co2 better than no2? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
co2 better than no2?
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:12 AM
I thought I heard somewhere that people are using c02 and that it is safer on the motor. Is this true? I never heard of it, and was just wondering?

Re: co2 better than no2?
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:20 AM
You can't spray CO2 into the motor, it would kill it (starve it of air). Those using CO2 are using them to cool the intercooling pipes on turbocharged systems (spraying onto the intercooler), or for the CryO2 system, it cools an element inside the filter.

CO2 and N2O are nothing alike, and you can't use CO2 like you use N20.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 9:27 AM
k thanks. I never heard of it, but I figured if it was true that it would be sweet.
Tuesday, December 13, 2005 2:12 PM
Shifted wrote:You can't spray CO2 into the motor, it would kill it (starve it of air). Those using CO2 are using them to cool the intercooling pipes on turbocharged systems (spraying onto the intercooler), or for the CryO2 system, it cools an element inside the filter.

CO2 and N2O are nothing alike, and you can't use CO2 like you use N20.

Exactly what he said

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 11:56 PM
CO2 is carbon dioxide. It's what you exhale when you breathe It's good for trees and plants, that's about it.

Wednesday, December 14, 2005 8:38 PM
it would be like running ur exhaust pipe back into ur intake lol...just with some other stuff comin out too but w/e

wysiwyg wrote:i would say they bang, they don't really pound so much. but if
you want to bump, then they will bump and hit real hard and a lot good.

LOL
Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:40 AM
Only C02 products I know that work are the Co2 bulbs. They don't release Co2 into your engine, it just freezes a bulb that sits inside your intake which from there maybe cools your intake temps by 8-10degrees at max. It works but nothing drastic like I would just have to get one tomorrow ya know! Even if I had it laying here I wouldn't twist a screw to install it.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:28 PM
CO2 is good for cooling, but that's it. I've seen it in intercoolers, and intake manifolds to cool... and I've seen it used as a fake nitrous purge kit. Not good for the motor.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006 9:38 PM
I was watching G-force, and this did a test. You know they Co2 systems. Well they hooked it to the fuel rail of a car, and it cooled the gas, and this inturn turned out to have the same amout of HP increase as Nitrous.
Wednesday, August 09, 2006 4:09 PM
lmao! I'm sure there was some details you missed or something. Your gas doesn't exactly get hot on the way into the engine and even if it did cooling it wouldn't really do much. Most liquids when cooled off drastically turn into sludge or a gel type of form. Just like how old or gas that has been sitting out in the cold for awhile turns into sludge and the car won't run.

The Purpose of N2o or Co2 is to cool down the air going into the TB. Cold air is more dense and we all know more air + fuel going into your engine = more power.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 7:21 PM
Yes and no, cooling fuel would help a little i think, my dad made a fuel cooler for his car, granted its a 1971 Camaro but he still used it to cool his fuel.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006 7:25 PM
Any testing to see what it has done? Only thing I know off hand that's worth cooling in liquid form on J's is the tranny fluid (if too high) and the oil (if too high)......

Our cars seem to run good when they're at normal operating temps. Anyone have a link to benefits of cooling oil so I can get smarter? Lemme go google search for awhile!

Saturday, August 12, 2006 9:31 PM
I had a fuel cooler on my 71 grand prix, but that was to cure vapor lock. It was a winshield washer reservior that had the fuel line routed through and coiled up inside. You fill the reservior with ice and no more vapor lock.

Didn't get any performance gains, unless you count "running" vs "not running".

John Wilken
2002 Cavalier
2.2 Vin code 4
Auto
Saturday, August 12, 2006 10:11 PM
^^^ I have heard of that! Nothing performance wise as you said though!

