Nology Hotwires - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Nology Hotwires
Monday, May 02, 2005 9:04 AM
Ok, I did a search for this, and was unable to find anything. I am curious as to weather these plugs are straight to use w/ juice. I would assume not, but you never know. Click here to see exactly what I am talking about. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Nology Hotwires
Monday, May 02, 2005 9:23 AM
Q_Bert wrote:Ok, I did a search for this, and was unable to find anything. I am curious as to weather these plugs are straight to use w/ juice. I would assume not, but you never know. Click here to see exactly what I am talking about. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

what you're talking about is plug wires, not plugs

what they're advertising is a conversion kit to get away from the idi cover

Monday, May 02, 2005 9:34 AM
Right, I am sorry...dont know why I wrote plugs...but would this affect the performance of the plugs w/ juice? Is there any dif between these and the way we run our plugs now, or is it still safe?

Monday, May 02, 2005 9:38 AM
well, a hotter spark with nitrous is NEVER a bad thing. it makes for more complete combustion. i just don't know how much better this setup is compared to the stock idi cover though...

BUT, i don't know of anyone on here that's using them... i know steve cote was supposed to be getting this setup but i don't know what happened to that

Monday, May 02, 2005 7:08 PM
i just got mine from them today...gotta love the sponsorship. so far ive seen a few "parts issues" meaning parts that were not there that shoulda been or parts that need modifying. but hey thats why i have this kit...to test it out. so far after driving for 20 miles the exhaust is definately deeper in tone but no huge butt dyno gains...then again with the boost its harder to feel the small gains that MIGHT be there. ill keep yall updated and post some pics soon.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, May 09, 2005 3:03 PM
Does anyone else have any info on these? I am really interested, but would like some idea of their performance w/ nitrous before I buy them. Thanks

Monday, May 09, 2005 4:18 PM
well my kit is off. i got tired of the damn CMP signal code. its time to send the kit back to them for a bit of reworking. other than that it worked wonderfully and did actually raising the spark plug voltage output a bit just like advertised. but with the boost i cant afford to have my fuel mistimed.

I used to race cars, now I race myself.
5K PB: 24:50
10K PB: 54:26
Monday, May 09, 2005 5:38 PM
Q_Bert wrote:Does anyone else have any info on these? I am really interested, but would like some idea of their performance w/ nitrous before I buy them. Thanks

if you want all the extra benefits of upgrading your ignition system, why dont you just go with a dis-2?

Monday, May 09, 2005 7:07 PM
rob wrote:
Q_Bert wrote:Does anyone else have any info on these? I am really interested, but would like some idea of their performance w/ nitrous before I buy them. Thanks

if you want all the extra benefits of upgrading your ignition system, why dont you just go with a dis-2?

you tell us how to wire that turd up to an eco and then everyone will be happY!

Tuesday, May 10, 2005 11:43 AM
MeltdOwn350 aka cOdy wrote:
rob wrote:

ditto

Wednesday, May 11, 2005 1:40 PM
04 ecotec LS Sport wrote:
MeltdOwn350 aka cOdy wrote:
rob wrote:

ditto

I'm installing mine one week from this coming friday, along with msd blaster coils and spark plug wires. ill try to make a diagram soon though.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search