1995 2.2 cavy shot? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
1995 2.2 cavy shot?
Sunday, November 29, 2009 2:15 PM
Hello I have a 1995 chevy cavalier that I race on a half mile asphalt oval. And I find out today that they are going to be letting my class run nitrous oxide next year. I have a cold air intake, header, under drive pulley, after market exhaust, racing tires and have lowered it 2 inches. I was wondering how big of a shot I could put on my cavy while keeping it safe 50 I was thinking????? (I am very new to this). Also what would I need I heard 94 octane and colder spark plugs? And finally how much would it cost for a kit.?

Thanks,

Jo Brown #25

P.S. The motor has been rebuilt recently and I have put in new lifters, rocker arms and push rods so its not like its a high miler .

Remember when sex was safe and racing was dangerous .

Re: 1995 2.2 cavy shot?
Sunday, November 29, 2009 5:53 PM
read the faqs, they will tell you almost everything you need to know. go with a wet kit first and foremost. check out dynotunenitrous.com. you should be fine on a 50 shot, you could probly even ramp it up to 75, that's what i plan on running when i get my kit next year. you will also want a bottle heater, nitrous pressure gauge, window switch, purge kit, and something to "tune"-wideband, msd retard box.something to retard the timing. hope this helped and i'm gonna back off and let one of the pro's give you the rest of the advice you will need.

Monday, November 30, 2009 3:05 PM
Since it sounds like you'll be hitting juice on the straights of an oval with constant laps instead of short bursts of a drag strip I'd suggest using a NANO system instead of a bottle heater. Though a bottle heater is cheaper it won't be able to keep up with heating the bottle over and over that quickly.

A 400w bottle heater takes about 15-20 minutes to get the pressure up to an acceptable level. And when you spray, the nitrous in the bottle self cools and drops the temp/pressure right back down. If you go with a NANO system you will have the advantage of constant predictable pressure and therefore predictable power.

This setup will cost as much as your nitrous wet kit but I think you'll be much happy with the results.

Wednesday, December 09, 2009 9:29 PM
I have heard of a few people running a 75 shot safely on a stock 2200...just cooler plugs and one guy had a 2.5" exhaust....the 2200 bottom ends are fairly sttrong..

"Hondas are like tampons, every pussy has one!!!"
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search