sunfire handle nos?
Friday, March 21, 2008 12:37 PM
i hate when people say nos. NOS is a brand nitrous oxide systems. when you say nos it just makes me think about how horrible the movie fast and the furious was. lol.

take a peak at that sticky up top. i just read it. it has all you need to know about NITROUS for your car.
Friday, March 21, 2008 1:47 PM
No--it'll blow up

Friday, March 21, 2008 2:13 PM
get a fmic, bov, cai, and some nozzz. you should be all set.
Saturday, March 22, 2008 6:46 PM
jonathan masiel wrote:i have a 2.2ecotec engine with everything stock but with a AEM intake so can i get nos?

yes your engine can handle some nitrous as long as its within reason of course. I think you could run a 35 shot dry and be safe as long as you check your fuel pressure to check you get sufficient flow. I am currently running a 35 dry shot but just installed an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to run a bigger shot, maybe a 50 shot. The concept of nitrous is the more air the more fuel, so if you shoot a big enough shot of nitrous you will need to get something to spray fuel on top of that. If your a newbie to nitrous then a wet kit is what you will want, also like stated check the sticky above and it should give you a good idea of what to do. Also if thats not enough then the internet is your friend to doing some research!

Sunday, March 23, 2008 10:16 AM
yeah 150 shot
Friday, March 28, 2008 1:17 PM
for one dont run dry....

if your going to get nitrous, get a wet kit.

im still on the fence about juicing mine, just cause i dont want it to blow...

Sunday, March 30, 2008 8:14 PM
DrAkE wrote:for one dont run dry....

if your going to get nitrous, get a wet kit.

im still on the fence about juicing mine, just cause i dont want it to blow...

who says that an engine will blow with a controlled supply of nitrous? also why would you not run a dry kit, i have one and have been running it successfully for almost a year now. Ive put four full bottles of nitrous through my car and its still running like a champ! as long as you know what you are doing and keep the fuel to nitrous levels in tandem then your golden.

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:09 AM
because the increased risk of detonation if the fuel pressure isnt set correctly...

witht the wet kit you dont have to worry about fuel pressure since the fuel is sprayed witht the nitrous = less chance of detonation...

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 12:05 PM
but yet i specifically explained the concept of more nitrous=more fuel concept in one of my posts! a dry shot is completely safe, as long as you keep the fuel up. easy concept and common sense would get you an efficient dry kit!

Monday, April 07, 2008 10:44 AM
i still say wet is the way to go... but different strokes for different folks

Monday, April 07, 2008 9:41 PM
i guess for newbies wet would give them less risk, but i think with something as picky as nitrous then you really shouldn't get your feet wet unless alot of research is done. anyway like you said to each his own, but happy spraying to OP if you decide to do it.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search