newb to the bottle - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
newb to the bottle
Thursday, October 16, 2008 4:02 PM
ok so am i going out on a limb here or not, im assuming as far as for a daily driver it would be safer to use a dry kit? i was just thinkin this becuz of nitrous backfire and other apparent reasons of running lean/rich?and what should i run on a stock daily driver for a dry kit? 35 shot? is a bottle heater necessary with such a small shot?

Re: newb to the bottle
Thursday, October 16, 2008 6:55 PM
yeah.. you need nitrous.

you have a total sleeper. newer 5spd grand am se!!!!



In the end, we're all just chalk lines on the concrete.. drawn only to be washed away.
Re: newb to the bottle
Friday, October 17, 2008 9:33 AM
Why bother?



Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Re: newb to the bottle
Friday, October 17, 2008 9:48 AM
Get rid of your "OBX throttle body spacer" and "tornado fuel economy diverter" before anything.





Re: newb to the bottle
Monday, October 20, 2008 9:44 PM
yes a heater is imperative to spray any shot of nitrous. Your bottle needs to be at approximately 900-1100 psi to have a proper shot. Also i would recommend a WOT switch and maybe an rpm switch and a fuel pressure cut off switch. also your nozzle needs to be at least 6 inches from your throttle body. if i were you, since your a newb to N2O , i would get a zex wet kit because its very user friendly. thats all i can think of right now





Re: newb to the bottle
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:11 PM
rkm1989 wrote:

Get rid of your "OBX throttle body spacer" and "tornado fuel economy diverter" before anything.

yeh i know, when i first got the car i had no idea about anything...lol...but im slowly getting it...I'm planning on putting the gdam on the bottle, and then im going to pick up a 3000gt vr4 twin turbo's awd..cant beat it...
Re: newb to the bottle
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:13 PM
JoeyDaBomb wrote:

Why bother?

why not? best gain for your money...i want to turbo it, but seems like its alot more difficult...and I would have to find someone to do the install for me since i never have time anymore
Re: newb to the bottle
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:14 PM
Luis Marroquin wrote:

yes a heater is imperative to spray any shot of nitrous. Your bottle needs to be at approximately 900-1100 psi to have a proper shot. Also i would recommend a WOT switch and maybe an rpm switch and a fuel pressure cut off switch. also your nozzle needs to be at least 6 inches from your throttle body. if i were you, since your a newb to N2O , i would get a zex wet kit because its very user friendly. thats all i can think of right now


the only reason i was leaning towards a dry kit is because I've read that wet kits are more susceptable to cause damage...and im a newb to it, so i want the easiest install possible
Re: newb to the bottle
Wednesday, October 22, 2008 3:20 PM
John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith wrote:

rkm1989 wrote:

Get rid of your "OBX throttle body spacer" and "tornado fuel economy diverter" before anything.

yeh i know, when i first got the car i had no idea about anything...lol...but im slowly getting it...I'm planning on putting the gdam on the bottle, and then im going to pick up a 3000gt vr4 twin turbo's awd..cant beat it...


Youre going to get a Vr4 you say? Have fun trying to keep that thing running. VERY expensive if something goes wrong, and chances are something will go wrong.


Re: newb to the bottle
Thursday, October 23, 2008 6:16 AM
Best boost for your money. Till you cook your pistons, pit your cylinders, blow your valves, fry your gaskets, and pop the welds on your intake manifold. Then you'll be looking at $1500 and alot of junk yard shopping to find an ecotec. Woooo! Lots of fun to spray right?!??!
Roflobsters.


There's a thin line to be crossed, when the upgrades to your vehicle increase your chance to get tickets by an amount exponential enough to stop worrying and build the fastest, loudest car you can.
Re: newb to the bottle
Thursday, October 23, 2008 7:49 AM
98_JB-OvERT wrote:

Best boost for your money. Till you cook your pistons, pit your cylinders, blow your valves, fry your gaskets, and pop the welds on your intake manifold. Then you'll be looking at $1500 and alot of junk yard shopping to find an ecotec. Woooo! Lots of fun to spray right?!??!
Roflobsters.



At least then he could build the blown motor the right way right?No seriously,if your planning on getting the Vr4,why bother dumping any cash into the cav?If you keep the cav or still want n2o,then go with a simple wet kit and spray a small shot,read all the FAQ's on this site and don't always listen to the every person that gives advice on nitrous



15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"

Re: newb to the bottle
Thursday, October 23, 2008 8:59 AM
Caso60 wrote:

John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith wrote:

rkm1989 wrote:

Get rid of your "OBX throttle body spacer" and "tornado fuel economy diverter" before anything.

yeh i know, when i first got the car i had no idea about anything...lol...but im slowly getting it...I'm planning on putting the gdam on the bottle, and then im going to pick up a 3000gt vr4 twin turbo's awd..cant beat it...


