Zex Safe Shot Nitrous System - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Zex Safe Shot Nitrous System
Saturday, June 27, 2009 12:17 AM
Wondering if anyone has heard about/ran this kit before

http://www.compperformancegroupstores.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=ZX&Product_Code=82357&Category_Code=KitsFuelDry

I am looking into a very small shot (15-20 or the smallest available) as a cooling factor for my mp45. I'm not very knowledgeable about nitrous but I have been reading on here for the past little bit and couldn't find anything on this kit. I'm not sure if this kit is worth while or if going to the full kit is the better way to go (#82011). From the looks of things the safe shot system doesn't come with the Active Fuel Control which I'm guessing monitors the nitrous bottle pressure and adjusts fuel enrichment to achieve the perfect mixture. I'm looking for a system to work as a cooling factor and nothing more. Not looking for a big shot. Anyways, if someone could help me out I'd appreciate it.

Re: Zex Safe Shot Nitrous System
Friday, August 28, 2009 8:47 AM
15- 20 hp shot? why?
Friday, August 28, 2009 12:58 PM
surprisingly when i spray my IATs dont really go down.. im not sure if that is because its a wet shot or what.. but yea, when i sprayed my IATs dont go down like i thought they would..

12.33 @ 111.67 mph [Oct 2009]
Dyno'd on 08/02/09 - Mustang Dyno:
327.6 WHP 333.6 WTQ [10.1 AFR]
Sunday, November 15, 2009 10:43 AM
i dunno, but i like the looks of this kit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edited Sunday, November 15, 2009 6:45 PM

Friday, November 20, 2009 3:45 PM
Matthew- that looks to be a stripped down version of their other kits. Nothing wrong with it for what you want it for. It seems to be a budget kit to compete with NOS's Sniper kit. Even NX has a budget kit now.

evilmonkitar- This is probably due to the nitrous you are injecting is not entering the combustion chamber as liquid nitrous but instead gaseous nitrous. More than likely the liquid nitrous is getting heat soaked in the lines, solenoids, or that hot ass super charger.

Saturday, July 03, 2010 12:23 PM
or your spraying after your iat sensor

"boobs now with Riboflabin"
Thursday, July 08, 2010 4:27 AM
Well, if he sprayed onto the sensor it'd have frost bite.

Thursday, July 08, 2010 1:55 PM
hi eddie! been awhile

Thursday, July 08, 2010 3:10 PM
Yep, you're never on EF anymore. Check out the part out thread.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:38 PM
hmm I wouldnt mind that to cool the blower some plus i think a 30 shot would be ok as rich as the GM tune is at WOT

Wednesday, July 14, 2010 5:31 PM
Vitamin E (AKA Eddie) wrote:Yep, you're never on EF anymore. Check out the part out thread.

will do, done with the build huh?

Saturday, July 17, 2010 7:13 AM
Done with Js. Bikes have always been my passion. Might as well love em.

Saturday, July 17, 2010 12:36 PM
tru

Monday, July 19, 2010 5:45 AM
Don't be shocked to see me use the happy juice on my 600

Monday, July 19, 2010 1:07 PM
link?

Monday, July 19, 2010 1:38 PM
Wouldnt it be just as good of an idea to go with a water/meth kit if your looking mainly for cooling purposes? I see them ran all the time on supercharged cars to simply ensure it will run safe and keep things a bit cooler, and the water/meth should be a little eaiser on the wallet come time to refill.

Monday, July 19, 2010 6:54 PM
Unless I'm mistaken while water/meth does do a good job cooling. It would also richen your afr and the gm tune is horribly rich as it is so I suppose I could drop a pulley size and possibly run meth if I needed to add some fuel back and get some cooling.

Monday, July 19, 2010 10:55 PM
I made this post quite a while ago (over a year ago). I have since ditched my s/c setup and am in the process of building a turbo setup but I did end up going with meth injection. I got tuned with HPT so the extra fuel the meth added was tuned for and had no problems, kept temps much lower...I could actually touch the s/c after a few passes where I couldn't do that before.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search