Wet nitrous - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Wet nitrous
Tuesday, March 06, 2012 5:02 PM
This is my first post:

I want to see of there is any o.e out there running a 2.2 pushrod with a 100 shot of we N2o.
List of my mods:
1 1/4 hears down to 2 1/4 all the way back with high flow cat,
Also inside fender cold air intake.
Runs only on 93 octane.

Also it be awesome if some one can give me some more ideas for more power.

Re: Wet nitrous
Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:30 PM
That 2.2 isn't going to last long...

Tuesday, March 06, 2012 6:47 PM
What do you think is the maxim shot I can do with a wet system then?
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 3:46 AM
50 wet on a New fuel pump
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:36 AM
See I heard I can do a 75 shot wet. Sooner or later I want to buy a junk yard 2.2 OHV and make the thing mint with all forged internals so when I'm done I can just drop the engine in. Problem I have is the car is my Daly driver and working two jobs and taking care of my daughter I need the car to be on the road.
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 12:07 PM
You can if you retard the timing and go with two step colder plugs. A 50 shot like I'm running is gonna be your best bet.

If you've got two jobs and a daughter, I wouldn't be messing around with nitrous though since a 10lb bottle fill will cost around $40 for 15 or 20 passes.

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 1:16 PM
I want to get a 15 lb bottle. That would last a wile. And its moderate use.
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 1:55 PM
If you don't have a system, it should fit fine in your trunk. If you have a box back there, that's going to take up most of it lol

As far as power, have you stock throttle body bored out to 56mm and grab a butterfly off a 2.3L throttle body. A cam regrind and 1.6 rockers will give you a nice boost as well. That's all assuming you don't want to turbo your car...

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 2:03 PM
why are you running on 93 octane?

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 2:42 PM
why are you wasting money on nitrous with a 2.2ohv when you have a daughter is the real question here?

prioritize brother. that ohv is still gonna be slow even with nitrous.

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:11 PM
Yeah I kinda do have a system in my trunk. RE audio xxx 18 series in a 5 square foot box. But I have a little room where my seat folds down and where the box it. I'm or should I just go with a small 5 lb bottle. And my OHV isn't that I slow I beat a scion in a uphill drag. I think it was a 6 speed I can't member, it was a stick for sure tho.

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 5:39 PM
It was probably a Scion Xb

Seriously, you're starting with 90ish whp and you've added intake and exhaust. That's maybe 5hp since you've got a stock head still restricting air flow.

I've done considerably more to mine and I still consider it slow. That's why I've added strut bars, sway bars and lowered it correctly, just so it's fun to drive.

I considered mounting my bottle behind the center console so I could reach it easily but a 5lb bottle could work inbetween your box and your backseat.

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 6:00 PM
Got a decent wet kit with a 5lb bottle link? Is it possible to get a higher flow head?
Wednesday, March 07, 2012 6:34 PM
http://www.atlanticspeed.com/productcart/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=4906

Same place I got mine from. Most all kits come with 10lb bottles so I'd see if you can fit the 10lb bottle and grab a 5lb bottle off eBay if you can't.

I bought my head already ported and polished from another member. A local shop should be able to do it for a few hundred dollars. Just pick up a spare from a junkyard and drop it off.

Thursday, March 08, 2012 2:30 AM
Thanks man u been helpful
Friday, May 24, 2019 4:53 AM
There was a guy here on the forum about 12-15 years ago running a 100 shot on a 2.2 ohv. His name was Bballjamal. I don't remember how many hits it lasted but it did eventually go boom. Maybe 4-5 bottles of fun before it went if I remember correctly.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search