programmable nitrous kit - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
programmable nitrous kit
Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:07 PM
Alright I did a search, and came up with nothing. I was looking at a magazine a while back, and I remember briefly reading over an article where they were talking about a nitrous kit that when its on, you can set it to just come on in a certain rpm range. At the time, I had no intentions of installing nitrous at all, so I didn't really pay much attention to the article. Well now that I've started thinking about putting some juice on my car I would really like to know if this kit really exists, cause I can't find the magazine it was in. Has anyone heard of this? Anyone maybe have a kit like this in their car? Or does anyone know where I might be able to find some info on a kit like this? Thanks in advance for your help.

Tim

"Hey man is that a Cavalier?" "Yeah." What you got in it?" "It's stock." "Oh."
Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04

Re: programmable nitrous kit
Thursday, March 10, 2005 11:23 PM
NX makes a kit, its a wet nitrous kit and has a wide open throttle switch. its also a good idea to get a open window switch that has the nitrous spray at a certain point best area is between 3200rpms and 5600 rpms, if you get the chance talk to Nitro he's an expert on this stuff.

also if you want to run a big shot retard your timing and get step1 or 2 colder spark plugs.

there alot to post that you want to look into so i'll make a list

msd-dis II ingnition
window switch
wide band o2 gauge(important)
fuel pressure gauge(important)
bottle heater
purge valve(for fun and to clear out system)
nkg tr6 spark plugs
run at least 92 octane gas

i'm not sure about the fuel system (like pump and injectors) and fuel pressure regulators, but i know the kit adds fuel with nitrous so you might not need to do anything to the fuel system.

i may be corrected

racing a ford is like racing a fat kid.
Friday, March 11, 2005 2:08 AM
Oh ok, the open window switch sounds like what I was reading about. I would really like to have something like that, cause I've always been against juice cause I heard all the stories of people blowing they're engines cause they don't really know how to use nos. Thanks for the list. I'm sure that'll prove very useful in the future.

Tim

"Hey man is that a Cavalier?" "Yeah." What you got in it?" "It's stock." "Oh."
Dimebag
Darrell
Abbott
R.I.P
8/20/66
12/8/04
Friday, March 11, 2005 5:57 AM
NITROUS

its cool common mistake

also people blow their engine becuase the go too lean when they boost, or in other words, have to much air in the ratio and melt the spark plugs or boom!!!!!!!

that why you need some kind of air fuel guage, get a wideband people live by those things around here, and i will too when i get my kit.
also a cool gauge is a bottle pressure gauge mounted in eye's level so you can see where your bottle pressure is.

most people get a good 6-8 pulls with a bottle, and 15 before the bottle is empty, this is on a 10lb bottle.
call your local shops to see how much it costs to refill the bottle.

mine is 70-85bucks depends on where i go.

Friday, March 11, 2005 7:19 AM
I thought you didnt have to have a wideband because the narrowband or stock ones read just find at wot?? the widebands just read faster everywhere but wot. I thought I read that somewhere else?
Friday, March 11, 2005 9:08 AM
widebands are more persice, a narrowband will let you know a general idea of what your a/f is at, its usually suitable for a quick glance to see if your still ok

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Friday, March 11, 2005 9:19 AM
so its ok for a 50 shot?
Friday, March 11, 2005 10:11 AM
yeah it'll be ok for a 50 shot but i would still get a wideband becuase nitrous gets very addictive

Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:12 AM
The Venom VCN 2000 kit is fully programmable like you are looking for plus it monitors your air/fuel ratio and shuts off if you lean out.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search