HELP! RPM Window Switch - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
HELP! RPM Window Switch
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 2:11 PM
Ok guys just wondering if anyone has installed one of these on an eco. I just got mine today and wanna get it installed before friday. I have heard from other people that try to install tachs that they only read half of what the actual rpm of the motor is. I was also wondering if there was anyway to hook it up to a wire behind the the dash to the factory tach. Thanks for your help guys.

My Sig Was To Big

Re: HELP! RPM Window Switch
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 2:26 PM
Oh and this is the Nitrous Express Window Switch on an Nitrous Express EFI Import system if that matters. Thanks guys

My Sig Was To Big
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 2:53 PM
the rpm signal running to the dash is unreadable by aftermarket tachs, as its mixed in with other data. youll need a tach adapter... autometer makes one. it reads the voltage from the trigger wires and gets its tach reading from the pulses there, or something like that. there is no way i can see to install a tach without some sort of thing like this, and I have the shop manual for the eco cars.

Wednesday, April 13, 2005 3:02 PM
yeah thanks for your help. I found it in another post and am goin to the shop today to order the MSD Tach adapter thing. Thanks for your help guys

My Sig Was To Big
Wednesday, April 13, 2005 8:27 PM
here ya go man.... all the info you'll ever need

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=39&i=7521&t=7521#7521

have fun and good luck, we'll have to make a trip to great lakes dragaway and see what's up..... (when i get my nitrous installed, most of the parts are sitting on my floor right now)

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search