Youre going to get a Vr4 you say? Have fun trying to keep that thing running. VERY expensive if something goes wrong, and chances are something will go wrong.


its the 1st gen, they dont have near as many problems as the 2nd gens do
Re: newb to the bottle
Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:00 AM
98_JB-OvERT wrote:

Best boost for your money. Till you cook your pistons, pit your cylinders, blow your valves, fry your gaskets, and pop the welds on your intake manifold. Then you'll be looking at $1500 and alot of junk yard shopping to find an ecotec. Woooo! Lots of fun to spray right?!??!
Roflobsters.


hey man you live and you learn...@!#$ happens...
Re: newb to the bottle
Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:02 AM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:

98_JB-OvERT wrote:

Best boost for your money. Till you cook your pistons, pit your cylinders, blow your valves, fry your gaskets, and pop the welds on your intake manifold. Then you'll be looking at $1500 and alot of junk yard shopping to find an ecotec. Woooo! Lots of fun to spray right?!??!
Roflobsters.



At least then he could build the blown motor the right way right?No seriously,if your planning on getting the Vr4,why bother dumping any cash into the cav?If you keep the cav or still want n2o,then go with a simple wet kit and spray a small shot,read all the FAQ's on this site and don't always listen to the every person that gives advice on nitrous


well im not 100% sure if im getting the vr4, it all depends on how much i can get knocked off the price...
Re: newb to the bottle
Thursday, October 23, 2008 12:04 PM
haha, so living and learning means it's cool to fry a perfectly good motor for no other reason except to learn that it won't work? =P
I don't know that fire is hot so I'll stick my hand in it to make sure.
JK, do what you want man, your money, your car.


There's a thin line to be crossed, when the upgrades to your vehicle increase your chance to get tickets by an amount exponential enough to stop worrying and build the fastest, loudest car you can.
Re: newb to the bottle
Thursday, October 23, 2008 2:27 PM
Please do not listen to ^^^^,especially when their future list of mods includes :

* In order to be completed:
* Muffler removal
* magnaflow resonater
* aem cold air intake
* comp blower cams
* five spokes of some kind (wanna sell some?)
* back seat removal
* roll cage *sigh*




15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Re: newb to the bottle
Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:45 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:

Please do not listen to ^^^^,especially when their future list of mods includes :

* In order to be completed:
* Muffler removal
* magnaflow resonater
* aem cold air intake
* comp blower cams
* five spokes of some kind (wanna sell some?)
* back seat removal
* roll cage *sigh*


haha thanks man...well ill think about my options for a few days, and ill repost and let everyone know what i am going to do...and im sure i will have some more questions...thanks guys
Re: newb to the bottle
Thursday, October 23, 2008 4:59 PM
John Jacob Jingleheimer Smith wrote:


the only reason i was leaning towards a dry kit is because I've read that wet kits are more susceptable to cause damage...and im a newb to it, so i want the easiest install possible


actually, its kinda the opposite. the wet kit has a much bigger safety net.



JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Re: newb to the bottle
Thursday, October 23, 2008 5:38 PM
dont listen to the people telling you that no2 will blow up your motor ...

as long as you add fuel with your spray (wet shot) and i mean the proper amount of fuel and adjust your timing use a wot switch and be shure you have a healthy engine to start with. you should b fine



Re: newb to the bottle
Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:16 PM
Right.... cause you have a ton of room to talk? Why would you post a 15.2 at 79? That's not fast. I don't wanna bash you guy, but you started this. I'll justify my list only because I bet I'd be asked to anyway...
* In order to be completed:
* Muffler removal
* magnaflow resonater

Is there a problem with me wanting my car to sound like a tuner?

* aem cold air intake

Cold airs DO imporve throttle response. That's not an arguable point.

* comp blower cams

Why is this a problem?

* five spokes of some kind (wanna sell some?)

Oh no! I want rims!

* back seat removal

Should put "to be replaced with wall of subs"

* roll cage *sigh*

So I can run at local spectator drags, plus it will look badass.


There's a thin line to be crossed, when the upgrades to your vehicle increase your chance to get tickets by an amount exponential enough to stop worrying and build the fastest, loudest car you can.
Re: newb to the bottle
Thursday, October 23, 2008 9:20 PM
Oh yeah, and because you had nitrous, a shift kit, and "sport motor mounts" that makes you more knowledgeable than me? Honestly, If I do all the things in my list, I can just about guarantee I would smoke the car you er.... wrecked.


