50 shot of nitrous - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
50 shot of nitrous
Friday, March 06, 2009 9:30 PM
i put my AUTOMATIC 03 cavalier on a 50 shot of nitrous. my car shifts at 6500 or so. will my car over rev when i squeeze and will it blow my motor or my tranny? what can i do so that this doesn't happen? would i have to remove my limiter and if so, how can i do it? anybody that has any info, please help me out. thanks.........

Re: 50 shot of nitrous
Saturday, March 07, 2009 12:42 PM
You'll be fine.

Proud member of Jbody of Kentucky ... Click on sig to go!
Saturday, March 14, 2009 5:19 PM
adding nitrous does not affect shift points, it just simply adds more oxygen molecules to your combustion. I would highly suggest you go with a wet shot, but other than that you should be fine.

Saturday, March 14, 2009 5:26 PM
Yeah it doesn't change when you shift... it'll just let ya get there quicker... lol

http://www.motortopia.com/cavyfreak442/cars
Best ET to Date: 14.251 @ 98.51 mph. 13's or Bust Baby!
Friday, July 31, 2009 1:41 PM
High boost guys that push way too much horse power and dont tune there auto's might have that problem of the engine reaches the rev limiter before the tranny has a chance to shift but with a 50 shot you should be fine.

and as long as you dont have a back fire (assuming its a dry kit) you also should be fine.

OhForKavy wrote:
J03Y wrote:poor people do that

I hate to break it to ya..but a lot of people on this site aren't in the wealthy bracket. If we were, we prolly wouldn't have j-bodies

Sunday, August 09, 2009 8:29 AM
Nitrous + auto!! I would run a window switch

Wednesday, May 05, 2010 7:23 AM
so if i put a 50 shot on my STOCK with exhaust 04 cavalier nothing will blow or anything bad like that happen?
Wednesday, May 05, 2010 10:37 AM
nope you'll be fine. you could even go as high as a 75 shot

just make sure to retard the timing, run 93 octane gas, and get 2 step colder plugs.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search