how often do you change plugs? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
how often do you change plugs?
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 7:14 PM
I searched a little bit but didnt get too much of an idea. For all you nitrous guys..... post your:
how often you change/check your plugs
engine
what shot you run
and what plugs and wires you run

Thanks for all the info in advance guys!

Re: how often do you change plugs?
Tuesday, March 15, 2005 9:38 PM
I change my oil every 2500 miles, I change the plugs evey other oil change (I compession check the engine with every other oil change so I since I have to remove them i just replace them, autolite #103's are cheap as hell so it doesn't cost much)

Tuesday, March 15, 2005 10:53 PM
oil:2500
plugs:every few weeks(NGK Tr6 plugs with accel wires)
shot:75 wet
engine:2200

Wednesday, March 16, 2005 6:22 AM
when using nitrous, you should check the plugs on a regular basis such as oil change time, and also check them after every track visit / race day to see the color of the ground strap and tip. this is the best way to tell how rich/lean your a/f mixture is. black and sooty=rich. white=LEAN
i have an 03 ecotec waiting for the tracks to open until i spray 55shot dry

Friday, March 18, 2005 4:56 PM
I just ordered NGK TR6's along with Magnecor wires. Anyone running/heard about the Magnecor wires?

Friday, March 25, 2005 5:16 PM
good wires. i had magnecor 8mm wires on my 98 2.2. smoother idle. no performance gain but its a good replacement for the $hitty quality stock wires that like to go bad and start to arc

Friday, March 25, 2005 6:59 PM
i just pulled mine out today and they were green, good or bad? thats 3 weeks of the 50 shot - 6 bottles

Saturday, March 26, 2005 12:39 AM
green thats an interesting plug color... you really cannot tell much from the plugs color right @ the tip, to properly read a plug you need a magnifying glass with a light and good knowledge on plugs. if you go to autozone and ask they should have a plug reading tool you can buy.

Start New Topic Advanced Search