Few questions, Need opinions - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
Few questions, Need opinions
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 8:24 PM
Ok, Ive looked, and researched nitrous and how it works quite a bit. I really want it because ive been seeing dyno sheets and hearing great storys. But I want to make sure that if I do get it. Its "almost" 100% safe. I was thinking that a 50 shot would be what I wanted. And later upgradeable to 75. Now some opinions... If I get a 50 shot then how much extra fuel should I put in the cylinders? Whats is the opinion on the best fuel to air ratio? I know the stokiometric ratio is 14.7:1 but.. thats for emisions. Would 12-13 be good or what? Cause you can only run too lean once, then its toast usually. I hear people saying the af mix is too rich with nitrous when they add fuel to the mix. I just figured OBDII would try and keep up with it best as possible, But it can only pulse the injectors so long before you NEED more fuel. Where would be the easiest place to get the fuel from+ what type injector/size. Im thinking performance.. but Im also thinking cost.. Nitrous really seems to be the way to go. And after buying a bottle heater, injector, nozzles and that good stuff, anybody have a round about price for the whole system? I dont need any fancy gauges or anything, just a pressure gauge and a arm and FIRE button lol. Thanks for the advice!

Speed costs... How fast ya wanna go??
<a href="http://mywebpages.comcast.net/pj1987">My old cars</a>

Re: Few questions, Need opinions
Tuesday, May 03, 2005 11:25 PM
with all that research you should have found that any GOOD nitrous kit will add more fuel for you. the only reason you'd ever need to worry about fuel issues is if you run some MASSIVE shot and i'm talkin like 200.

if you use the pills recommended by the nitrous company you'll be just fine as far as fuel goes (that's if you go with a wet kit, which is a VERY good idea). the manufacturer's suggested jets run you quite a bit on the rich side anyways and our cars have a tendency to run rich as well.

items: nitrous kit will be 450 to 700 depending on kit
bottle heater will be around 110 to 200 depending on company

MOST people around these parts reccomend and use nitrous express, NOS, and zex

i'm honestly glad that i had no money for the first couple years i was on this site, it gave me soooo much time to learn and soak it all in before i went out and spent a bunch of money on stuff i would've had no idea how to use.

with that said, do more research

Re: Few questions, Need opinions
Wednesday, May 04, 2005 8:45 PM
if you are asking about fuel ... you must not know to get a wet kit...

i say research some more
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search