Other items to add with nitrous system - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Other items to add with nitrous system
Thursday, April 28, 2005 3:52 PM
I have been told by some people that the following items would be a help but are certainly not needed as add ons when using nitrous. If any listed below are totally useless, please feel free to tell me!

Fuel Pressure Riser
Fuel Pump
Updated Belt
Nology Power Core Coil Amplifier
2 steps colder Spark plugs

Anything else I may or may not need to upgrade?

Throttle Body?

Re: Other items to add with nitrous system
Thursday, April 28, 2005 4:33 PM
well, what shot are you running? is it wet or dry?
Fuel Pressure Riser
Fuel Pump
these 2 items are not really needed. you should be fine with your stock feul system. as long as you have a 75 shot or less. but some have gotten away with a 100 on stock feul system. you just need to use the proper jets is all

Updated Belt???? what kind of belt
Nology Power Core Coil Amplifier i dont think this is needed

and it would help if you filled out your profile with what car you have, what engine it has and what other mods you have done to it

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Re: Other items to add with nitrous system
Thursday, April 28, 2005 6:45 PM
1.) Most (good) dry systems do this automaticaly; wet systems incorporate fuel into the shot

2.) Not needed, but you could call it preventative maintenance

3.)

4.) The stronger "spark" you have, the more fuel/nitrous you burn, hence giving yourself more power. Not necessary for safety, though

5.) You definitely need these, yes

***ALSO***

1.) Nitrous pressure gauge, so you know when you can spray (900/950 psi)

2.) Bottle warmer, or you'll only get a full shot when your bottle is full--as it gets lower, you'll be disappointed in the performance.

3.) Air/Fuel gauge is a help, especially if you don't plan on installing a WOT switch

4.) Upgading your ignition wires, coil packs and air/fuel systems will only help with the "punch" your nitrous gives the car.

There's a lot of things you could add with nitrous, but it could be a long list. Are you just looking for safety, or all the "perks" like a bottle opener?

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search