NOS performance - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
NOS performance
Friday, March 18, 2005 10:44 AM
Hey,
I am looking for some additional hp on my 2.2 I cant afford a 3K charger. So NOS comes to mind..
I read/hear bad and good stuff .. but most people that i hear the bad stuff dont have NOS themselves.. anyone that has nos.. please let me know and advise..

thanks

Re: NOS performance
Friday, March 18, 2005 10:51 AM
most people see "NITROUS" (NOS is a company so the proper term is Nitrous or N20) as a way of cheeting because its not always on. So depending on who you talk to then some people just make the problems seen with nitrous worse than they are.

If you looking at running a small shot its cheap and has virtually NO risk to it. The main thing is you have to keep out of detonation, cooler spark plugs, and for added safety (not always needed) retarded timing, if your going to run full timing even on a short shot i would reccomend a min. of mid grade fuel. Run the mix alittle ritch to start off with and start with small shots, read your plugs to see what is happening....

Its not rocket science to say the least :p

Friday, March 18, 2005 1:41 PM
I would do it --- it is real power and does not hit the pocket book as hard as a super charger or a turbo kit -- just read around and know what you are doing before you use it

Re: NOS performance
Friday, March 18, 2005 2:22 PM
i like nitrous. its there when you need it and its more fun than turbo

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search