Electronics input - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Electronics input
Monday, February 28, 2005 12:20 PM
I was wondering if some of these electronics I'm about to mention would work well with nitrous and possibly even control it.

Greddy E-Manage
Apexi S-AFC
MSD Dis-II Programmable

I know the E-manage and A-pexi is popular with boosted apps and the MSD controls the ignition but I want to know which you would buy (if they actually all work in conjunction with nitrous) and a brief description of what each one does. If this is confusing just post your AIM or YIM name so I can ask you on there since this is my LAST post till March. Thanks alot

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Re: Electronics input
Monday, February 28, 2005 12:48 PM
The programmable MSD can. It has 3 built in RPM window switches so you could technically run a three stage. You still want a WOT switch though. All three RPM window switches are programmable and give 12v outputs only durring that window. I'm not sure about the rest, I only own the programmable dis2.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, February 28, 2005 2:52 PM
Joshua Roberts wrote:The programmable MSD can. It has 3 built in RPM window switches so you could technically run a three stage. You still want a WOT switch though. All three RPM window switches are programmable and give 12v outputs only durring that window. I'm not sure about the rest, I only own the programmable dis2.

that depends on what msd you get...

Monday, February 28, 2005 7:58 PM
Quote:

Quote:

Joshua Roberts wrote:

The programmable MSD can. It has 3 built in RPM window switches so you could technically run a three stage. You still want a WOT switch though. All three RPM window switches are programmable and give 12v outputs only durring that window. I'm not sure about the rest, I only own the programmable dis2.

that depends on what msd you get...

First line in the post. Programmable. I thought it was pretty obvious I was talking about the programmable DIS-2 since that was what he asked about. Sorry if there was any confusion. Everything I said holds true to THAT ignition though. Like I had said, it is the one I use. It is MSD part number 1612 I believe. Awesome tool! It may be overkill for nitrous though. I got it for the most part for the boost retard with a 3 bar map sensor.

Cardomain|Myspace

Monday, February 28, 2005 9:18 PM
6212 is the one you're reffering to

6211 would be more suited for nitrous

http://www.msdignition.com/ignition_24_6211_6215.htm

Tuesday, March 01, 2005 9:56 PM
^^^^^^^^^^^^why? The programmable has the same exact features PLUS it can ACTIVATE the nitrous in series with the WOT switch using the RPM window switches. Then you can also program a timing curve specifically for the time while nitrous is engaged. What is not to love!? You can set the base curve and 3 additional curves based on inputs. Each of those inputs will add the retard to the base curve. There is also a launch curve that you can set that overirdes all otehr retards in place. The 6212 is more suited for ANYTHING but an N/A, barely modified motor.

Cardomain|Myspace

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 9:46 AM
Hrrm... good questions Jamal.. Im diggin this post me thinks Imm alook into gettin a MSD DIS for my 50 shot. But would you still require the button pushing on the steering wheel to activate teh solenoid? this would just prevent it from being used at RPM's which are not designated in the DIS box correct? so it would prevent early spraying or any "Poissible" problems you might have by setting the Nitrous to a specific window which it would only have power.. correct? Or did i Lose you? LOL

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Wednesday, March 02, 2005 10:35 AM
Well Troll a WOT (wide open throtle) switch eliminates any push button operation and sprays the nitrous when the throttle is "wide open" when it supposed to be activated! When you don't want the nitrous to spray just close to bottle off. Troll I'm really wanting to get the Dis-II digital/programmeble but I've heard all but bad things about that Greddy unit and was wondering if it could do anything near what that MSD unit could. We need to hook up and get all this stuff installed man! Later

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Wednesday, March 02, 2005 3:48 PM
yesh we do! I'm still waiting on on my frikkin Fed's to mail Evan the final payment for my NX kit & the header. Stupid govt... but if you wanna wait (If you're still here in the NW) We'll hook up and install this @!#$.. w/ the help of Steve-o. AT said that he probably wouldnt have a prob w/ helping install all the goodies. there might be some other stuff too that I might need to buy or want to buy.

Oh yah, Jamal.. I've decided to incorperate a lil CF into my Engine bay as well as my interior (just small peices) and i found out all the information about how to work w/ it too. It's so SIMPLE! lol more or less like glassing w/ a few small differences. So we needa hook up b4 you go back to ATL for school (If you get sent back on teh train Au Du Auschwitcs) So lemme know whut's up damnit!

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.
-Saint Augustine
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search