yay just got a direct port kit - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
yay just got a direct port kit
Monday, March 29, 2010 6:58 AM
ok am i better off keeping this kit or going to a single nossle desine the car is stock for now im going to spray 50-75 shot on it it was a great deal 175$ even came with fule pump and regulator if i wanted a stand alone fule system . all i needed was the fuel solinoid but the go for 60$+ for 176 i got 2 fuel 2 n2o soliniods a holly blue pump all the lines and distrabution blocks and a 10lb bottle and brackets

Re: yay just got a direct port kit
Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:56 PM
what else came with the kit?

Thursday, April 01, 2010 8:00 PM
4 nossles jets all braided lines and a bottle and braockets
Saturday, April 03, 2010 10:19 AM
you need a n2o pressure gauge, and bottle heater on top of all that.
you'll also want a purge kit if you want the n2o to hit right.
and if your an auto you want a window switch. also look into an msd retard box to retard the timing.

Saturday, April 03, 2010 2:15 PM
I heard auto's dont need window switches since you shouldnt be able to redline on an auto (unless your shifting it)

had a blown ecotec swapped 2000 cavy, now just an 02 Grand Am, and a 74 BMW 2002...
Monday, April 05, 2010 5:59 AM
you heard wrong. i suppose your right that they don't necessarily need one. but if you like your car it's a cheap investment in it's longevity.

Monday, April 05, 2010 10:14 PM
well im moving right now so its gonna be shelfed for a bit but moving into a house i bough 3 3 bedrooms 1 bath and a 3 car man cave with 10ft celings and all pourd floors then im going to oring match the intake tig weld up a one off cai and weld up a cat back exhust then going to go with 50 -75 spray but using a standalone fuel system a trunk mounted fuel tank 2 gallons of alcohol pumped by a holly blue bump and see what happens . i think i can get away with not tuning the timing and using alcohol to stave off the detonation any thoughts ?
Tuesday, April 20, 2010 10:54 PM
blucavvy wrote:you need a n2o pressure gauge, and bottle heater on top of all that.
you'll also want a purge kit if you want the n2o to hit right.
and if your an auto you want a window switch. also look into an msd retard box to retard the timing.

Especially if running direct port you should get a purge. A window switch isn't necessary depending on how you want the engagement setup. There are many options with nitrous but no a window switch isn't necessary.

Saturday, May 01, 2010 7:07 AM
You do not need a window switch.
You do not need a purge.

You will need other parts to use the kit you have.

"Holley Blue" is a 15psi pump. This means you have a system set up for a typical carbureted engine. If you were to tap into your stock fuel system you will be running about 50 psi and WAY PIG RICH. (The pump would not actually be working as the 50psi stock system exceeds its 15psi capabilty and it will simply act like a pipe feeding 50 in and 50 out)
To use the setup you have you will have to run new fuel lines starting from inside the tank and totally seperate from the factory anything.

Or you can jet the fuel side of the nozzles down and run the stock fuel system.

Using the smallest fuel jets available on the factory (50pxi) fuel system with the correct corresponding nitrous jets will set your minimum Hp limit to about 80Hp. You cannot go lower than that. They do not make jets smaller to restrict it more.

With the carb'ed fuel system you have and regulating it to about 6 psi you can theoretically drop down to 30Hp but at this point you are "spraying" so little nitrous and fuel that you are more like dribbling random drops of mixture into the runners.

Window switches are a nice idea and far safer but never required,
Purge kits are use to burp out vaporized nitrous from the lines. The system is designed and rated based on liquid nitrous flowing through it. Without a purge, the vapor exits very quickly through the injectors when you 1st hit it. This does nothing extreme. It simply can allow the engine to go rich for a moment and softens the "hit" when activating the system. In professional racing this = a really inconsistant launch which can cost you a race. For just about anyone else, it means nothing.

sig not found
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search