saab turbo and coolant? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
saab turbo and coolant?
Saturday, January 29, 2011 9:03 AM
since building my motor and putting the saab kit on seems like my coolant temp is a little higher that it was before with the 95 2.2. it this because the coolant goes into the turbo? what temps are you guys with the saab kit running for coolant.

thanks
helps a ton

jason

Re: saab turbo and coolant?
Tuesday, February 01, 2011 7:43 AM
I'd suggest bumping it up to a 75 shot, that and a bottle heater would help.

Sunday, February 06, 2011 3:06 AM
I drive a silver car wrote:I'd suggest bumping it up to a 75 shot, that and a bottle heater would help.

I get it! Is funny because he did not ask about nitrous at all!! Oh ho ho!!!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:07 AM
Never really got a answer for this lol? I guess because its in the wrong forum??????

Tuesday, July 05, 2011 2:18 PM
turbo question in nitrous forum?
is the saab kit not for the eco? not the ohv? coolant into a turbo? if you put the turbo kit on yourself, did you put a coolant line to your turbo?

Friday, July 08, 2011 6:53 AM
If you dont know what motor the saab kit goes on then please dont comment.

Yes on a eco and yes i hooked up the coolant lines

Wednesday, July 13, 2011 9:41 AM
honestly jason it makes sense that your temps would rise a little. think about it you have the same size radiator, same temp. thermostat, and same lathargic water pump. unless you upgrade one of these three then your temp will rise. reason being a turbo can commonly see EGT temps from 800-1800 *F. id suggest a cooler thermostat if you haven't done so already. thats a simple one to do. next is the radiator try cramming a different car's thicker/wider radiator in there, last i would try to come across a higher flowing more consistent (electric pump) if possible.

Friday, July 22, 2011 6:40 AM
Y I have a bigger radiator and a flex a lite dual fan set up 2200 cfm total. Figured it out, tiny air pocket in the coolant supply to the turbo.

Thanks

Saturday, August 20, 2011 11:04 PM
mine runs about 15 degrees cooler idk why... i thought the same it would be higher due to the turbo being hot as hell but idk.... im going to run purple ice as soon as i get my order...
Wednesday, November 02, 2011 1:29 PM
I thought about running that, I have some in the garage but have heard that it can hurt the turbo seals from someone that had it and voided his turbo warranty.

Friday, November 25, 2011 9:12 PM
D.Simoes wrote:
I drive a silver car wrote:I'd suggest bumping it up to a 75 shot, that and a bottle heater would help.

I get it! Is funny because he did not ask about nitrous at all!! Oh ho ho!!!

LOL!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search