ANYONE know about "SNEAKY PETE!!!" - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
ANYONE know about "SNEAKY PETE!!!"
Monday, June 28, 2004 6:29 AM
Just wanting to know how the extra fuel got incorporated in the mix. I know it says its for carbs, you just have to raise the fuel jet. But someone said it would work on our engines. How is it set up and how good does it work?

Re: ANYONE know about
Monday, June 28, 2004 8:11 AM
the NOS sneaky pete set ups do not come with any means of adding fuel. never seen anyone use a sneaky pete on a fuel injected 4 banger. but im thinking it wouldnt be worth it judging by the advertised 1 - 2 tenths reduction in the quarter mile.

you could add fuel by increasing injector size, increasing fuel pressure, etc. but i doubt it would be worth it just judging by the 1 pound bottle size and reportedly small gains <br>

Monday, June 28, 2004 2:39 PM
the sneeky pete is worth it and it does work on our cars because I have on . and it works just fine , The shot is small enough that you dont really need to add more fuel
Monday, June 28, 2004 9:33 PM
how long does the little bottle last? what kind of improvements did you get on the quarter mile? i may look into this a little more... <br>

Thursday, July 01, 2004 5:34 PM
GO BIG OR GO HOME. The money you would waiste on getting one of thsoe and filling it up wouldnt be worth it. Get a 50-100 shot if you really wnat to see any gain. <br>

Disclaimer: Dey see me Trollin' Dey hatin' for trollin dey trying to catch me ridin dirty.

Sunday, July 04, 2004 12:36 PM
Yeah get a 100 shot that'll be worth it after you have to get a new motor. <br>

Sunday, July 04, 2004 9:09 PM
Cavie Freak wrote:GO BIG OR GO HOME. The money you would waiste on getting one of thsoe and filling it up wouldnt be worth it. Get a 50-100 shot if you really wnat to see any gain.

gotta agree, just dont go too big... <br>

Sunday, July 04, 2004 10:54 PM
adam taylor wrote:the sneeky pete is worth it and it does work on our cars because I have on . and it works just fine , The shot is small enough that you dont really need to add more fuel

Go put your car on a dyno with a wideband o2, and spray. Then tell us how lean your motor is running and/or how much power you gained......if you dont break or melt a piston.

<br>

275hp & 306tq - 1999 2.2 ohv
13.2 @ 108 mph
-1996 2.4 liter + Turbo + Built motor + Torco + More boost = Lots o' Power
-2000 Mustang GT + 2004 Cobra motor, Whipple 2.3 supercharger,
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Monday, July 05, 2004 7:09 AM
50 shot dry should be ok. Although I wouldn't spray at first. From what I have seen a 2 lbs bottle with 50 shots lasts about 7-9 sprays depending on duration. The one good thing about sneaky kits are - You can hide it well enough that COPS would not see them.
Monday, July 05, 2004 11:52 AM
If you were able to run a 50 shot with a Sneeky Pete kit, the motor WILL run lean since you dont have a way to add extra fuel. Do not use a Sneeky Pete kit on these cars without a way of adding fuel. If you dont add fuel, be prepared to rebuild that motor.

<br>

13.2 @ 108 mph
built rear-end,Dodge Viper spec T56 6 speed, bolt-ons = wheelies at the track!!!!!

Tuesday, July 06, 2004 4:30 PM
Adler wrote:If you were able to run a 50 shot with a Sneeky Pete kit, the motor WILL run lean since you dont have a way to add extra fuel. Do not use a Sneeky Pete kit on these cars without a way of adding fuel. If you dont add fuel, be prepared to rebuild that motor.

50 shots is not a lot though, considering a displacement of 2.+ liters with compression ratio of 9.4..... Although it is risky going too lean, but with 50 shots I think I would want to be lean. That way I can get the most power from the Nitrous. I think that if a resistor 2K ohms (not sure?) was to be put on the MAF sensor will add more fuel to the combustion and also advancing the intake by 2 degrees.