Tuesday, August 22, 2006 7:59 PM
on fuel injected cars... the heat of the air, and engine all go into the air fuel mixture. The fuel needs heat to atomize. On cold starts you car runs rich. cry02 cools air, so the fuel isn't atomized completly. and is not suspended in the air... there for you technically run rich. It is a easy way to run rich, with out fooling with ignition.
cooling the fuel, in the fuel rail has the same affect, just in a different spot.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 5:58 PM
Bballjamal (Cav-AtL) wrote:lmao! I'm sure there was some details you missed or something. Your gas doesn't exactly get hot on the way into the engine and even if it did cooling it wouldn't really do much. Most liquids when cooled off drastically turn into sludge or a gel type of form. Just like how old or gas that has been sitting out in the cold for awhile turns into sludge and the car won't run.
Gasoline doesnt gel up from cold temps, it does fom old age though

Lets Get this New Forum Going!! We need some Q4/TC Gurus
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 10:56 AM
Cooling the fuel would cool the air thus making it more dense.

I could see someone making a C02 system that froze a few bulbs in the intake and then dumped the C02 into a small resovore that had a stainless fuel line wrapped around inside it, then sprayed the C02 directly on to the intercooleror/intake manifold.

Im just wondering what the temp drop would be, Im guessing about 5-10 degrees. Im sure my idea could be approved upon to get up to 20 degrees, but someone with dyno access needs to try this.

I see no benefit in cooling the oil, tranny fluid, or any other fluid. The oil needs to be a certain temp to work correctly.
Tuesday, August 29, 2006 8:55 PM
thats what cry02 does. it has one more cooling function available, but i don't remember what it was.

Thursday, September 07, 2006 6:20 PM
[quote=Th�f�stf�ngz]Cooling the fuel would cool the air thus making it more dense.

I could see someone making a C02 system that froze a few bulbs in the intake and then dumped the C02 into a small resovore that had a stainless fuel line wrapped around inside it, then sprayed the C02 directly on to the intercooleror/intake manifold.

Im just wondering what the temp drop would be, Im guessing about 5-10 degrees. Im sure my idea could be approved upon to get up to 20 degrees, but someone with dyno access needs to try this.

I see no benefit in cooling the oil, tranny fluid, or any other fluid. The oil needs to be a certain temp to work correctly.The best Cry02 system I've seen was on a SBC. It had a tunnel ram intake manifold, and ran lines underneath, and above the intake. It really worked well. With the motor off, and the CO2 going through the lines, the outside of the intake manifold would frost up. I'm curious on if it would create an condensation inside though
due to the cooler temperature?

Sunday, January 11, 2009 10:13 AM
Alrighty so I saw this system the other day while scanning through DEI's catalog at work. As far as the bulb for the intake they claim a 35% cooler intake temperatures. The fuel rail is cooled by a block that installs over/around it and the liquid c02 runs through the block freezing it to -80 degrees f. Thats all of the info i have been able to get I am planning on calling them tomorrow to see if i can get any test results.

Sunday, January 11, 2009 3:22 PM
its not really worth it.you're putting alot of junk in your intake track to cool it very little.

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!

Saturday, January 17, 2009 10:02 PM
i had one of the cryogenic co2 kits for my intake... it worked well it actually dropped the intake temp about 35 degrees. it would also tell your iat sensor it was colder giving your car more fuel. it added quit a bit of power...
Sunday, January 18, 2009 7:24 PM
the thing is,if you're going to run all that wiring and plumbing, why not do something useful and actually spray n2o?

JBO Stickers! Get yours today!
Wednesday, January 21, 2009 11:48 PM
i use it in my race cavy its nothing like NOS you dont get the hp gains you would on nitrous but it dropped my car a couple of tenths in the 8th as for 1/4 you wont notice a difference. but it will help if you have an aluminum intake manifold or supercharger
Sunday, February 01, 2009 8:06 PM
cryo skull wrote:i use it in my race cavy its nothing like NOS you dont get the hp gains you would on nitrous but it dropped my car a couple of tenths in the 8th as for 1/4 you wont notice a difference. but it will help if you have an aluminum intake manifold or supercharger

That dont make sense... Better 1/8 mile times but not 1/4 mile? If you run the 1/8 faster then you would be faster half way down the 1/4 then you used to be.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search