About to install, few quick questions... - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
About to install, few quick questions...
Saturday, April 02, 2005 5:41 AM
Aight guys im planning on doing my nitrous install tonight and i have a few quick questions. First, it is a zex kit, so i have to tap into the throttle position sensor to get a signal for WOT, there are three wires, what color do i tap into? Also, that hole in the truck for like if water gets in that i hear a lot of people run their nitrous lines through, where is that at? Passanger side? Thanks for all the help ahead of time and if anyone has a fuel pressure saftey switch let me know i got one and im trying to figure out how to tune it.

Re: About to install, few quick questions...
Saturday, April 02, 2005 9:17 AM
not sure where that hole is at. you can always rip out the carpet in your trunk and look

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Saturday, April 02, 2005 3:13 PM
my trunk is gutted and i dont know where one is.....there is one behind the passengers seat, thats where i ran mine

Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:39 AM
i did a zex wet kit on my friends 05 cavi. I beleive it was the green wire but double check me. I know for sure it isnt't the white wire.We ran the light underneath the car and drilled a hole in the trunk(real simple). Also did you get the wet or dry kit?
Sunday, April 03, 2005 2:03 PM
Let us know how you like the zex. I'm thinking about getting a 75 wet shot on my talon. That is if I dont get the turbo setup i'm planningo n getting.

Sunday, April 03, 2005 5:05 PM
SunfireGT wrote:i did a zex wet kit on my friends 05 cavi. I beleive it was the green wire but double check me. I know for sure it isnt't the white wire.We ran the light underneath the car and drilled a hole in the trunk(real simple). Also did you get the wet or dry kit?

i got the wet kit. But i dunno how the eco is i dont have a green wire. Just blue, black and grey.... im guessing the blue one....

Sunday, April 03, 2005 7:33 PM
get a voltmeter, and tap each wire to see.......one should be 0 volts, thats ground, one is a 5 volt constant wire, thats reference, and the other is 0-5 volts depending on throttle position....thats what you want to tap into for the zex kit

You'll never touch God's hand
You'll never taste God's breath
Because you'll never see the second coming
Life's too short to be focused on insanity
I've seen the ways of God
I'll take the devil any day
Hail Satan

(slayer, skeleton christ, 2006)
Sunday, April 03, 2005 8:48 PM
i just completed my zex install on my 05 sunfire. TPS wire is the dark blue wire. For the trunk, there are no easily accessible holes i found, so I drilled one. make sure the bottle is mounted with nozzle facing down, burst disk facing up, for maximum amount of liquid nitrous. I didnt use a fuel pressure safety switch, with a 50 shot of nitrous the ecotec performs fine. Make sure you dont have any leaks in the lines (trust me, its annoying,) and youre ready to go!

Monday, April 04, 2005 6:26 AM
Thanks a lot Rob, i can feel better going with the blue wire now. Although i dont have an eco, i might just skip the saftey switch beasue i cant find a t fitting arround here to tap into the line with. I may just check my fuel pressure before the install. Thanks again for all the info!. BTW, did you drill somewhere by the spare tire?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search