damn head gasket - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
damn head gasket
Sunday, April 10, 2005 6:42 PM
well at track first 2 runs were 15.0 flat with 55shot and i took bottle out and was empty so my buddy lent me his bottle and ran 14.1 at 102mph. Anyway at end of track when i let go of the gas the car shut off and wouldnt re start. I had my buddy crank it and air was coming out of the tb. I let it sit awhile and it started up fine. I beleive they had problems with the older style oil pump and made all the lifters float and you had no compression and had to wait for the pressure to bleed done. This made sense because it sounded as if I had no timing chain. But today which is 2 days after the track it was running fine and I heard a weird noise and smoke came outta exhaust. Now everytime i hit the gas alot of white smoke came out and i took oil cap off while it was running and air and water was coming out so i figure its def a head gasket. shame cuz motor only has like 30k miles on it. Anyway I have 2 questions. Has anyone bought a stronger headgasket? If so where. And Would compressed air from my bottle help with performance because 15 flat was decent for all motor but i did only trap at 90mph so maybe it was a good run. Thanks guys.

Re: damn head gasket
Monday, April 11, 2005 6:46 AM
1. Yeah people have, but for the 2.4L they are hard to find right now. I would suggest a Victor Rienz teflon coated one.

2. Compressed air won't help. If you could put 10lbs of air in the bottle, your engine would eat all 10lbs in probably the first couple seconds , probably before you hit the 60ft, and it wouldn't be compressed by the time it got to the cylinders.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, April 11, 2005 2:56 PM
thanks for info thats cool i ran 15 flat all motor then. ANyway do you know a website where i can geta teflon coated one? Thanks shifted
Monday, April 11, 2005 2:58 PM
Victor Rienz is either Napa or CarQuest, I can't remember which but I think its Napa.

4cyltuner.com - Information Source For 4 Cylinder Tuners
Buy stuff from CarCustoms Ebay! Won't be disappointed!

Monday, April 11, 2005 5:22 PM
ok thanks. the teflon coated be better then gm?
Monday, April 11, 2005 5:49 PM
cometic mls look into that

1989 Turbo Trans Am #82, 2007 Cobalt SS G85

Saturday, April 16, 2005 6:26 AM
nope head gasket is probably fine I think you dinked up a piston...probably a crack or enough detonation to take chips out of the piston and break the rings lands......it will run but as soon as you hit the gas it will blow smoke out the exhaust due to the engine being under a heavier load.......pull off the head and take a look

Goodbye Bobby, May God grant you the peace you never found in life.
“Here's my counter-offer to your counter-offer: go f**k yourself.”
—Al Swearengen
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search