Window switch question???? - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Window switch question????
Friday, April 17, 2009 10:26 PM
Yeah, DRAGRACERZ went 13.9 and 100.7mph with like an intake, catback, and a 75 shot so the great times can be had. The wideband will just tell you how your air/fuel and stuff is and make you aware of how your car is running with the spray. Many people have thrown 75 and larger shots on their cars with no tune and have been completely fine but I am always very safe with everything I do and make sure I have the extra safety stuff. I always tune for my mods and that can ensure the best performance. The autos can be slower depending on the mods but as you get faster they are far more consistent at the track and prove to be quicker time and time again because of this. The main thing that helps the most is a stall converter and most tuner guys don't realize this. Only the V8 guys and that is what I was for a long time. I have my Yank 3000 about to go in and then I will head to the track. If I don't hit 14's NA i will be dissapointed. What it comes down to at the track is launch so if you can get your car out of the hole good you should be happy with your times!

Friday, April 17, 2009 10:27 PM
since the nozzle is plastic it may just melt down.
Friday, April 17, 2009 10:54 PM
Heck I'd be laughing if I hit 13.9, that would be a great run IMO given the little mods i've done so far. My exhaust smells like crap even after a week since I sprayed the cleaner through, I'm wondering If I did more HP decreasing by using that TB cleaner or if it did anything at all. I'm still trying to figure out if a NOS brand "soft plume" nozzel would work on a ZEX kit? Any thoughts?

Friday, April 17, 2009 11:01 PM
Edit: Though wouldn't a ZEX kit come with a soft plume to begin with? I don't know this as I haven't recieved it yet.

Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:01 AM
OK one more question about the window switch.lol. So for my setup, if I want to buy/use a window switch, do I need a "tack adapter" or any other componant other than the switch itself?? I just want to get this clear as it seems confusing and i'm in a hurry to buy one online. The MSD 8969 is very expensive but I was also looking at this one(link). I promise this will be the end of my questions...for now PLease help me out as I need to order parts asap. Thanks guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RPM-Window-Switch-8969-With-TPS-Nitrous-Oxide-system_W0QQitemZ330322611432QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item330322611432&_tr ksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Saturday, April 18, 2009 3:35 AM
Green96 wrote:Honestly, if your worried about beating 5.0 mustangs I would look to bigger apponents with nitrous. They really aren't very impressive for having v8's and being as light as they are. Alot of them struggled to get out of the 15's even with a few bolt ons. Some of the notchbacks were impressive because they were lighter but still not overly impressive. I'm not dissing them at all because i have friends with heavily modded 5.0's and they are very very fast but even they agreed that getting consistent 14's stock was a challenge. No offense to biggs but that is the slowest 2.4 nitrous time i have ever seen. Now he is a vert which are significantly heavier and bad track conditions can really bring down a time but there are several guys with 2.4's running bottom 14's and a few have hit high 13's with 75 shots and bolt ons. Dan, with your mods and a 75 shot, I see no reason why you couldn't run those times either. Make sure it is set up properly and have fun. I would suggest getting a wideband though.

And actually Nitro ran low 13's with a few things like drag radials and a 100 shot.I agree on my times as slow but for you not knowing what the track situation was and my cars situation is a little unfair.I said before previously that my tir/rim combo was not right for the track,I beleive I was puddlind with using the HO manifold,and with the size jets I was running,a .032 N2o and a .020 fuel,many on here have said that equated to more like a 40 shot.I was going by what Edelbrock's site said about my kit,which is that a .032n2o and a .026 fuel was an 80 shot.Also you know that a 75hp shot will not give you an EXACT 75 hp right?

Dan,first,the nozzle you l lost is prolly stuck in your manifold,second,take advice here with a grain of salt,don't buy into what EVERY person says here.Go run and post up times,I do believe you won't run any faster than a 14.8-14.9 but anyways have fun doing it. and yes they make soft plume nozzles,just look to see if it has one opening and not two.

15.2@89mph 2.171 60ft. 9.830 1/8 R.I.P. "LULU"
Saturday, April 18, 2009 10:04 AM
5lick50 wrote:OK one more question about the window switch.lol. So for my setup, if I want to buy/use a window switch, do I need a "tack adapter" or any other componant other than the switch itself?? I just want to get this clear as it seems confusing and i'm in a hurry to buy one online. The MSD 8969 is very expensive but I was also looking at this one(link). I promise this will be the end of my questions...for now PLease help me out as I need to order parts asap. Thanks guys.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/RPM-Window-Switch-8969-With-TPS-Nitrous-Oxide-system_W0QQitemZ330322611432QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories?hash=item330322611432&_tr ksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A1171%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Anyone??

Saturday, April 18, 2009 11:59 AM
5lick50 wrote:OK one more question about the window switch.lol. So for my setup, if I want to buy/use a window switch, do I need a "tack adapter" or any other componant other than the switch itself?? I just want to get this clear as it seems confusing and i'm in a hurry to buy one online. The MSD 8969 is very expensive but I was also looking at this one(link). I promise this will be the end of my questions...for now PLease help me out as I need to order parts asap. Thanks guys.

I'm pretty sure that would work. That is what I was going to go with but i'm not positive.
Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:10 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:
Green96 wrote:Honestly, if your worried about beating 5.0 mustangs I would look to bigger apponents with nitrous. They really aren't very impressive for having v8's and being as light as they are. Alot of them struggled to get out of the 15's even with a few bolt ons. Some of the notchbacks were impressive because they were lighter but still not overly impressive. I'm not dissing them at all because i have friends with heavily modded 5.0's and they are very very fast but even they agreed that getting consistent 14's stock was a challenge. No offense to biggs but that is the slowest 2.4 nitrous time i have ever seen. Now he is a vert which are significantly heavier and bad track conditions can really bring down a time but there are several guys with 2.4's running bottom 14's and a few have hit high 13's with 75 shots and bolt ons. Dan, with your mods and a 75 shot, I see no reason why you couldn't run those times either. Make sure it is set up properly and have fun. I would suggest getting a wideband though.

