2.2L OHV Fuel pressure gauge install? - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
2.2L OHV Fuel pressure gauge install?
Tuesday, April 12, 2005 11:25 AM
i need to install a pressure gauge somewhere on my fuel line for my 2.2 OHV.. where's a good place to do it?

2004 Nissan Maxima SE w/ Elite Pkg
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ Sport Pkg

Re: 2.2L OHV Fuel pressure gauge install?
Sunday, April 17, 2005 8:16 PM
You should be able to follow your fuel rail down to where it meets rubber gas hose. Put in a T-fitting there and hook it up.
Thursday, April 28, 2005 7:43 AM
I installed mine on the passenger side of the fuel rail. See pic:

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/5/web/737000-737999/737412_4_full.jpg

As you can see the FPG mounts between the head and PS pump. You will need the gauge, a 90* 1/8"male/female elbow, a shop vac, Teflon pipe thread sealant, a 1/8" pipe thread drill and tap set and a relatively small drill to fit between the fuel rail and fender with the drill bit installed.

You'll have to drill into the end of the rail.
To do this first unbolt the coolant reservoir and move it out of the way.
Take out the first injector, disconnect the fuel line at the rail and drain the fuel out of the rail.
You can now work the drill into the space where the coolant reservoir was.
Be sure to drill the hole centered and in-line with the fuel rail( note: you may have to disconnect the lower engine mount/torque arm and wedge the engine forward or backwards to get a straight shot on the fuel line). Use the shop vac while drilling to suck up the shavings, you don't want them to end up in the fuel rail, let alone all over the engine.
Once the hole is drilled, you'll have to be creative here, tap the hole with the 1/8" pipe tap. I ended up using a 1/4" drive ratchet, extension and socket to hold and turn the tap. Continue using the vac to catch the shavings.
Apply the sealant to the male end of the 90* fitting and screw it in. The pipe thread is slightly tapered, tighten enough to get a good seal and the female end is pointing up, without stripping the threads in the aluminum.
Apply sealant to the threads of the gauge(don't get any in the hole on the end). Screw it in till it is tight and facing the direction you want it to face.

Just reassemble everything in the reverse order and fire it up.

BTW, if you want a gauge inside the passenger compartment leave out the 90* fitting and get a FP gauge isolator kit and any nesasary fitting and gauge mounting items. Do not run any fuel lines in the passenger compartment!

This is a relatively simple install for anyone with a moderate amount of mechanical aptitude and can be done in about one to two hours.

Thursday, April 28, 2005 11:03 AM
nice thanks a lot for the help!

2004 Nissan Maxima SE w/ Elite Pkg
2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe w/ Sport Pkg
Monday, May 02, 2005 10:37 PM
nice, wonder is the 2200 fuel rail will work the same

Wednesday, May 04, 2005 1:56 PM
Phlatcav,
No the fuel rail's different on the 2200's. The inlet is located next to the Brake resivoir. You could get a T-fitting to go between the fuel rail and the fuel inlet line, though it might be difficult to find the fitting. I don't know the size or type of fitting used there.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search