Iridium Plugs? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Iridium Plugs?
Saturday, March 19, 2005 9:47 PM
I was thinking about getting a wet nitrous setup this coming summer and I was curious if anyone knew if it was ok to use Iridium Plugs. They seem like the best plugs out there and I wanted to know if they would work before I go out and buy a set because they are pretty spendy. I know NX, NOS and the others say not to use platinum plugs for some reason or another and I was curious if the same thing applied to Iridium. Any info is helpful, thanks.

"On a long enough time line, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero."
-Fight Club-

Re: Iridium Plugs?
Saturday, March 19, 2005 11:55 PM
I would get copper plugs, I think the iridiums are hotter than stock and you want to run colder plugs that don't glow.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Sunday, March 20, 2005 12:04 AM
i was always told that the NGK Iridium IX plugs are 2 steps colder than stock

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:46 AM
Two steps colder than stock for spraying only on occasion seems drastic to me? I could be wrong tho....

Sunday, March 20, 2005 8:51 AM
a lot heat is there in the clyinder when using n20. the colder plugs help with that so your rings and whatever lastlonger

Monday, March 21, 2005 6:43 AM
i realize that but its not like you are spraying all day. SPraying on occasion just doesnt seem like enough to go to two step colder plugs. Im not sure how the car would run for an extended time just running normal?

Monday, March 21, 2005 8:14 AM
you dont need to go 2 steps colder. one step colder would probaly be more than enough. but a wise man once said "When building (modding) a car/truck always over build rather than under build."

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search