looking to squash an annoying bug need help - Page 2 - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Re: looking to squash an annoying bug need help
Wednesday, October 27, 2010 12:52 PM
Wow um thanks for letting me know that befor I got something I wasn't going to need I was really 5sec from ordering them with my pistons and rods you deff just saved me $459.99 and some taxes nice save haha

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:01 PM
newt wrote:Aren't TR6's and those Autolites both too short for an Ecotec head???

As far as I know the best plug for an ecotec is the NGK LTR6IX-11 and the LTR7IX-1, 1 and 2 steps colder respectively.

Yes they're shorter than normal but still work just fine. Back in the day when all us eco's started spraying they were the only option and as of the last time I sprayed still the only ones I've used as well as many others.

I'm going to check out those NGK's you mentioned because I'd would feel much more comfortable using proper size whether they work fine or not. Which one is 1 step colder and visa versa?

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 1:12 PM
blucavvy wrote:
I drive a silver car wrote:You don't need to get an MSD retard box.

need? no your'e right. for a 50 shot. however retarding the timing is cheap insurance. the msd retard box is like 60 dollars. y would you not do it?

plus it'll give you a step up for running a larger shot in the future.

I'm not saying it's not a bad idea or that it is not worth doing. I'm just saying it isn't necessary or needed for up to a 75 shot.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 2:20 PM
true, but to my knowledge it's the only thing standing in the way of running a 100 shot.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010 7:27 PM
I drive a silver car wrote:
newt wrote:Aren't TR6's and those Autolites both too short for an Ecotec head???

As far as I know the best plug for an ecotec is the NGK LTR6IX-11 and the LTR7IX-1, 1 and 2 steps colder respectively.

Yes they're shorter than normal but still work just fine. Back in the day when all us eco's started spraying they were the only option and as of the last time I sprayed still the only ones I've used as well as many others.

I'm going to check out those NGK's you mentioned because I'd would feel much more comfortable using proper size whether they work fine or not. Which one is 1 step colder and visa versa?

LTR6IX-11's are one step colder. Im running them in my L61 and i compared(visually side by side) and they are the exact same length as the stock ACDelcos.

its an old concept. time for something new to take the reigns. - Z yaaaa

Thursday, October 28, 2010 6:57 AM
^ Sweet I will be looking into them come spring!

blucavvy wrote:true, but to my knowledge it's the only thing standing in the way of running a 100 shot.

100 Shot your supposed to upgrade your internals, that's not to say many have still run a 100 shot on a stock eco with only plugs and premium. Worst I heard of directly related to that was a mushroomed intake filter. On the other hand many only did a few runs like that, I don't think I would.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search