stock 2.4L - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
stock 2.4L
Sunday, July 23, 2006 12:51 PM
I have a 2002 2.4L and how safe is a wet nitrous kit using 35, 50hp jets. I was told that you would be fine just dont engage it under 3000rpm. I want to go this route but cant afford a rebuild if it blows. How often does a nitrous backfire occur or puddling. Also, where do you tap into the fuel line, I was told the schraeder valve but I'm not sure where it is?

Thanks

Re: stock 2.4L
Sunday, July 23, 2006 5:49 PM
ill handle this one, even though i know almost nothing about nitrous....check the faq stickies

2002 Cavalier 2200----- Buffalo, NY
Monday, July 24, 2006 12:06 PM
^^^ you just wasted a post....

id say 35 would be fine stock.... but before id do 50 id do fuel upgrades....

Monday, July 24, 2006 4:55 PM
some have even gone to 100 shot without feul upgrades. some people just increase the feul jet.
ive ran 35, 50, and 75 shot in my 2.4 no problems

Im a Xbox 360 fanboy...and damn proud of it!!
Thursday, July 27, 2006 3:19 PM
juniorj wrote:ill handle this one, even though i know almost nothing about nitrous....check the faq stickies

WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats classic JBO!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

You will be fine. You could really run a dry 50 shot if you wanted but I agree with your thinking of going with a wet kit. I wouldn't personally ever expect a car to last with adding power but not fuel. 75 shot is really pushing it, so I wouldn't do it personally. I know others that have. If you do a 75 shot and CANT risk it blowing, I would say retard the timing 2 degrees with either HPT or a DIS2.

I sprayed a 50 wet shot for about a year, engaging from a dead stop, not caring if I was at 3K or not. With that small of a shot, I can't see it really mattering. Its not really a 50 shot anyway....more of a 42 shot when it comes down to it.

Definately get some tr6 plugs too! They function at 2 steps colder than stock plugs!

Scott

When I boost, you boost, we boost
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You have been banned from NEJBODY.
You've displayed wayyy too many acts of pushing people to their limits.
It's never cool to tear people down for what they want to do.
NEJBODY is a team. We're not the same as JBO where everyone bashes on eachother.
I'm surprised you show up to our meets after half of the things you say on here.
Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search