GUYS REALLY NEED YOUR HELP NITROUS AND TIMING - Nitrous Oxide Forum

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.
GUYS REALLY NEED YOUR HELP NITROUS AND TIMING
Sunday, July 30, 2006 12:02 PM
GUYS REALLY NEED YOUR HELP Will I need to retard my timing while spraying 100-140 hp via direct port? Got forged 11.5.1 wiseco pistons, o-ringed block, cooper head gasker, eagle rods, and factory forged crank. If so how much would you recommend and what would be the cheapest to do this? Does these stock ecms retard timing via a knock sensor like the newer cars? I have a 1990 beretta with a 2.3 h.o engine. GUYS REALLY NEED YOUR HELP

Re: GUYS REALLY NEED YOUR HELP NITROUS AND TIMING
Sunday, July 30, 2006 12:45 PM
this is a j-body forum. i don't know anything about the 2.3l motor, but with my motor, you would definitly want to retard the timing. I also do not know what methods you have of doing that, but I would make sure you take care of it before you even attempt to run a shot that big.

Sunday, July 30, 2006 1:29 PM
Newer cars should only retard timing under normal conditions that the edu reads from the different sensors placed throughout the engine. Basically though, no, the comp will not compensate for that much of an upgrade in power to save the motor from going bye bye!

You'll need to get a MSD DIS-2 or 6 depending on how your coils are set-up on the 2.3. If I'm not mistaken it should be close to the same thing as the 2.4's so you'll need a DIS-II. I'm not sure how much extra equip you need on top of just a dis-II system to make it work (Eco's need extra equip since they don't have coils or something like that?) and I know the 2.4 is the same when it comes to their spark set-ups (I obviously don't know the specifics).

You want to talk to:

AOL Instant Messenger: SpdRcr24Z

or

AOL Instant Messenger: CarCustomParts

Both are highly knowledgable in the 2.3 and 2.4 in different aspects! Good luck!

N2O + Bolt-ons = 220Hp/250Tq

Coming Soon:HpTunersPro, EagleConnectingRods, WiescoPistons, 13sec2200

Sunday, July 30, 2006 1:41 PM
thnks alot for your help bballljamal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sunday, July 30, 2006 6:08 PM
You can use the MSD DIS-4 module and have 4 seperate igniton coils and 4 spark plugs. This gives your engine a more complete spark per cylinder because of the individual plugs. Or you can do the MSD DIS-2 and have 2 coils to fire off 2 plugs at a time! Look into it on the performance forum, there are write-ups about using either the DIS-2 or DIS-4 on the 2.3 and 2.4 quad's. Don't forget to search first!

Forum Post / Reply
You must log in before you can post or reply to messages.

Start New Topic Advanced Search