how many times can you boost out of a bottle - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how many times can you boost out of a bottle
Sunday, February 27, 2005 3:21 PM
like the subject says, about how many times can you boost out of a 5lb or 10lb bottle? just wondering and how much does it usually cost to get a bottle filled or new bottle, just wondering because im thinking of running n20 in the future on my 2200. thanks

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

UNLIMITED streaming online movies

Re: how many times can you boost out of a bottle
Sunday, February 27, 2005 6:22 PM
far as how many times, depends on what you run, how much you use it.
it costs around here about $40 for a 10 pound tank

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:33 PM
i usually can do about 15 pulls from the bottle on a 75 shot it costs 26 dollars around here for a refill

Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:51 PM
wow thats very good to know

racing a ford is like racing a fat kid.
Sunday, February 27, 2005 7:51 PM
wow! 26 $ its 3.85$ a lb here in texas i run a ten pound bottle also so... with a 75 shot i ran 13 times (1/4 mile) till there was no more liquid n2o in the bottle and my times started getting slower

"dude, thats a girls car"
NOT ANY MORE!!! PSHHHTTT!!!!
Monday, February 28, 2005 4:51 AM
this is very good to know for me as well ! lol I've been told not to play with it as much as I prolly will, mostly purging it. LOL untill i get to the track. I still gotta find a local place to fill my bottle (When i get it). We only have 1/8th mile locally.. so this should rock for 1/8th mile., since i have an auto hhehehe wOrd.

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Monday, February 28, 2005 4:11 PM
I get about 5-6 runs and its time for the new bottle. Granted there is still stuff in the bottle.. but you can really feel the car slow down... for example.. while racing in Canada.. I was running on an older bottle... I was pulling 12.6s and 7s all day long... I put in the new bottle.. and BAM! 12.2s and such....

Monday, February 28, 2005 4:23 PM
ok, thats better then i expected i thought you could only get like 3 or 4 pulls out of a bottle and i thought it was more expensive to have them refilled. thanks guys sorry i dont really know much about n20

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Monday, February 28, 2005 8:13 PM
mine is abot 60-65 to refill here in VA. but then again it's a 15lb bottle needless to say i'm still on my first bottle

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 7:10 PM
any brand preferences? i think i like NX the best so far, how much do shops normally charge to have a kit installed, i dont want to do it myself and none of my friends have experience with nitrous. and also it seems like everybody that has it thinks its worth the money

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:52 PM
Where are you?
If your'e close enough i'll help

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 8:58 PM
i don't even think a shop would do that for you... but ya never know....

either way, i think you should do it yourself or at least have someone help so in case somethin ever went wrong at least you'd know what to do or where to start

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 1:20 PM
i live in joliet area of illinois... really i thought shops could put them on? i know of some speed shops around here that could do it, i mean i hav enever really seen an installed kit so i dont know the complexity of n20 but it doesnt seem like something you want to install yourself and accidently mess something up...

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:43 PM
if you have a solid basis in electronics then it is easy. time consuming but easy. i took about a day and a half to do mine,but i havd no instructions and have every option that you can get besides the fuel pressure safety switch so those things attributed to a lot of extra wiring and plumbing. i'm on the coast in VA so sorry but i'm not gonna come to IL. But if you ever happen to be over this way and need the help let me know.

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:19 PM
my dad lives on the border of wv and md, i come to your area about once a year, i love the east coast hehe

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 7:10 PM
wikky are you a dj?Just guessing by the name. If your'e ever over this way just let me know

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 8:59 PM
yeah you will lose power after about 5-6 pulls -- but stilla noticable gain -- I am just glad it is cheap here in fla

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:16 PM
Filled my bottle yesterday and it was 69.55 !!!!! it has gone up!!
Thursday, March 03, 2005 8:21 AM
it's about $7 a pound where i get mine in iowa. but in my region it ranges from $5-$7 a pound. never run at the strip on a full bottle.

Danael A Zilk
President XXX J-Bodies
Black Hawk County, IA
Thursday, March 03, 2005 3:00 PM
80 bucks here in oklahoma..............well thats what this speed shop qouted me in enid oklahoma. just for a 10lb bottle!

racing a ford is like racing a fat kid.
Thursday, March 03, 2005 4:27 PM
never run at the strip with a full bottle why? i was reading the instructions to install a wet kit by nx and it doesnt seem to bad seems like i coudl do it, so probably after i get my p&p head w/ 5 angle valve job and maybe some new valves and hopefully rockers and cam, then ill get some n20!

wikkymaster <<-

check out my blogs!
Gov't Auto Auction

How I Stopped Smoking

Easy online cash

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search