Is Nitrous Flammable - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.
Re: Is Nitrous Flammable
Wednesday, January 06, 2010 6:02 PM
oops my bad

it was still on the front page, i assumed it was semi new

My car may run 18s, but I can do your taxes in 10 seconds flat.
JBO lube - they would never have enough in stock and we'd never see RodimusPrime again

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 6:15 PM
It's also not inflammable.

Bill Hahn Jr.
Hahn RaceCraft

World's Quickest and Fastest Street J-Bodies
Turbocharging GM FWD's since 1988
www.turbosystem.com

Wednesday, January 06, 2010 6:21 PM
Holy @!#$ Bill! Thank gawd you posted! We wouldn't have been able to establish that from the OP's second sentence... CHEERS!

Thursday, January 07, 2010 11:18 PM
I forgot I had replied to this thread, glad to see I didn't let myself down!

KFLO wrote:
02 silver cavy wrote:ik but it gives so many people the wrong impression and it makes nitrous look bad.

I was @!#$ certain you had to be like 16, but then I checked your profile and you're 20. WTF is the matter with you?

Wednesday, February 03, 2010 12:48 PM
From the great movie Billy Madison,

"...what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

"Vroom."
"Yo I wouldn't race him, there's not even an interior in his car man."
"Vrooooooom PSSSSHHH!"
"Oh sh*t. F*ck that, dude..."

Tuesday, March 16, 2010 12:59 AM
02 silver cavy wrote:im not really asking can i burn my car down, i wanna see how many people think it is flammable, especially since in the f&f 4, dom uses n2o to blow up his car. good movie but when i saw that im like great, now more people think its flammable.

Its an oxidizer. sure its not flammable but peoples intake welds on the manifold dont just decide to blow up on there own.

and there floor boards also don't just fly off when the there is danger to manifold.

i mean nobody likes the tuna

Tuesday, April 20, 2010 6:32 PM
nitrous is only flamable if you dont have a pressure release valve

its not how fast you go its how fast you get there
Friday, April 23, 2010 10:45 PM
Matt Hanson wrote:nitrous is only flamable if you dont have a pressure release valve

Sorry sir but you are incorrect, its an oxidizer, not a fuel. Nitrous doesn't burn, it makes things around it burn more violently.

Doesn't any body take chemistry anymore? This is still highschool level stuff, its not very complicated.

Help support the JBO! CLICK HERE!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010 12:53 PM
D.Simoes wrote:
Matt Hanson wrote:nitrous is only flamable if you dont have a pressure release valve

Sorry sir but you are incorrect, its an oxidizer, not a fuel. Nitrous doesn't burn, it makes things around it burn more violently.

Doesn't any body take chemistry anymore? This is still highschool level stuff, its not very complicated.

It's not chemistry and your both wrong and right. Can nitrous explode yes do to pressure, hence pressure release valve. So if you didn't have a pressure release valve and temps got very high yes it could explode, not in a fireball but as an instant release of pressure from bottle failure.

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 3:45 PM
I drive a silver car wrote:
D.Simoes wrote:

It's not chemistry and your both wrong and right. Can nitrous explode yes do to pressure, hence pressure release valve. So if you didn't have a pressure release valve and temps got very high yes it could explode, not in a fireball but as an instant release of pressure from bottle failure.

1) You didn't prove me wrong, and Matt's statement is 100% false. Nitrous is not flammable, regardless of it being safely contained or not.
2)How is this not chemistry related? We can call it physics if you want...
3)explosive =/= flamable. Theres also a difference between someting like a pressurized tank of nitrous oxide exploding and a stick of tnt. Really the bottle is exploding, not the nitrous itself.

Sorry if I sound like an ass, but I'm not the type of person that will be quiet when someone accuses me of being wrong.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 8:42 AM
1) I don't care to prove anyone wrong. Also I skimmed this thread because frankley this thread is worth opening, I thought you mentioned about the tank not exploding after re-reading thats not the case so if you would like to scratch that from your list knock your socks off.
2) Technically can you use Chemistry to describe his point yes, is it a more defiable word no Physics would be better.
3) Explosive =/= flamable, agreed hence my post.

I don't think your an ass for commenting on my comment that wasn't accurate in relation to what you actually posted. Honestly I think we both already wasted too much time in such a pointless thread.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 11:57 AM
Wait WHAT!? Did an argument actually just end with a coherent response and no one's mother's sexual decency brought into question?!?!?!

I especially agree with that last sentence, this thread definitely is pointless.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010 12:41 PM
Lets get off this thread, just like I just got off your mother

We can't dissappoint!

Friday, May 21, 2010 3:15 PM
ugh.... the idiocy in this thread makes me wanna punch a baby....

Saturday, May 22, 2010 3:44 PM
ok for the love of god what you see in a movie is just that a damn movie how the hell has this topic made it this far.
Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:07 PM
Dan Cummings wrote:ugh.... the idiocy in this thread makes me wanna punch a baby....

i call first punch
Saturday, February 26, 2011 6:22 PM
You should start with punching yourself in the face for bumping an old thread from last year for no reason.

This thread is locked.
For more information about why this thread might have been locked, please read the rules.

Start New Topic Advanced Search