Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold! - Nitrous Oxide Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:55 PM
Just wanted to let you nitrous guys know that we are offering a special deal on our new ecotec aluminum intake manifolds! These would work great with n/a setups and nitrous.

For those interested please refer to our thread:

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=40&i=158397&t=158397

Also if interested we can add the direct port nitrous 1/8NPT bungs $25 extra. If you wish add your name to the list and mention Direct-Port Nitrous Bungs after your name! Thanks guys!

Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Friday, November 14, 2008 9:37 PM
Holy friggin multi-post. Hope your looking for a ban because I think you just earned it. You went beyond the NEWB double and scored a triple!



I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Monday, November 17, 2008 10:47 AM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:

Holy friggin multi-post. Hope your looking for a ban because I think you just earned it. You went beyond the NEWB double and scored a triple!

easy killer...

They'll get there due...

good luck with the manifold dyno's





Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Tuesday, November 18, 2008 6:50 PM
HA.

vulcan > TVR any day of the friggin week.





If I can't be my own... I'd feel better dead.
Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Thursday, November 20, 2008 11:20 AM
z yaaaa wrote:

HA.

vulcan > TVR any day of the friggin week.


Whats your point?

World > Z Yaaa



I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Thursday, November 20, 2008 5:12 PM
Ha ha




Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Friday, November 21, 2008 9:28 AM
hah wow, lettin ya guys know i posted pictures of the manifold... also manifolds ordered with the OEM throttle bodies will use a 260 cu in collector not the 307.
Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Friday, November 21, 2008 11:32 AM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:

Holy friggin multi-post. Hope your looking for a ban because I think you just earned it. You went beyond the NEWB double and scored a triple!


Wow dude,take a pill and relax,always jumpin' on someone's a**



15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Friday, November 21, 2008 11:42 AM
I apologize in advance for the thread jack.





I would think running an alum IM with nitrous would be a bad idea. If something goes wrong I'd rather loose the plastic IM than have an alum one that wouldn't burst.







Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Friday, November 21, 2008 1:02 PM
what would go wrong causing it to burst? Nitrous oxide is non-flammable and non-combustible.
Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Friday, November 21, 2008 1:30 PM
Vulcan Turbo, LLC wrote:

what would go wrong causing it to burst? Nitrous oxide is non-flammable and non-combustible.

Nitrous backfire
They can blow intake manifolds to shreds.






Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Friday, November 21, 2008 1:47 PM
Hmm i suppose could happen either way with alum or plastic intake, have never seen personally seen any cases of it however.
Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Friday, November 21, 2008 2:29 PM
It happens a lot actually,
I mean with a direct port system which would be used with this mani, it's a lot safer.
but the chance is still there.

this vid is a perfect example.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bRbd3-Myg0

i just wish it would show the aftermath.





Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Friday, November 21, 2008 3:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYf5OIQG8XA&NR=1

That one shows the aftermath and its a L61 to boot.



Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Friday, November 21, 2008 3:56 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:

Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:

Holy friggin multi-post. Hope your looking for a ban because I think you just earned it. You went beyond the NEWB double and scored a triple!


Wow dude,take a pill and relax,always jumpin' on someone's a**


Just treating him like everyone else I just get trashed on because it was me that mentioned it and not someone who is "nicer" to people on here. He triple posted and I'm gonna call him on it. Anyone else would get called on it so why shouldn't he?

FstCavZ24: You can post that all you want. Your still a bigger toolbag than I could ever be.



I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Friday, November 21, 2008 4:46 PM
haha hes right... i did triple post. i just wanted to reach the masses. Nitrous and N/A guys probably dont venture to the boost forum often.
Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Friday, November 21, 2008 7:09 PM
Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:

BIGGSZ24 wrote:

Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:

Holy friggin multi-post. Hope your looking for a ban because I think you just earned it. You went beyond the NEWB double and scored a triple!


Wow dude,take a pill and relax,always jumpin' on someone's a**


Just treating him like everyone else I just get trashed on because it was me that mentioned it and not someone who is "nicer" to people on here. He triple posted and I'm gonna call him on it. Anyone else would get called on it so why shouldn't he?

