Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice?? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Thursday, December 27, 2007 4:30 AM
like topic title states, would it be safe to use a 50-75 shot on a eco engine with 36,000 miles on it. wet shot of course




Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Thursday, December 27, 2007 12:45 PM
yes its fine to use. just check your spark plugs and afr and your good to go
Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Thursday, December 27, 2007 1:34 PM
Check your fuel pressure first, then get new spark plugs. Look at the sticky at the top, has all the info you will need.
Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Thursday, December 27, 2007 1:39 PM
i know all about that stuf. i was mainly wanting to see if anyone else here has done it... and if they were having any issues.



Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Friday, December 28, 2007 2:35 PM
Been there... done that...

took my kit off temporarily... but thats only to make way for a few changes... then its goin right back on! No issues to date aside from a few fuel leaks from shoddy threading compounds... but that was my dumb azz fault =P


http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Friday, December 28, 2007 4:33 PM
how many bottle have you ran? what size shot?



Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Saturday, December 29, 2007 9:35 PM
DrAkE wrote:

like topic title states, would it be safe to use a 50-75 shot on a eco engine with 36,000 miles on it. wet shot of course


I have been running a 75-80 with only about 3 bottles thru an LD9 but as far as being "safe",I guess it depends alot on the condition of the motor,mileage,etc;.If you want to run nitrous on a continual basis on the Eco then I would build the bottom end,get the MSD DIS2,fuel pressure gauge,and maybe a wideband as well.I don't know alot about the Eco but if you want to see the negatives about running N20 on a continous basis then look up the thread in this forum that Skunk(Curt) had which showed what happened to his motor.IMO forget the nitrous and boost the motor,boost never has to be re-filled.



15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Monday, December 31, 2007 7:46 AM
i think well just juice, so i still have gas mileage when not being used. and i wont be spraying alot since this isnt a drag car. just for daily driving (passing on interstate.) safe use of course, but just wont be spraying alot



Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Monday, December 31, 2007 9:59 AM
Honestly...

It's always a gamble when you juice or boost your daily driver. My honest advice is if you don't have a 2nd car and can't afford the down-time of having to fix a major problem on this one, maybe spray isn't your best bet.

To answer your question, though, you can DEFINITELY spray a wet/dry 50 shot all day long on your motor with pretty much no other mods. Keep in conservative at first, esp. since this is your only car.






Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Tuesday, January 01, 2008 5:52 AM
yeah i only planned a 50-75 shot anyway. im not wanting anything glorifying just something fun.



Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Thursday, January 03, 2008 9:08 AM
I had a 50 dry shot on my car for about an hour then changed it to a 70 LOL. Ran probably ten bottes or so through it then put on a header and had to change to a wet kit. Didnt really run it much after that,just decided not to race the car anymore. Never had any problems though




Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Friday, January 04, 2008 7:43 PM
what did you guys do for maintenance



Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Saturday, January 05, 2008 6:25 PM
I have had 3 different bottles on my car and never had any problems. I ran from 75-85 shot on mine dry. The kit has been off for about 8 months now and I have 66,000 miles on my 04 still running strong only things I have replaced were clutch issues. I probably ran anywhere from 25+ bottles
Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Monday, January 07, 2008 6:27 PM
a 50 shot you will be fine.

a 75 shot the motor will handle just fine but fuel puddling in the intake manifold may be a problem. Its not real common on a 75 shot but be aware that it is a posibility and it has happened on 75 shot. I've never heard of it happening on a 50 shot though. Also invest in the extra safety items, rpm window switch, full throttle switch, fuel pressure cut off switch, bottle warmer etc.. and run premium. All that with a 50 shot you will be completely safe and your system will be idiot proof.



Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:08 PM
Remember darkstars.... anytime we idiot proof the things we do..... the world just makes a better idiot... LOL... =D


http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Wednesday, May 28, 2008 7:28 AM
i'm installing a 50 dry shot next summer gathering parts for now, started with pacesetter exhaust, headers, zex dry shot kit (thinkin 50), 15'motegi's, custom c.a.i.

looking for spark plugs and ideas on other "safety" items i shold invest in for a safe daily driver with a 50 shot

msd worth it? pulley worth it?

clutch worth it? bottle warmer worth it?

nitrous purge kit worth it?

should i mod any of the internals?

thanks for the input.
Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Sunday, June 01, 2008 7:59 AM
you wont need the clutch, the purge kit is pretty much for fun. bottle warmer definitely, if you do any internals, get forged pistons/rods and you will be fine.

colder plugs, premium fuel and a wideband will be your best friends.
Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Sunday, June 01, 2008 5:44 PM
Mo Joe wrote:

i'm installing a 50 dry shot next summer gathering parts for now, started with pacesetter exhaust, headers, zex dry shot kit (thinkin 50), 15'motegi's, custom c.a.i.

looking for spark plugs and ideas on other "safety" items i shold invest in for a safe daily driver with a 50 shot

msd worth it? pulley worth it?

clutch worth it? bottle warmer worth it?

nitrous purge kit worth it?

should i mod any of the internals?

thanks for the input.


On the plugs go with something 1 or 2 steps colder than factory and also absolutely no platinum with nitrous.
MSD is up to you, definitely a good mod if you plan on furthering the mods with your car
Pulley not necessary but a nice mod
Clutch not necessary, but a nice mod
Bottle Warmer is imperative to get the proper pressure to spray at, usually you want to be between 950 and 1050psi.
Nitrous purge, You can live without it but it sure is nice to have.
No internals needed if your gonna stay pretty conservative on the spray, also you gotta think if you do internals you gotta start pulling the head or the whole engine out. But it never hurt anyone.





Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Monday, June 02, 2008 7:41 AM
Luis Marroquin wrote:

Mo Joe wrote:

i'm installing a 50 dry shot next summer gathering parts for now, started with pacesetter exhaust, headers, zex dry shot kit (thinkin 50), 15'motegi's, custom c.a.i.

looking for spark plugs and ideas on other "safety" items i shold invest in for a safe daily driver with a 50 shot

msd worth it? pulley worth it?

clutch worth it? bottle warmer worth it?

nitrous purge kit worth it?

should i mod any of the internals?

thanks for the input.


On the plugs go with something 1 or 2 steps colder than factory and also absolutely no platinum with nitrous.
MSD is up to you, definitely a good mod if you plan on furthering the mods with your car
Pulley not necessary but a nice mod
Clutch not necessary, but a nice mod
Bottle Warmer is imperative to get the proper pressure to spray at, usually you want to be between 950 and 1050psi.
Nitrous purge, You can live without it but it sure is nice to have.
No internals needed if your gonna stay pretty conservative on the spray, also you gotta think if you do internals you gotta start pulling the head or the whole engine out. But it never hurt anyone.



x2 on the platinum part
Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Wednesday, August 06, 2008 5:51 PM
im 2 thinking about spraying my 04 sun.what would be a good kit to get?i only have a intake and cat back exhaust
Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Wednesday, August 06, 2008 5:54 PM
I spray on my DD ecotec



Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!

Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Thursday, August 14, 2008 9:19 PM
surprised to see this topic still alive

but yeah still planning on nitrous....



Re: Daily Driver ECO. safe to use juice??
Monday, September 01, 2008 4:50 PM
nitrous is never completely safe on ANY stock engine



1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85





Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search