wet or dry??? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
wet or dry???
Wednesday, October 08, 2008 2:27 AM
which one is better. i mean in safety for the motor and in power

13.1 @ 115

Re: wet or dry???
Wednesday, October 08, 2008 11:57 PM
wet

watch for flying sparks!!!
Thursday, October 09, 2008 3:06 AM
it's all preference....I'd go wet personally so your adding your own fuel not relying on the stock fuel injectors.

Thursday, October 09, 2008 9:43 AM
Taken from the FAQ at the top of the page....

Q. What are the differences between a dry nozzle and a wet nozzle?
A. The "dry" system uses the factory fuel injection to enrich the nitrous introduced into the engine. The flaw with this technology is that no matter how much nitrous arrives at a certain intake port it always gets the same preset amount of fuel, or if a fuel injector becomes clogged engine damage will result. The "Wet" technology introduces a precise amount of fuel and nitrous through a high tech mixing nozzle that atomizes the fuel to microscopic proportions. This allows every cylinder to receive a precise, homogenous mixture of fuel and nitrous, thus insuring a safe, powerful increase.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Thursday, October 09, 2008 8:39 PM
A Supercharger.......

But IDN, I ran dry because of its simplicity.... i was going to do direct port wet.. never got around to it.

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Friday, October 10, 2008 12:31 AM
You are going to be better of getting a wet kit. On my Mustang, I have injectors that can handle the extra load, and a very specific seperate tune to run my dry shot. If I were doing it over again, I would save the trouble and go wet. Like the FAQ states, it adds the amount of fuel that it needs no matter what. If you go with a dry kit and something goes wrong with the fuel supply, you are still shooting the same amount of nitrous in, there is no safety feature to save you from a clogged injector.

ALSO, some people just get a $500 kit and think they are good to go with an extra 50-150 horsepower. WRONG. DO NOT cheap out on safety equipment. You DO need a window switch, you DO need WOT switch. Running it off a push button for the Fast And Furious or Gone in 60 seconds feel is the dumb way to do it. You are not a flawless machine. You are not computer programed, you are not custom tuned. You can and will make mistakes. Do not trust your thumb to do the job that a WOT switch and Window switch are made to do.

On the other hand....you have other fingers.

In my family we teach that boys have a God-stick and girls have a Shame Cave. -John Stewart
Friday, October 10, 2008 11:54 AM
yea thats wat i have it set on and i have 400cc injectors. and yea i need a tune bad but cant find anyone around me that will do it

13.1 @ 115
Friday, October 10, 2008 12:54 PM
DJ MIKE BARR wrote:yea thats wat i have it set on and i have 400cc injectors. and yea i need a tune bad but cant find anyone around me that will do it

So you drive your car around everyday with 400cc injectors, boy that sounds like fun. Just get a wet kit and run stock or close to stock injectors. There is no need for you to have bigger injectors unless you are boosted or have changed your camshaft profile.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Sunday, October 12, 2008 2:47 PM
secret cams are sitting at my buddys and the car was built to be boosted but i havent had the chance. and its great fun watching your gas gauge drop while driving

13.1 @ 115
Sunday, October 12, 2008 3:43 PM
Re tune it.... if your going to spray it, crank the FPR up!

Chris

'02 Z-24 Supercharged
13.7 @102.45 MPH Third Place, 2007 GMSC Bash SOLD AS OF 01MAR08

Sunday, October 12, 2008 7:36 PM
i cant find a shop around me that will tune it for me cause i have no clue how to do it. my buddy tuned my msd dis-2

13.1 @ 115

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search