There's a thin line to be crossed, when the upgrades to your vehicle increase your chance to get tickets by an amount exponential enough to stop worrying and build the fastest, loudest car you can.

Re: newb to the bottle
Friday, October 24, 2008 8:50 AM
98_JB-OvERT wrote:

Right.... cause you have a ton of room to talk? Why would you post a 15.2 at 79? That's not fast. I don't wanna bash you guy, but you started this. I'll justify my list only because I bet I'd be asked to anyway...

why would you believe that you can run a 15.2 sec 1/4 mile @ 79mph? you cant do it..it would have to be somewhere around 90mph...and as fas as that goes quit bashing people for their opinions or input on my topic..If you want to start a lil b*tch fight post your own da*n topic
Re: newb to the bottle
Friday, October 24, 2008 11:54 AM
amen, I didn't wanna start a fight. Mister Badass 15 second z24 decided to.


There's a thin line to be crossed, when the upgrades to your vehicle increase your chance to get tickets by an amount exponential enough to stop worrying and build the fastest, loudest car you can.
Re: newb to the bottle
Friday, October 24, 2008 7:19 PM
98_JB-OvERT wrote:

Right.... cause you have a ton of room to talk? Why would you post a 15.2 at 79? That's not fast. I don't wanna bash you guy, but you started this. I'll justify my list only because I bet I'd be asked to anyway...
* In order to be completed:
* Muffler removal
* magnaflow resonater - FOR ONE LEARN HOW TO SPELL RESONATOR

Is there a problem with me wanting my car to sound like a tuner? OMG,SHOULD I REALLY ANSWER THIS,PLEASE REFER TO FARTCAN 101

* aem cold air intake

Cold airs DO imporve throttle response. That's not an arguable point. -NO ARGUMENT HERE,an ebay cai works just as good as an overpriced aem

* comp blower cams

Why is this a problem?ITS NOT BUT WHY WOULD YOU JUST ADD CAMS AND NOT ACTUALLY BUILD THE MOTOR?

* five spokes of some kind (wanna sell some?)

Oh no! I want rims!.-I'M SURE YOU'LL DO A CRAPPY SPRAYBOMB JOB ON YOUR STOCKERS' AND ROCK THOSE.

* back seat removal

Should put "to be replaced with wall of subs"-AS YOU STACK 2 BOXES WITH 12'S AND CALL IT A DAY

* roll cage *sigh*

So I can run at local spectator drags, plus it will look badass.
ANOTHER OMG,SHOULD I ANSWER THIS,REALLY?A CAGE SO YOU CAN LOOK BADASS,HAHAHAHA!!!SO YOU ALREADY RUN UNDER13'S?

aND AS FAR AS JACOB DINGLEHEIMER,I GAVE YOU ADVICE BUT OBVIOUSLY YOUR NOT EDUCATED ENOUGH BY POSTING ATHREAD ASKING FOR ADVICE WHEN ALL YOU NEED IS IN THE FAQS' BUT YOU SMARTASS PUNKS THINK YOU KNOW IT ALL.YOU LITTLE @!#$S BETTER KNOW WHO YOUR RESPONDING TO ON THIS SITE,MYSELF AND OTHERS HAVE BEEN HERE FOR A LOT ONGER THAN THAN ALOT OF YOU PUNKS.I'LL POST ANYWHERE I PLEASE,GET OVER IT.



15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Re: newb to the bottle
Friday, October 24, 2008 7:25 PM
aND THE CORRECT MPH IS 89,79 WAS ON THE SLIP AND IT WAS INACCURATE,DUE TO RUNNING AT A CRAPPY TRACK,IWAS INFORMED BY A MEMBER OF JBOM THAT THE RIGHT LANE MPH WAS OFF BY 10MPH,THERE YA GO SMART GUY

.ALSO IN REFERENCE TO YOUR "WRECKED" COMMENT,YEAH SO WHAT I HIT A DEER,@!#$ HAPPENS,I JUST STARTED TO MOD THE CAR AND THAT ACCIDENT HAPPENED A YEAR AGO,HAD IT NOT I'M SURE I WOULD BE MUCH FURTHER ALONG.BUT SOMONE WHO WANTS TO REMOVE THEIR MUFFLER TO SOUND LIKE A"TUNER"MUST HAVE A WONDERFULLY SMART IDEA BEHIND IT,LMAO,NOOBS



15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search