Tuesday, July 06, 2004 7:51 PM
A 50 shot is enough to destroy a motor with or without fuel!! YOU NEED EXTRA FUEL WHEN RUNNING NITROUS, so do not try using a Sneaky Pete kit on these cars. If you dont add fuel, the engine will run lean, detonate, and lose power.
These cars do not have MAF sensors. Even if you could do the resistor trick, you DO NOT want to advance timing when running nitrous. You would actually want to retard timing.

Also, why cheap out with a Sneaky Pete kit? Using that small of a bottle will not be worth it because you will always be refilling it after 3 races...if that many. Be smart and use the kit that is made for you car.

<br>

13.2 @ 108 mph

Wednesday, July 07, 2004 11:13 AM
Why not just buy a regular nitrous system and run a small shot (i.e. 30 shot)? This way you safely run extra fuel and the bottle doesn't need to be filled every day.

Mark P.
Thursday, July 15, 2004 7:58 AM
The reason for running the "sneak" is because of the small bottle size, and slight speed and time gains. The system was designed for the ultimate sleeper set up. You can hide that pretty much any place in the car.
Thursday, July 15, 2004 9:17 AM
Eric Emery wrote:The reason for running the "sneak" is because of the small bottle size, and slight speed and time gains. The system was designed for the ultimate sleeper set up. You can hide that pretty much any place in the car.

It's also a small "shot" size. It advertises a 1/10th increase in ET. Hardly a "sneak". You'd be better off to run a regular set-up with a smaller bottle if you want it to be stealth.

Mark P.
Thursday, July 15, 2004 10:36 AM
Mark Pain wrote:You'd be better off to run a regular set-up with a smaller bottle if you want it to be stealth.
Mark P.

And if you want your engine to last.

<br>

13.2 @ 108 mph

Thursday, July 15, 2004 11:19 AM
yes, but a small shot size is not necessarily bad. With our cars you have to add fuel...yes true. There is no reason to believe that if you upped your fuel pressure the shot would harm the intake, or any part of the manifold. a smaller shot just means it needs to mix with less to work corectly.
Thursday, July 15, 2004 1:24 PM
Forget it....you're missing the point I was trying to make.

Mark P.
Friday, July 16, 2004 7:02 AM
I see what you are saying small shot + same money = not worth it. I agree, I was just stating the reason for it. I run 50 hp shot, and am thinking of bumping up to 75...
Friday, July 16, 2004 9:15 PM
JDMCAV 01 wrote:50 shot dry should be ok. Although I wouldn't spray at first. From what I have seen a 2 lbs bottle with 50 shots lasts about 7-9 sprays depending on duration. The one good thing about sneaky kits are - You can hide it well enough that COPS would not see them.

haha 7-9 sprays?

if you spray for like half a second maybe...

i tested my direct port kit with a sneaky pete bottle, i had it at a 75 shot and i managed to spray through 2nd gear and halfway through 3rd before it ran prety much out <br>

93 SC2, 14.9@100.5mph, needs a few kinks worked out, like traction for one
Monday, July 26, 2004 7:52 PM
this is a SMALL shot. it's not designed as a power adder but to increase VE and get a better burn. we're not even talking 5hp on a 4 cylinder. maf or map could easially correct fuel enrichment for it. even still, $200 is a good chunk of cash that would be better off spent on an intake manifold. <br>

chapter 10, yeah that's one away from 11

Monday, July 26, 2004 8:27 PM
Nitrous + no extra fuel = boom

<br>

13.2 @ 108 mph

Tuesday, July 27, 2004 5:22 AM
if the nozzle was positioned around the filter and given enough space to atomize with the ambient air the nitrous would chill the incomming charge, we have an iat sensor for a reason. again, not a big shot and not a power adder by any means. <br>

Tuesday, July 27, 2004 9:52 AM
I would not trust the IAT to supply the fuel when using nitrous. All I am saying is spend the money on a complete nitrous kit that we all know will be "safe:" for the engine. There is no point in guessing with a Sneaky Pete kit when there are other kits out there that are made for the car. <br>

13.2 @ 108 mph

Wednesday, July 28, 2004 12:59 PM
yeah there is a pretty good game of russian roulette going on with that. <br>

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search