help with wiring - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
help with wiring
Wednesday, July 26, 2006 9:24 PM
hey guys whats up. I started my nitrous install today and I'll probably do the wiring tomorrow. I was just wondering if anybody could help me out with that and the vaccum lines. I need to know which vac line i need to hook up for. those with the zex dry kit know what i'm talking about. I'm also a little sketchy on the tps sensor wire. The biggest problem I have is hooking up to an RPM signal. If anybody could help me out with that i would be very appreciative.

Re: help with wiring
Thursday, July 27, 2006 4:57 PM
up....bigrey....anybody

Friday, July 28, 2006 9:20 PM
Hey there! having trouble with your zex kit? Well the White wire on the Zex NMU goes to the gray wire on your TPS. I'm not %100 sure, but if you have a Chiltons manual it can tell you what color the wires are in the wiring diagram; Then look in the "Engine Electrical" section and it will show you what wire is the 5 volt reference. I know it's the gray wire on 95-97 2.2's, just not totally sure about the 98-02 2200's. I know that mosly all the sensors are the same because I have interchanged some newer sensors on to my car.

The vaccum lines aren't that tricky. What I have done was take the vaccum source from the Fuel Pressure Regulator and fed that direcly to the NUM's vaccum source. Then from the NUM's vaccum to the FPR. You will notice that you will be running rich most of the time, but it's better that running lean!

I hope that you have a set of NGK TR6's in there too!

Friday, July 28, 2006 9:33 PM
thanks much dude. I'll take a stab at it tomorrow.

Friday, July 28, 2006 9:40 PM
Hey, no prob, just be wary of using the 75 shot! If you saw my plug in the other thread, that is what happened on the fourth bottle! I was very lucky I only burned a plug and not a piston! Three bottles are fine, just check your plugs every three bottles! That or replace them every three bottles!

Saturday, July 29, 2006 11:18 AM
cool. sounds good. I figured out that the wire was the grey one and i found the vac lines. thanks much.

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search