Another Nitrous Checklist - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Another Nitrous Checklist
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 7:56 PM
So far my list before i spray includes: Aeromotive FPR
Colder plugs -- Are the TR6's good enough?
Tsudo Header
2.5" exhaust, with high flow cat and Apexi WS2 muffler
AEM Cold air intake
LZM Upper and lower mount (yes i got mine)

and of course the Zex dry kit. I still need to look for a good bottle warmer. And i'm still not sure about the part number on the FPR. I have everything else.

Anything i missed? and i know some stuff might be overkill, but this is still my DD for the winter, so i'm just trying to be safe.

Re: Another Nitrous Checklist
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:09 PM
Just wondering, but why are you going to use a FPR?

Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:50 PM
Through all my research on this forum, and other sources, I think i need it. Something about the stock FPR not being able to keep up with the change in fuel pressure when the n2o kicks in......i think, I read the explanation a while ago and i concluded that it is just a safety device, and can be useful for later projects at the same time. Don't you agree?
Thursday, July 30, 2009 7:55 AM
Don't see a reason not to, just thought u might be using it for a certain reason and was curios. Defiately look into upgrading your fuel pump. I'm running a wet kit on mine so I'm kinda new to the whole dry kit setup. I put a blaZer fuel pump in and a fuel press gauge with a safety cutoff if the fuel pressure drops to low.

Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:25 PM
check out www.dynotunenitrous.com

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Saturday, August 01, 2009 7:52 PM
dry kit = lame, end of story

Sunday, August 02, 2009 3:39 PM
RaGiN Z (the fake 05) wrote:dry kit = lame, end of story

And what's your best argument against it? How big are you spraying?
Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:17 AM
Couple things for you.

a) You don't need CAI, header, exhaust, etc before you spray. You can run smack on a stock engine
b) A dry kit on an Eco is a really bad idea because you're asking the stock fuel injectors, that are already maxed out at stock levels, to supply extra fuel. Changing the fuel pressure and fuel pump won't change that.
c) You left out a window switch and a purge kit. I guess some could say they aren't a must but if you respect nitrous it will be your friend. If you don't, it'll take the money out of your pocket and destroy your engine.

Monday, August 10, 2009 3:14 PM
Vitamin E (AKA Eddie) wrote:Couple things for you.

a) You don't need CAI, header, exhaust, etc before you spray. You can run smack on a stock engine
b) A dry kit on an Eco is a really bad idea because you're asking the stock fuel injectors, that are already maxed out at stock levels, to supply extra fuel. Changing the fuel pressure and fuel pump won't change that.
c) You left out a window switch and a purge kit. I guess some could say they aren't a must but if you respect nitrous it will be your friend. If you don't, it'll take the money out of your pocket and destroy your engine.

lol.... I know I don't need a CAI or header or exhaust. But you gotta start somewhere right? I was just stating what I had installed thus far.

Your right about the window switch, but I don't think I need a purge.......not yet.

Are people really that against a small dry shot? I got the kit for almost nothing, so it's kinda of a '@!#$s and giggles' project. I'm only gonna run a 55 shot max. and without a bottle heater, I won't even reach that. I have read the horror stories about the dry shot on ecotec's, but most of the problems could have been avoided with proper research and planning. That's all I'm tryin to do.

If it were you..... would you sell the almost free dry kit, and purchase a wet one? All the negative feedback I'm getting about dry is making me comtemplate this.........Hmmmm....
Monday, August 10, 2009 6:45 PM
Well, if you really had to keep it you could just buy a fuel solenoid and wet nozzle to change it to a wet kit, but I'd just buy a wet kit and keep the dry kit as a spare parts collection. But, that's just my opinion.

And btw, if you want it to hit like it should you need a purge unless you like unscrewing the line and purging it yourself every once in a while.

The window switch with a dry kit is a must to save the engine. I mean, you could spend some money on these things now or wait and spend the cash on a new motor later.

Bottle heater is also a must. You can't get the damn system to do what it's supposed to because you aren't setting it up right. No bottle heater is making the kit work against you in a sense.

Go back and read b) in my last post you quoted again please!! That's the exact reason why people are against dry kits on modern EFI cars. The dry kits are ok if you got a carb.

I can't keep pointing this out enough. Guys have got to start reading and researching on their own more! Did you even know there are forums like this one dedicated to nitrous only?

Monday, August 10, 2009 8:12 PM
window switch ftw

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]

Saturday, August 15, 2009 9:01 PM
Vitamin E (AKA Eddie) wrote:

I can't keep pointing this out enough. Guys have got to start reading and researching on their own more! Did you even know there are forums like this one dedicated to nitrous only?

wait......this is the nitrous forum? your kidding....
Sunday, August 16, 2009 4:59 AM
the sad sad thing about this nitrous forum is that apparently there is no search option because every time I come in here there is some schmoe asking the same damn questions that everyone else has already asked!

My argument against dry systems? Hmmmmmm...... lets see.... you are adding power and no fuel...... hmmmmm..... you will never be happy with a 50 shot and will eventually up it anyway.... stock injectors are already maxed out...... you have already heard the horror stories.... Nope, I guess I don't have one...

Hi palm, meet face, face, meet palm!

Sunday, August 16, 2009 8:03 PM
I spend a lot of time on the forums, so don't talk to me like a newbie at using this site. I know how to search and sort the punks from the pros......

What's wrong with getting someone else's opinion? So what if asked the same question. I am asking different people.

If it makes you that "sad", just don't post. Why come in like a punk and give someone a hard time for asking a question. I can't stand people like you who start talking about nothing. It has nothing to do with what the title of the post says. Maybe that's why some people don't look at all the search results., Because punks like you fill it up with stupid banter about nothing relevant or helpfull. I thought this forum is designed to help people with their tech questions. That is why I am here, I could care less about what you think of me, but you shouldn't try to chase people away from the Jbody community.

It's kinda like being a bad neighbour.......

So ha! let's see you use an emoticon for that!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search