And actually Nitro ran low 13's with a few things like drag radials and a 100 shot.I agree on my times as slow but for you not knowing what the track situation was and my cars situation is a little unfair.I said before previously that my tir/rim combo was not right for the track,I beleive I was puddlind with using the HO manifold,and with the size jets I was running,a .032 N2o and a .020 fuel,many on here have said that equated to more like a 40 shot.I was going by what Edelbrock's site said about my kit,which is that a .032n2o and a .026 fuel was an 80 shot.Also you know that a 75hp shot will not give you an EXACT 75 hp right?

Dan,first,the nozzle you l lost is prolly stuck in your manifold,second,take advice here with a grain of salt,don't buy into what EVERY person says here.Go run and post up times,I do believe you won't run any faster than a 14.8-14.9 but anyways have fun doing it. and yes they make soft plume nozzles,just look to see if it has one opening and not two.

wet 75 shot= 75 whp
dry 75 shot= 75 fwhp

You may have been running a smaller shot than what you thought but saying he won't run faster than a 14.8 may be false. This is bench racing which i don't like but lets say you both have the same crappy track conditions. Take your 15.2 and take off the 300 lbs you give up for the vert. That's a 14.8 right there with the same 60'. Now he also has more mods than you with a header, ported throttle body, some exhaust work and so on. Even in the same bad track conditions you had I would still expect better than a 14.5 for him if he can drive half way decent. You never know what will happen in reality so this is all speculation. Dan, go out there have fun and tell us what you get. I think you'll be surprised. Just remember the launch is the most important part of drag racing.
Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:45 PM
Green96 wrote:
BIGGSZ24 wrote:

wet 75 shot= 75 whp
dry 75 shot= 75 fwhp

You may have been running a smaller shot than what you thought but saying he won't run faster than a 14.8 may be false. This is bench racing which i don't like but lets say you both have the same crappy track conditions. Take your 15.2 and take off the 300 lbs you give up for the vert. That's a 14.8 right there with the same 60'. Now he also has more mods than you with a header, ported throttle body, some exhaust work and so on. Even in the same bad track conditions you had I would still expect better than a 14.5 for him if he can drive half way decent. You never know what will happen in reality so this is all speculation. Dan, go out there have fun and tell us what you get. I think you'll be surprised. Just remember the launch is the most important part of drag racing.

I agree with you, launching is key. I'm not new to the strip by any means, I'm used to racing a 2006 Yamaha R1 and pulling off 10.2 repeatedly with a few prefect lights but It's the whole 2.4L FWD standard that I'm new to(track-wise). Can someone please answer my window switch/adapter question lol? Do I need an adapter and/or tach driver on my application?

Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:51 PM
Ok so I just bought the MSD 8969, now my only question is-Do i need a tack driver for the 8969 or can I get an RPM signal without it?

Saturday, April 18, 2009 3:41 PM
Does the "arm switch" come in the ZEX kit or the ZEX accessory kit? I ordered both and neet to know if this switch is included.

Saturday, April 18, 2009 5:01 PM
75 hp shot wet or dry DOES NOT equate to 75 hp,your insane if you think that.Ask anyone here,some companies DO claim exact whp but most are not accurate.Go spray on a dyno and come back and tell us.

Saturday, April 18, 2009 5:16 PM

This is a brand new in the box MSD Digital RPM Window Switch.

M46-8969

Look no further MSD's new Digital RPM Window Switch will do it all! This new Switch will accept an input rpm signal from a coil negative terminal (for stock ignitions), a tach output from an ignition control, an ECU tach output or even a 5 volt tach signal. Another great feature is that no rpm modules are needed! The rpm activation points are programmed by simply scrolling through the LED display to your desired rpm amounts. The switch has two outputs; one normally open, the other is normally closed. It can be programmed from 200 rpm to 15,000 rpm in 100 rpm increments. It can be used with an input voltage of 9 - 18 volts.
Features
# Activate a circuit's On and Off point at your desired rpm.
# Program the rpm and cylinder selection through the bright LED display.
# Accepts an rpm signal from a 5 volt tach signal, coil negative, tach output of an ignition or through an ECU.
# Ideal to control a shot of nitrous on nearly any engine combination.

Answer your question?

Saturday, April 18, 2009 5:33 PM
BIGGSZ24 wrote:This is a brand new in the box MSD Digital RPM Window Switch.

M46-8969

Look no further MSD's new Digital RPM Window Switch will do it all! This new Switch will accept an input rpm signal from a coil negative terminal (for stock ignitions), a tach output from an ignition control, an ECU tach output or even a 5 volt tach signal. Another great feature is that no rpm modules are needed! The rpm activation points are programmed by simply scrolling through the LED display to your desired rpm amounts. The switch has two outputs; one normally open, the other is normally closed. It can be programmed from 200 rpm to 15,000 rpm in 100 rpm increments. It can be used with an input voltage of 9 - 18 volts.
Features
# Activate a circuit's On and Off point at your desired rpm.
# Program the rpm and cylinder selection through the bright LED display.
# Accepts an rpm signal from a 5 volt tach signal, coil negative, tach output of an ignition or through an ECU.
# Ideal to control a shot of nitrous on nearly any engine combination.

Answer your question?

I still don't know? I don't know anything about the Sunfire's Ignition. So do i need a tach driver yes or negatory thanks.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search