very new to this - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
very new to this
Thursday, January 22, 2009 5:43 PM
i would like to know what i should use for a daily driver on a 2000 sunfire 2.2l with aftermarket intake and header highflow cat. thats really all i have done to it what shot wet or dry would be the best to run? any help would be appricated thanks.

Re: very new to this
Sunday, January 25, 2009 11:25 AM
ive seen nos offers a kit called sniper is this a good kit has anyone tried it??
Sunday, January 25, 2009 2:14 PM
You hi-flow cat doesn't do much unless you have a complete exhaust. It's a higher flowing part, but the exhaust after it just restricts it again.

Make sure you're using a wet kit, that was you won't run lean. Nitrous hits hard, and your car won't compensate fuel as quickly as it needs to. Hence the wet shot, which sprays fuel at the same time.

As for maximum amount....50 shot? I don't know what the 2.2 can do.

Make sure you run premium fuel and a colder range spark plug.
Sunday, January 25, 2009 4:35 PM
yeah that sniper kit is a wet kit i guess they just came out with it it runs like 320 for the full kit i have 2 and 3/4 piping from the cat back with a i know a ricer muffler but it matched the car. i think that kit is like 35 50 75 shots. i dont care for the orange bottle but for that cheap i could paint it. i was just wondering if this was an allright kit and if anyone had used it.
Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:02 PM
I am running a 50 shot on a 2.2L Cavalier with just intake and header-back exhaust upgrade. It hits pretty hard. I've been told you CAN run a 75 shot, though timing adjustments should be made.

Now With More Carbon Fiber!
Tuesday, January 27, 2009 1:53 PM
Either the wet or dry kit will work for your application but remember that a dry kit relies on the stock fuel system to add extra fuel and the wet system will inject fuel and nitrous together into the intake. Ive heard alot of good things about the zex wet system it is one box that triggers the nitrous off your tps sensor, and can change the amount of fuel that is added to the engine so it doesnt run too lean or too rich.

Wednesday, January 28, 2009 8:57 AM
it triggers it off your tps is that like wide open throttle? i kinda like the push button and go i just figured that kit was made by nos and it was cheap just wonderin why it was cheap cause every other 4 cyl kit ive seen is around 600 dollars.
Thursday, January 29, 2009 12:50 PM
The Zex kit is by far the easier install and I think is more "fool-proof" than a WOT switch.Can't tell you how many times i accidently bumped my switch

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Monday, February 02, 2009 8:27 AM
thanks for the info it might be worth the extra money to get it done right the more reasearch i do it seems like almost everyone is useing the zex kit. probably what im gonna go with. thanks guys
Monday, February 02, 2009 9:49 AM
bryon morton wrote:yeah that sniper kit is a wet kit i guess they just came out with it it runs like 320 for the full kit i have 2 and 3/4 piping from the cat back with a i know a ricer muffler but it matched the car. i think that kit is like 35 50 75 shots. i dont care for the orange bottle but for that cheap i could paint it. i was just wondering if this was an allright kit and if anyone had used it.

I have the sniper kit on my car and it's given me zero problems at all and I'm very happy that I went with the NOS sniper kit. Make sure you get the extra things though like a pressure gauge, purge and bottle heater if you want the maximum performance/reliability out of it.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Thursday, February 05, 2009 7:10 AM
thanks i appricate that.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search