How To Maintain a Nitrous Setup - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
How To Maintain a Nitrous Setup
Thursday, December 15, 2005 6:27 AM
well ive been into building a 2200 engine that will handle n20. i was just wondering what it takes to maintain a nitrous setup.

cause i really dont want to put all this money into this project just to have it blow. thanks

I Drank 750 Bottles Of Mountain Dew For A XBOX 360.... AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID HAT.

Re: How To Maintain a Nitrous Setup
Thursday, December 15, 2005 8:37 AM
First of all nitrous isn't as complex as a turbo or fuel system so don't make it. Only things I would do to make sure it stayed proficient would be to put filters in front of the nitrous solenoids and to re-seal the threads for the lines every 5mnths or so. Another thing would be to check your plugs regularly. That can warn you of running lean early on before you blow a motor or so on.

Hmmm what else........

Ahh, when you refill on the nitrous, run the bottle completely empty because usually when you refill it from time to time it creates air pockets in the tank from the refill station pumping N2o in. Also the Nitrous can be contaminated or have little specs of dirt here and there so its a good idea to run it empty since the dirt can settle at the bottom of the tank. Thats about all I can think of now, maybe someone else will have some other ideas!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Thursday, December 15, 2005 9:30 AM
ok thanks

I Drank 750 Bottles Of Mountain Dew For A XBOX 360.... AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID HAT.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 10:49 AM
you need to change your oil more often then 3000 miles depending on how much you spray
Also change your fuel filter more often
check fuel pressure often
change plugs after you have sprayed 2-3 bottles.
Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:39 PM
every 5-8 bottles i would take the silinoids out and disassemble them to check for tears on the plunger seal, and ten rebuild them evry 15-20 bottles if they are ok.

Thursday, December 15, 2005 12:47 PM
It's also a good idea to spray through your whole system once in a while. Example would be disconnect your intake and cover it up with a few towels (be careful you don't want to spray fuel and n20 in your eyes) and spray the system with out the jets in, clearing out any dirt or dried up sealent.

Also check your lines from time to time especially where the an fittings are sometimes vibrations can wear them down causeing pinhole size leaks. those would need to be replaced. Also checking your shark nozzle to make sure it's didn't turn loose or even fall out (hard to happen but it can).

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search