Need a straight answer - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: Need a straight answer
Monday, July 06, 2009 6:58 AM
John Higgins wrote:Suncavi was running juice on his built for boost Ecotec last year. Thing is with him you can't never get a straight answer out of him. We were guessing at least a 125 shot, but could have been as much as 150.

he told me a 125 kit

RIP JESSE GERARD.....Youll always be in my thoughts and prayers...

Wednesday, July 08, 2009 8:59 AM
My Buddy Mark, 04 Silver Eco, Ran a dry 75 shot on a very stock motor, Ran Lean, pulled hard, and didn't blow up. Ran about 5 times but took the kit out for his upcoming 04 GT.

So I'm saying that there is an enormous amount of potential for the ECO on Nitrous, In my opinion of course.
Sunday, July 26, 2009 8:54 PM
i look forward to my 50 shot this summer.

i;ll have a stock engine with : plugs, FPR, intake, header, and exhaust.

A lot of people say i don't need all that, but i want to overkill on the safety precautions. It's my DD
Monday, July 27, 2009 2:07 AM
i have a 75 shot now with the blower setup, pulls pretty good for 9.8 AFRs.. still tuning for it.

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Thursday, July 30, 2009 2:16 AM
Mo Joe wrote:i look forward to my 50 shot this summer.

i;ll have a stock engine with : plugs, FPR, intake, header, and exhaust.

A lot of people say i don't need all that, but i want to overkill on the safety precautions. It's my DD

The only safety precaution I see is plugs.....no wot switch, fuel pressure switch, no window switch, no oil pressure swtich, no A/F switch, and your stock FPR should be fine. If your only going to run a 50 shot just use premium fuel and the proper plugs and you will be fine otherwise Read THIS then go from there once you get a better understanding of how to set it up.

Saturday, August 01, 2009 7:55 PM
Wasn't Karo's drag sunfire built just with nitrous in mind?

Thursday, August 20, 2009 12:58 PM
I was looking for a good book on nitrous for a while now, is that the best one you can reccommend? I got a book on tuning and engine managment, and i love it. I'll def. check this one out?
Thursday, August 20, 2009 3:08 PM
that book will give you all the info you need, it even goes into wiring diagrams and diagnosing issues, etc etc.

Saturday, September 19, 2009 2:37 PM
I used to have a 03 Cavalier that I ran a dry 125 shot with only an intake and exhaust and it held up fine except for the transmission, EXPECTED. Sold it and now I got a 05 Cavalier with a dry 75 shot and it hasn't gave me a problem at all. All hidden and unknown to everyone!
Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:19 AM
Vitamin E (AKA Eddie) wrote:Holy crap!! Curtis I did not know that. So, you ran a 150 shot on a stock bottom end? Not sure by the way it's worded

I guess I will have to take over where Owen left off (and Skunk, if I read that right). Getting my quote for 10.6 CR .20 overbore pistons now. Might be a year before it completely come together, but after studying this will be my setup:

*10.6 pistons with a .20 overbore
*Eagle H-beam rods
*Patriot head
*Direct port N2O - 150+

A lot of other stuff I'm leaving out as of right now. But, 11s shouldn't be a problem

That's the same setup I have on the drawing board, except I'm going to do machined stock head with the GM Performance valves/springs and comp stage 3 cams. 11-11.5:1 CR. H-beams.

I'd like to end up with 225 flywheel horsepower then be able to throw a 150-200 shot direct port on it.
Thursday, October 15, 2009 7:37 AM
well if you think about it, its common knowledge that these motors can "handle" around 300hp. Stock 140 + 150 shot, sounds about right. The only difference here is that its a sudden, all at once boost in HP, where as a turbo or blower is more gradual. I'm not sure how long the engine would hold up to that but its definitely do-able.

What are the GM performance springs rated at? What are the specs on the cam? Is the cam recommended for nitrous? Direct port will help maintain the life of the engine, are you going to be using any sort of progressive nitrous controller/delay box?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search