on off on off nitrous use - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
on off on off nitrous use
Monday, May 29, 2006 11:05 AM
Since I have an automatic and I don't have to shift, and since I'm cheap, instead of buying a window swich do you think it'd be safe for me to turn the nitrous on at 3000rpm, off around 5500, then back on at 3000 in the next gear and then off again? I mean, I'm saving money and all I have to do is keep an eye on my tach and flip a switch, it can't be that hard. But would it be a safe engaging nitrous, turning it off, and engaging it again 2 seconds right after shutting it off?

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2208703

Re: on off on off nitrous use
Monday, May 29, 2006 3:14 PM
Unless you rig a nitrous system to spray off the arming switch you can't do that.

What's hard about having an arming switch and having a push button or handheld pushbutton to hold while running down the track. That was the way most people sprayed before WOT switches were optional or were unheard of.

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Monday, May 29, 2006 3:36 PM
Wait I don't get it. To engage the nitrous, you have to arm it. And it'll only work on WOT. So lets say I'm going WOT and then I arm it, but I end it before I switch gears. Can I not arm it again in the next gear?

But.. If I don't get a WOT switch, I can do it regardless?

Monday, May 29, 2006 5:24 PM
for me, i flip the arming switch around 60 foot mark. then when the run is over, i turn it off. simple as that

and if you are "cheap" then you shouldn't be modding a car in the first place. being cheap gets crappy results. being cheap can result in a blown engine

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Monday, May 29, 2006 6:44 PM
being cheap means he wants the most result from the least amount of money. and nitrous is a great way to achieve that. but if the whole shebang is not in the budget, either keep savin or just buy "cheaper" bolt-ons.
Monday, May 29, 2006 8:08 PM
listen you have a auto set it up were you have to push a button or wot switch . i use a toggle switch in mine and i switch it on at 3000 and off at the end of the run. with or without nitrous your trans will shift at 5500-6000 so dont worry about that. i think it is safer to run nitrous on a auto than a 5 spd but thats my opinion. i also have a friend that uses a wot he waits until he hits 3000 in his auto then flips the arming switch and away he goes .

13's or blowning it. wayhttp://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e175/slowfire99/100_0463.jpg
Monday, May 29, 2006 8:35 PM
a Zex system does spray from the arming switch and only at WOT (taps into the TPS). Yes you can only spray at WOT if you spray any other time you risk detonation. I suggest you research more before you start using it. If you are cheap, i don't mean that in a bad way, I would highly suggest researching because an engine isn't that cheap.

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Monday, May 29, 2006 9:22 PM
I don't mean cheap as in buying cheap or rigging it myself, I mean cheap as in saving money anyway I can. Buying name brand but cheaper then retail, or in this case, doing something manually instead of automatically. If buying a car that has potential, but buying it cheap because I have to roll down the windows and unlock the doors, that's something I'm willing to do. But anyways, I guess I might just get the WOT switch and keep it at that. I got a new torque converter that's about to be installed this week so I guess I'll trust my tranny for now. It's just lately it's been going all the way to 6500 and won't switch gears until I let go off the gas.

Oh.. question. If it activates at WOT, and I let go of the gas meanwhile the nitrous shuts off, will it start up again at WOT or will I have to arm it again?

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:04 AM
With the ZEX... I haven't done that. But if I let go of the gas while spraying then yes it does shut off.

I wasn't referring to you being cheap. Just that you should take the proper percausions with nitrous and learn all you can or it will cost you a lot in the long run.

As far as kits go... I think the Zex kit is just a little bit more expensive... I don't remember how much i spent on mine. I love my zex kit and would highly recommend it (expecally for a beginner (that includes me)).

~Riki

SPONSORED BY: No one!
Car Domain Site
Tuesday, May 30, 2006 6:32 AM
I would get the ZEX kit, but it doesn't come with the 35 shot so I'm going with the NX.

Damnit.. I only got one more post this month.

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 11:06 AM
Use PM's! And for what you're talking about a push button would sound like the best thing to me........

You arm the nitrous, which basically turns both solenoids on, then you can smash the gas and press the button whenever you want it to spray. As long as you hold the button, the nitrous will spray, let got of the button a tad bit, it'll go off. Everything will still be armed, but won't be spraying until you hit the button.

It's the same thing used on F&F but they had it on their steering wheels. They make shifter's that have a button on them that can be rigged to anything. So just search around and see whats right for you!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 2:34 PM
Whatever.. last post of the month, tomorrow is the 31st anyways.

Thanks a lot of the help and input.

I guess I just might use the push button. But can I use the push button and the WOT, or is that just a paradox? Because I want to spary during WOT and only when I want to in that window; but I only want to use it during WOT at some times, like the track and not when I'm at WOT on the highway trying to merge.
So if I get the NX Stage I kit, I'll have to get the WOT switch and the push button seperately, correct?
Oh and if the nitrous is armed and not used, nothing happens right? Say I drive with it armed for about an hour or two, nothing will happen, right?
Oh and a question about purge, will I need to purge only when I arm my nitrous, or between every spray? And how fast will purging use up nitrous compared to actually spraying it?

Sorry for all the questions, it's just I just started researching on nitrous a week ago, and in a few weeks I am looking forward to purchasing a kit.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search