Hydrogen Injection? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Hydrogen Injection?
Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:14 AM
Alright I'm not a noob to the automotive game however i heard something weird today about hydrogen injection system that introduces hydrogen gas into the intake stream then going into the engine for combustion. Using electrolysis it takes a normal jar of water and converts the water into O2 and H2 therefore making them both released into the intake stream. I find this hard to believe but is there any truth to this or is this another hoax?

Drive Fast Take Chances
http://billstclair.com/blog/images/fukitol.jpg

Re: Hydrogen Injection?
Thursday, July 17, 2008 10:34 AM
Ive heard of this as well as currently im in the alternative fuels class at my school. there are many differant companys that sell differant systems, somebody in my class bought one for like $900 dollars and installed it on his car. said he got like 3mpg better but could of just been him driving differantly. I personally think its b/s but is possible, from what I have seen not a very large amount of water doesnt produce that much hydrogen atleast to run a car or make a big differance. I personally would look into a propane injection system as the tanks are not that big and you get to take the advantage of the higher octane or use it as a nitrous and inject it when the boost kicks in.
Thursday, July 17, 2008 3:36 PM
Alex Currington wrote:Ive heard of this as well as currently im in the alternative fuels class at my school. there are many differant companys that sell differant systems, somebody in my class bought one for like $900 dollars and installed it on his car. said he got like 3mpg better but could of just been him driving differantly. I personally think its b/s but is possible, from what I have seen not a very large amount of water doesnt produce that much hydrogen atleast to run a car or make a big differance. I personally would look into a propane injection system as the tanks are not that big and you get to take the advantage of the higher octane or use it as a nitrous and inject it when the boost kicks in.

wow he got ripped, but there is or was a forum on this in performance. Diesels go with propane injection and it seems to be working wonders for them!

Thursday, July 17, 2008 3:52 PM
do you know john piparo?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
- Sold my beloved J in April 2010 -
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 7:33 PM
It is easy to go to hydrogen you don't even have to do anything to the engine just change the fuel reg. and lines and mount up a hi psi tank and there you have it. Runs bout the same. All its been tested for is to replace gas
Friday, July 25, 2008 1:48 PM
HOAX!!!

sig not found
Thursday, July 31, 2008 7:08 PM
anyone else?

Drive Fast Take Chances
http://billstclair.com/blog/images/fukitol.jpg
Friday, August 01, 2008 9:17 PM
I think those systems are a waste of time. I base my opinion on three things:
1) The hydrogen that can be extracted from a practical-to-carry amount of water is not going to provide enough energy for a useful effect in an automobile. It simply doesn't have enough potential to justify moving around its own weight.
2) Electrolysis can consume a significant amount of electrical energy, especially if you expect to perform it quickly enough to produce hydrogen on demand. This energy is developed either by the car electrical system, which draws on engine power and eats into the hydrogen benefit, or by separate storage batteries that add to the vehicle weight and eat into the hydrogen benefit.
3) Mythbusters had some coverage on this topic, and it didn't work out well for them either.

Shop Manuals, Brochures:www.kenmcgeeautobooks.com
Sunday, August 17, 2008 1:10 PM
Hoax, 100%. Your engine is not set up to burn hydrogen.

The space shuttle uses liquid oxygen and hydrogen... do you have a rocket engine strapped to the back of your Cavalier? I hope not.

Wednesday, November 05, 2008 1:03 PM
I have to agree. Hydrogen injection is a waste. Now if you have a turbo setup, you would benifit with a meth injection kit. You can also use water in it as well. I have one on a 07 F350 Turbo Diesel with a banks programmer, exhaust stacks and it puts me back in the seat. I am planning on putting one on my sunfire after my turbo install.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search