Eco Puddling?? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Eco Puddling??
Monday, March 14, 2005 2:23 PM
Just wondering if after you are done spraying at the track if you could take the manifold off and spray air in there to get the puddling out?? Just an idea. Also a friend of mine with a 95 TA said that alot of guys he knows just keep reving the motor after a run to suck up any puddling on their cars. Just wondering if anyone has tried this or knows/thinks it would work. Thanks

My Sig Was To Big

Re: Eco Puddling??
Monday, March 14, 2005 2:50 PM
hey, it's cody... i met you at koozys

there has been two guys on here (that i know of) that have experienced puddling and it's crappy effects

brandoson, blew his intake manifold right off

04 ecotec ls sport, puddled and silicone ring that goes around the TB blew off and got stuck in the plate in the throttle body (TB)

puddling is just an annoyance more than anything, the worst that happens is you have to buy a new intake manifold really.....

ways to prevent???

don't spray under 4000 rpms, make sure your wet kit (if that's what you choose) isn't running abnormally rich, ONLY spray when you're at WOT (wide open throttle)

that should just about cover it....

Monday, March 14, 2005 2:53 PM
Quote:

make sure your wet kit (if that's what you choose)

wow that statement was absolutely retarded...... oh well

Monday, March 14, 2005 4:51 PM
Thanks for the info. Any wet kit that anyone would recommend? I was thinking the NX kit. Anyone have a link where to get it? No one has heard about reving it up to clear it out? Thanks for the info Cody

My Sig Was To Big
Monday, March 14, 2005 5:50 PM
Hey whats up, first of all sorry I haven't answered you e-mail, alot of @!#$ has been goign on lately sory. But Nitrous Xpress single stage import EFI kit is what I was running, never had any problems. And to add another thing the puddling dependsing on how severe can take out a throttle body as well, my buddy had a nitrous backfire which ignitied the puddling gas and he lost an intake manifold, a throttle body, and the flame even made its way to the filter and burnt it up bit.

Reving the engine to clear it out is nothign new, alot of the carborated cars do it before a drag race to keep clean out the fuel puddling cause by a carborator. reving it up might help o the eco but considering you usually turn the car off shortly after the run if it puddling its prolly better to let it sit and evaporate then have a running enginge that could set it off. And usually when it happens you foot is to the floor

Monday, March 14, 2005 8:16 PM
yeah i guess that makes sense about your foot being flat to the floor when it backfires. I dont know what i was thinking. Um so do you still wanna sell the a pillar or are you gonna keep that. A little off topic i know sorry. Thanks for the imput guys.

My Sig Was To Big
Monday, March 14, 2005 8:52 PM
just hit me up on AIM sometime, i added you to my buddy list awhile ago but I've never seen you on

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:22 AM
Yeah i hardly go on that cause i dont usually have anyone to talk to on there but ill keep it open from now on man. Later guys. Oh and check out the show in our regions forum. I need your guys help. Thanks

My Sig Was To Big
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 11:39 AM
a new intake manifold would help the issue but it is just not worth the money or effort

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search