FstCavZ24: You can post that all you want. Your still a bigger toolbag than I could ever be.


You get jumped on because most of posts are always negative in one form or another,try taking that all knowing,all knowledgable stick out of your a**,quit acting like a wannabe mod and maybe go and actually help some people out,maybe some noobs or something.I've been here two years,actually respected the work you have done but in the end, IMHO, I still think your a prick/end rant.



15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Saturday, November 22, 2008 7:01 AM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:

Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:

BIGGSZ24 wrote:

Hypsy (TRU TurboSport Cav) wrote:

Holy friggin multi-post. Hope your looking for a ban because I think you just earned it. You went beyond the NEWB double and scored a triple!


Wow dude,take a pill and relax,always jumpin' on someone's a**


Just treating him like everyone else I just get trashed on because it was me that mentioned it and not someone who is "nicer" to people on here. He triple posted and I'm gonna call him on it. Anyone else would get called on it so why shouldn't he?

FstCavZ24: You can post that all you want. Your still a bigger toolbag than I could ever be.


You get jumped on because most of posts are always negative in one form or another,try taking that all knowing,all knowledgable stick out of your a**,quit acting like a wannabe mod and maybe go and actually help some people out,maybe some noobs or something.I've been here two years,actually respected the work you have done but in the end, IMHO, I still think your a prick/end rant.


Go help someone? LOL. Your funny man. I help people every @!#$ day. But you wouldn't know that because you only pay attention to the posts that I make that might be negative, just like everyone else. I've spent the last 6+ months trying to get new @!#$ made for this dead community. I've tried getting new hoods, new kits, new exhausts and a few other things made up. The only thing that anyone seems to want is cheap stuff like an exhaust though.

I'm not gonna treat anyone special. No one here deserves it.

If a "noob" does something stupid, I'm gonna call it. If a vet does something stupid, I'm gonna call it. If DAVE does something stupid, I'll call it.

Go take your ranting elsewhere where someone might give a damn. You might not like my attitude but it's gotten me to where I am in life and I like where I am in life SO I'M NOT CHANGING!



I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Saturday, November 22, 2008 3:50 PM
Cry me a river,trucker boy.And I'll rant wherever the f*ck I please,your a d*ck,and always have been.Just stating facts,now drive your rig off a cliff



15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Sunday, November 23, 2008 6:59 AM
To get back to the concern about nitrous backfire on the eco mani........I don't think it will be as big as an issue with this design since the factory manifold has a snail shell design to it which would be easier to puddle in. Granted there would still be a risk under a large shot from a single fogger but at that point I'm sure people would hopefully be leaning toward a direct port kit at that time. If your still concerned about the possible issue of a backfire why not just install burst panels from wilson manifolds......

manifold burst panels.......







Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Sunday, November 23, 2008 7:27 AM
What does a burst panel do?


The proper way of using the word seen. It is not I seen it that would be I saw it. He has seen the car is the right way to use the word. English class is Cool. By the way thats my sig

Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Sunday, November 23, 2008 8:09 AM
They help prevent damage in the event that there is a nitrous backfire. Basically they break instead of your manifold, then you just install another panel afterward etc......nice to have instead of replacing intake manifolds if you checkout their web page you will see some installed on sheet metal intakes.







Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Sunday, November 23, 2008 9:44 AM
Yeah sorry for thread jacking,I just don't like Ryne.Back on track though,JUCNBST gave some good info,I never even heard of burst panels before but with Vilcan's mani i wouldn't go any other route other than direct -port



15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Sunday, November 23, 2008 3:54 PM
vulcan... i would think having a burst panel integrated into your manifold would be an awesome option. it would most certainly cost more to do but i think the nitrous enthusiasts would gladly pay for the insurance.




but guys... didnt you forget? hypsy is gods gift to the internet...









You look so much cuter with something in your mouth.
Re: Ecotec Aluminum Intake Manifold!
Sunday, November 23, 2008 4:15 PM
Well if anyone is willing to pay that extra for one ill gladly incorporate it into our manifolds.
This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

 

Start New Topic Advanced Search